Hi, everyone. I'm having some trouble looking up the status of my RMA today, and I'm wondering if anyone else has some insight into the difficulty I'm experiencing.

I also tried searching for this on these forums and didn't find anything, so I'm sorry if there is a thread that already addressed my issue.

Now, I returned my Playbook to RIM this past Tuesday, because it simply stopped charging.

Yesterday I was able to see that my Playbook was in fact accepted by RIM, but after entering my Playbook's S/N into https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...jsp?locale=en. it's treating my Playbook's S/N as a brand new one and is asking me if I would like to register it for free technical service for 90 days.

So I'm not sure what to think about this. Has RIM issued me a new PB, and therefore the S/N is no longer valid? Or has my technical service been cancelled out?

On checking yesterday, I saw that I had another 48 days left on it. Any help you guys can provide will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time
    02-17-12 01:29 AM
    Probably because your old one is being destroyed and the database is being purged. I imagine you will be getting a new one.

... Byt a.phone call would clear that up.
    02-17-12 04:12 AM
    Hey my playbook stopped charging from the usb, what's the number for RMA and is it different in USA and Canada?
    02-17-12 08:33 AM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805
    02-17-12 09:27 AM
    .....asking me if I would like to register it for free technical service for 90 days.

So I'm not sure what to think about this. Has RIM issued me a new PB, and therefore the S/N is no longer valid? Or has my technical service been cancelled out?
    I had similar issues. The RMA dep say they have issues with the website. If you call them, they will "reset" the counters they have - and it will let you re-register and look up your status - one time - before it closes down again... and you will have to call them again to log-in again.

It does NOT mean that the device is exchanged for a new one...

and most of the times - the turn-around is 24-48 hours. So after 2 days, call Support and talk to RMA dep - and they will be able to get some tracking number for you.
    02-17-12 09:52 AM
    Hi, everyone. I'm having some trouble looking up the status of my RMA today, and I'm wondering if anyone else has some insight into the difficulty I'm experiencing.

I also tried searching for this on these forums and didn't find anything, so I'm sorry if there is a thread that already addressed my issue.

Now, I returned my Playbook to RIM this past Tuesday, because it simply stopped charging.

Yesterday I was able to see that my Playbook was in fact accepted by RIM, but after entering my Playbook's S/N into https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...jsp?locale=en. it's treating my Playbook's S/N as a brand new one and is asking me if I would like to register it for free technical service for 90 days.

On checking yesterday, I saw that I had another 48 days left on it. Any help you guys can provide will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time
    I actually returned my PB last Wed(camera issues), accepted by RIM on thursday, verified on Tuesday. Been checking everyday since. Now when I first went to check, I didn't have access either. Turns out RIM gave me a new 90days like I'd never registered my PB. This is my second RMA with them. I bought my PB second hand off ebay last June. Registered my PB, when they sent me a replacement charger. I'm not sure how their system works but hey, use it if they give it to you. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Hoping they send it back with OS 2 on it.
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 02-17-12 at 09:57 AM.
    02-17-12 09:53 AM
    So familiar. I sent my playbook in for the exact same thing this past tuesday (also my playbook would not connect to my pc). I was told that the turnaround takes only 1 day. So it is quite possible that the old one is being replaced with a new one.
    02-17-12 11:36 AM
    Hey, thanks so much for the responses guys.

Fed-EX guy just knocked on my door, opened up the package and lo and behold it was a new Playbook.

Shame it came with one dead and really bright pixel in the top right hand corner, fortunately only visible when I'm turning it off and also came with a line of "bright dust" across the top and left side of the screen, thankfully this is only seen when turning it on.

Sent it in Tuesday, got it today. I'm impressed with the turn around. To the chagrin of Thechoc1 above, OS 2 is not installed in it. It was just like when I opened it up for the first time, and it had to connect to my Wi-fi and install 1.0.8.6067
    02-17-12 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD