I'm seeing something I never noticed before and it has me scratching my head. It seems that new posts eventually stop making their way into my browser. I have been reading the forums off and on all morning and i noticed that after a while no new posts were showing up. Looking to the time stamp I saw the last post was hours earlier than the current time, as if people had quit posting.

Clearing the cache, history, and local storage in the browser and then refreshing had all the posts then listed. I would blame the browser but I have been a Crackberry reader for years and never noticed this behavior before the new interface.

Any thoughts? Anyone else notice this? I'm using the native browser by the way.
    10-07-12 01:08 PM
    I noticed it as well. I logged out of the site and logged in again and it fixed it temporarily but it's back to not refreshing.
    The search link from the CB app acts this way as well.
    10-07-12 03:00 PM
    It just happened again... sort of. Was looking at the page on this site where I posted and it showed that someone had replied but when I clicked on the link it didn't show any answer. Refreshing the page showed the response. Very weird behavior.
    10-07-12 03:17 PM
    Everyone's watching football.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-07-12 03:57 PM
    I'm seeing something I never noticed before and it has me scratching my head. It seems that new posts eventually stop making their way into my browser. I have been reading the forums off and on all morning and i noticed that after a while no new posts were showing up. Looking to the time stamp I saw the last post was hours earlier than the current time, as if people had quit posting.

Clearing the cache, history, and local storage in the browser and then refreshing had all the posts then listed. I would blame the browser but I have been a Crackberry reader for years and never noticed this behavior before the new interface.

Any thoughts? Anyone else notice this? I'm using the native browser by the way.
    You have to do a battery pull on your computer when experiencing problems on the CB site Sorry couldn't resist!
    julianrt and madman0141 like this.
    10-07-12 05:06 PM
    You have to do a battery pull on your computer when experiencing problems on the CB site Sorry couldn't resist!
    And hold down ctrl shift and delete while pulling the battery out of the desktop. Do this like 10-15 times and all will be good again.
    10-07-12 05:16 PM
    Well actually... I'm talking about Crackberry on my Playbook. I haven't checked the forums on my PC yet. Hmmm, I wonder...
    10-07-12 07:28 PM
    I have noticed some weird stuff too.
    - Threads/Posts missing, but then returning.
    - Issues with the time on some posts (posts from the future?)
    - Notification pages not found
    - Threads remaining bold even after they have been read

Crackberry must still be working some bugs out of their new forum.
    10-08-12 10:50 AM
    Ok, just checked this on my PC (where I'm posting now). When I opened the Crackberry site and clicked on the "Playbook" thread, the first post I saw was this one from 10:50 a.m.

I went to the Playbook, which was in it's charger, no browser running. I opened it and went to the Crackberry site, clicked on the "Playbook" thread (same steps as my PC) and the 10:50 post wasn't there! The latest time stamp was from earlier (probably the time I closed the browser and put the Playbook in it's cradle.

I had to hit the refresh button on the browser and then the 10:50 post showed up. So this is only happening on my tablet and not on my PC. Can this still be a Crackberry site problem? I haven't changed any settings for the browser... this behavior just showed up after the Crackberry site remake.

I'm very confused by this as I said. I'm tempted to blame the browser but it only happens on the Crackberry site and only on the Playbook, not my PC. It's as if the browser doesn't refresh itself when I go to the site on my Playbook. And I have to keep refreshing from time to time while reading the forums on my Playbook or new posts won't show up.

Shouldn't the browser refresh when I click on a new page as it does on my PC?
    10-08-12 11:02 AM
    I agree. I thought it was originally something with my browser but other forums are not exhibiting this behavior and it only started after CB was updated. I now have to refresh it after initially loading CB to actually bring the current threads to the top. Strange.
    bobj66 likes this.
    10-08-12 12:38 PM
    I agree. I thought it was originally something with my browser but other forums are not exhibiting this behavior and it only started after CB was updated. I now have to refresh it after initially loading CB to actually bring the current threads to the top. Strange.
    Thank you! I was starting to second guess myself on this one. I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    10-08-12 12:44 PM
    Most likey an issue with the new forum engine. It probably wasn't coded to include the PB browser and is confused by it. I'm at my pc typing this and see a whole bunch of posts that won't show up on the PB. Hopefully CB's Mod's and or Kev will catch it and look into it as it really is annoying.
    10-08-12 02:02 PM