I�m experiencing an issue streaming the BBC News Channel (video feed) online from the BBC website.

BBC News - BBC News Channel

After a few seconds the red circle starts spinning within the video window, and invariably it stops working, freezing the video display. Sometimes the size of the video window reduces slightly and I can view a scrambled mess along the bottom of the video frame.

A browser refresh gets it going again, but it doesn�t last long before freezing again.

I�m running a 32GB Playbook presently on 6067, although I have also tried 4189 (or 4869 not sure!) and rooted with 2.0.0.4869 and 2.0.0.6149, but still the same on all.

iPlayer works fine, as does video streaming from other sites. My internet bandwidth is more than sufficient at 6meg.

I�ve tried both 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless, with both WEP and WPA but again still the same.

BBC News Channel streams fine to all my PC�s and my Android tablet, but for some reason the Playbook or stock browser within doesn�t like something!

Anyone else experiencing similar?

TIA
    02-16-12 01:10 PM
    I have exactly the same problem.
    See the BBC website

BBC iPlayer - Help - Can I access BBC iPlayer on my mobile phone?

It states that the playbook is not supported.
    This is very odd, as Blackberry with an agreement with the BBC ,supply links to BBC news and iplayer as part of their operating system.
    02-18-12 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD