Anyone know if the playbook has any way of doing video input? Like basically using it like a monitor.

I install cameras and when i did some ip cameras the play book was great for adjusting. Bridge with my torch, pop in the ip address and boom i get a picture that i can see and adjust accordingly without phoning someone to look at the monitor.

How ever with analouge cameras(which is what i do mostly) i dont have the ip address option. So im curious to know if the playbook can do a video input either through the usb, or maybe the hdmi port, maybe even the headphone jack? ive seen some monitors with a 3.5mm video input (same style/size as headphone.
    11-23-11 01:24 AM
    No definitely no video in

The only way I can think is if you can get the video to a laptop somehow then you can remote view the laptop with a VNC app. The free IMT VNC works well.

But I think you must have both playbook and the laptop on the same wifi network so you may need a hotpot - however there is a way to make the laptop act as a hotspot with connectify.me I think it is? There is a thread in here somewhere on that.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-23-11 at 03:33 AM.
    11-23-11 03:31 AM
    well so far HDMI is output only managed (since HDMI implies in/out). Maybe some to come to enhance that, but no special info about it. No USB host either @ this time ... I guess you'll have to wait (& pray) for the OS2 release ...
    11-23-11 04:13 AM
    well so far HDMI is output only managed (since HDMI implies in/out). Maybe some to come to enhance that, but no special info about it. No USB host either @ this time ... I guess you'll have to wait (& pray) for the OS2 release ...
    Input would require an HDMI receiver and separate input jack - playbook only has an HDMI transmitter. But in this case he seems to be wanting analog input anyway which for sure is not there..but I'm sure there is a way to get it to some laptop or small desktop and remote view it.
    11-23-11 04:33 AM
    I was wondering this myself. I have a nikon D700 w/ HDMI out and I'd love to tether my playbook to the camera and view my photos in realtime while shooting. They sell standalone LCDs for this purpose but they're a lot more $$$ and lack all sorts of functionality
    01-25-12 11:11 AM
    subscribed...
    01-25-12 11:20 AM
    Would be perfect if the PB could be configured to support AD-Hoc mode for the Eye-Fi card in my camera. As I shoot, the images transfer to pc and PB.

SWEEEET...................

Carl
    01-25-12 11:52 AM
    Can you mount one of the IP cams in the room with the monitor? Access it through the PB
    01-25-12 12:04 PM
    op- what ip cameras do you use that you can access on the PB? is it for commercial use or residential? i use a lot of AXIS cameras and cant access them on the PB. thanks fir the info.
    01-25-12 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD