When I brought my playbook a few days ago the store I brought it from (carphone warehouse) tried to persuade me to buy a ipad instead, I asked them about some of the features on the playbook and they did not know.. They told me the wrong price, they tried to persuade me to buy something else and the demo model in store was not even charged!!
    02-25-12 01:24 PM
    It has been well documented, especially the issue with demo units at some stores.
    02-25-12 01:27 PM
    Nope they don't, and honestly the bad press lately has made people skeptical of the PlayBook aka The Most Powerful Tablet in the World.

I was talking to a guy in Future Shop who was drolling over the price, but humming and hawing over buying one, and ended up demoing the PlayBook for him. The Future Shop dudes hovered around listening, but not one tried to sell it to him.

I swear, I should of gotten a commission cause he ended up getting the 64 gig, and three people at my work have now grabbed PB.
    KMB4, Chrisy and malcerie like this.
    02-25-12 02:08 PM
    Went to Best Buy here to look at the Sony Vita, on way out stopped at big PB 2.0! Station, one was active but other was very low on juice and only 1.08..., rep says, the one on the left is 2.0 I can't charge the other... I pointed out that if he swapped them he could upgrade in a few minutes. He seemed a bit put out...
    02-25-12 02:48 PM
    Well, I'd like to say that you can't blame some in retail for trying to upsell, especially if they receive commission on sales. However, there isn't really an excuse for ignorance of stock, especially if you have the presence of mind to upsell.
    02-25-12 02:52 PM
    Yeah..."sorry,dude, not in my job description." To be fair, you wouldn't believe what some people try to do with the dispatch units!

Harryl
    02-25-12 02:56 PM
    It's sad I know ... I also find myself being the unpaid salesperson many times.
    Over the years I try to keep more to myself, especially with people I know since I end up keeping sucked in as everyone's tech support person afterwards
    02-25-12 05:02 PM
    I found this as well, and can only assume the staff get more commission from ipads. Also the PBs in store were always out of juice or somehow not working properly. RIM need to keep on top of the people selling their wares as it reflects badly on their products.
    02-25-12 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD