So I know that CBC Sports Live Streaming isn't working for some reason on the Playbook. Does anyone know of a site that will work in Canada for streaming the Stanley Cup Final tomorrow night? I assume one that worked for last night's game will work tomorrow, so if you watched it online from Canada last night, what's the best site to use?

I want to set up my TV on my deck and have a party and it would be SO much easier to just stream from my Playbook and connect it to my TV via HDMI rather than running a cable from inside to outside. However, if a good HD feed is not available, I'm not sure what other route I could take.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!
    06-14-11 07:22 AM
    This might help you. You would think for the amount of advertising that RIM does with the NHL, they would have a link ready for PlayBook users, for such a purpose. But all I could find was this:

NHL Network and NHL.com 2011 Stanley Cup Final coverage - NHL Network

-Kang the Troll
    06-14-11 07:28 AM
    Since the game is on CBC, have you thought of just putting the rabbit ears on your TV and watching it the old fashioned way, over the air?

I think we are out of luck regarding streaming it on the playbook. I am assuming it is a licensing problem, not the hardware itself, as the commercials play. It is this way on the other networks for streaming TV shows; ads show, then feed doesn't work.

Robert
    06-14-11 07:33 AM
    Thanks. This is really only for a pre-game broadcast and doesn't stream the actual game itself.

Has anyone been able to get CBC Sports working or know of an alternate link that streams the feed?

Much appreciated!
    06-14-11 07:34 AM
    Rabbit ears means no HD! Haha... also, not sure that new-style TVs can do the whole rabbit-ear thing.
    06-14-11 07:35 AM
    Rabbit ears means no HD! Haha... also, not sure that new-style TVs can do the whole rabbit-ear thing.
    I know in my area with digital OTA Rabbit ears bring in HD
    06-14-11 09:31 AM
    If you really want to watch it that bad on the PB, I believe NHL streams it HD for $4.99 for the game.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 09:49 AM
    You could try catching one of the many illegal streams that will pop up on justintv. NHL will be watching too and shutting them down so they might not stay up all game. Check MyP2P Forum for info, please note many of the streams listed there will require plug ins or extra software so they won't work, BUT some are flash, so keep trying.
    kyleheney likes this.
    06-14-11 10:05 AM
    it will be on justin.tv like all the other games are. they are in HD also. Hope this helps.
    kyleheney likes this.
    06-14-11 10:12 AM
    MyP2P Forum ... best site for any sports, just go to the correct category and go "streaming today" or something along those lines and select the correct link (make sure its not a link for a 3rd party program).

Works flawlessly
    pkcable and kyleheney like this.
    06-14-11 10:35 AM
    MyP2P Forum ... best site for any sports, just go to the correct category and go "streaming today" or something along those lines and select the correct link (make sure its not a link for a 3rd party program).

Works flawlessly
    It's called NHL Today (Streaming) I believe. Guess who came up with the name way back when and is a mod there, although he's a bit too busy at CB to be much modding there these days.
    06-14-11 12:41 PM
    It's called NHL Today (Streaming) I believe. Guess who came up with the name way back when and is a mod there, although he's a bit too busy at CB to be much modding there these days.
    oh nice! best site ive ever used for streaming live sports, I guess it was well moderated haha
    06-14-11 01:17 PM
    Friday night i watched it on justintv, was a split second behind the real time on real tv, as it was on in other room, but I wanted to plant my face right infront of a screen lol
    06-14-11 03:14 PM
    Bell Mobility subscribers also get free NHL streaming on their berries, I know I got the NHL pack when I upgraded my phone. Most new activations come with NHL, but I am sure you can call and ask em. I get an SMS from Bell M just before every game reminding me that I can stream it.

As long as you have a HD tuner (as most flatscreens come with one), you can get CBC HD for free via Air. CBC shouldn't even require a HD antenna to capture the feed either.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 06-14-11 at 04:15 PM.
    06-14-11 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD