OK. Since you got a 32, take your time. A deal will come up that is good for you. I got a feeling there are plenty around.
    Well, my bid won, I don't know if it's the one you meant, its new, unopened, I think, but its the only one that I was watching that roughly matched the time left that you listed - do you remember who the seller was? Lost a bid last night, but this is cheaper!
    03-22-13 02:58 PM
    Well, it was the second listing when I sent the link. It's gone now. New and ~215 w/15 shipping sound about right? It had no bids so when that happens I get scared that ppl are watching it and will bid it up in the final seconds. But you got it so congrats!
    03-22-13 06:51 PM
    Check this out.
    Attached Thumbnails store now telling people play book discontinued-img_00000090.jpg  
    03-22-13 08:06 PM
    Great deal but OP is in Canada. No shipping to Canada.
    03-22-13 09:52 PM
    03-22-13 10:07 PM
    I paid �123/$185US with free delivery for my NEW 64GB last October, seems I got a good price 6 months ago except my yellow tipped charger died and BB nor the retailer will sort one out ggggrrrrrrrr
    03-22-13 10:09 PM
    Cannot have mine. I am keeping it.
    03-22-13 10:11 PM
    I know that the OP lives in Canada. Just wanted to share.
    03-23-13 01:39 AM
    Well, it was the second listing when I sent the link. It's gone now. New and ~215 w/15 shipping sound about right? It had no bids so when that happens I get scared that ppl are watching it and will bid it up in the final seconds. But you got it so congrats!
    - that would be the one, NIB, so not a bad deal
    03-23-13 10:32 AM
    I know you got one already, but you could have tried amazon.ca - they still have them.
    03-23-13 03:30 PM
    I know you got one already, but you could have tried amazon.ca - they still have them.
    Amazon.com wants $260 that's just way too much !!
    03-27-13 09:18 PM
    I am now the happy owner of a NIB 64G playbook. Now, I have to decide which one to use most of the time!! Right now I'm using them both, but that's because I'm using the the 32 to look up passwords and sites (like this one). One thing I've just noticed is that the word prediction bar along the top of the virtual keyboard highlights the first word it thinks is the most likely in bright blue. I like this feature, but my 32 doesn't do this. Any ideas why?
    03-27-13 09:31 PM
    Congrats Cas' on your NIB 64gb !

"......I get scared that ppl are watching it and will bid it up in the final seconds..."

SOooooo you place a bid (the max. ya want to pay) 1-3 min. before the bidding time ends and let the ebay sys do the rest ! You won't pay more than ya wish, plus you won't get emotional and bid more beyond you're prev. figured spending amount !!!

Plus I can't figure out why people bid continually thru the entire bidding period as long as one person bids it stays open .... people don't know how to 'do' ebay auctions (or at a live 'un !!!) ... imho

nite.
    03-27-13 11:11 PM
    Hello there Canadians!

tigerdirect.ca

64GB 252$ + tx

A 40$ off deal ended yesterday... I had mine for 212$

I hope seller is reliable and I don't get a returned unit... shipping is quick, the unit left the US within 8 or 10 hours and was in Ontario in the following hours. Can't wait to receive it.

I kind of felt I had to rush this purchase. I don't shop on ebay, for the fear of being fooled by a fraud seller. The PBs are getting rare guys. Devices you can't get from your corner store in electronics are an issue to ponder. Worrying.

Felt like posting this seller could be useful for others. Not all of us live near the border...
    03-28-13 12:10 AM
    Congrats Cas' on your NIB 64gb !

"......I get scared that ppl are watching it and will bid it up in the final seconds..."

SOooooo you place a bid (the max. ya want to pay) 1-3 min. before the bidding time ends and let the ebay sys do the rest ! You won't pay more than ya wish, plus you won't get emotional and bid more beyond you're prev. figured spending amount !!!

Plus I can't figure out why people bid continually thru the entire bidding period as long as one person bids it stays open .... people don't know how to 'do' ebay auctions (or at a live 'un !!!) ... imho nite.
    Ebay can be much like gambling/betting, that's why you get people who constantly bid. I decide my absolute max, watch the bids and put in that max in the last 30 seconds. That way you either won or you didn't - with less chance of getting caught up in an emotional bid war.
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-28-13 11:40 AM
    Hello there Canadians!

tigerdirect.ca

64GB 252$ + tx

A 40$ off deal ended yesterday... I had mine for 212$

I hope seller is reliable and I don't get a returned unit... shipping is quick, the unit left the US within 8 or 10 hours and was in Ontario in the following hours. Can't wait to receive it.

I kind of felt I had to rush this purchase. I don't shop on ebay, for the fear of being fooled by a fraud seller. The PBs are getting rare guys. Devices you can't get from your corner store in electronics are an issue to ponder. Worrying.

Felt like posting this seller could be useful for others. Not all of us live near the border...
    What was the shipping costs? Also, was there an 'environmental fee'?
    03-28-13 11:42 AM
    What was the shipping costs? Also, was there an 'environmental fee'?
    40$ rebate comes in the form of a mailed prepaid credit card, which is ok. It can be quickly used on gas for example.
    Shipping cost: 11.37$ - Not bad, I've seen much worst.
    Eco-fee: 1.65$ - I don't mind.

So around 225$ (plus taxes) for having a spare 64GB PB at no risk (first time with tigerdirect.ca but I trust it's fine) and especially considering they're getting rare... Ok with me.

I normally order from Amazon.ca, Futureshop.ca, BestBuy.ca, TheSource.ca, Costco.ca... Couldn't find a 64GB anywhere. Kind of a relief when someone mentioned tigerdirect.ca, which I'd never heard of.

edit: Of course you have to add 40$ now to the cost. I imagine one could find better deals, in fact I just noticed that Amazon sells for 260$ (why didn't I notice at first that Amazon still carry them? ). Kif kif with tigerdirect or almost... Well, I guess PB buyers will have to wait for deals now in order to pay less. But the rarer the devices get, the more expensive they will go for, it's basic market economy.
    Last edited by purple_bb; 03-28-13 at 03:19 PM.
    03-28-13 03:06 PM
    The Playbook sells well in the UK
    With the result that official accessories are obscenely priced.
    03-28-13 03:21 PM
    I glad we were able to buy 'bricks'n mortar' so Iwas able to chk for the 'baby bump' and scratched edges previous to paying or leaving the store.
    03-28-13 03:39 PM
    40$ rebate comes in the form of a mailed prepaid credit card, which is ok. It can be quickly used on gas for example.
    Shipping cost: 11.37$ - Not bad, I've seen much worst.
    Eco-fee: 1.65$ - I don't mind.

So around 225$ (plus taxes) for having a spare 64GB PB at no risk (first time with tigerdirect.ca but I trust it's fine) and especially considering they're getting rare... Ok with me.

I normally order from Amazon.ca, Futureshop.ca, BestBuy.ca, TheSource.ca, Costco.ca... Couldn't find a 64GB anywhere. Kind of a relief when someone mentioned tigerdirect.ca, which I'd never heard of.

edit: Of course you have to add 40$ now to the cost. I imagine one could find better deals, in fact I just noticed that Amazon sells for 260$ (why didn't I notice at first that Amazon still carry them? ). Kif kif with tigerdirect or almost... Well, I guess PB buyers will have to wait for deals now in order to pay less. But the rarer the devices get, the more expensive they will go for, it's basic market economy.
    Amazon.ca does not have them and Amazon (U.S.) will block your purchase so you cannot order from them, so forget about Amazon.
    BTW: Mine was NIB for $227 and no tax.
    03-28-13 10:50 PM
    The Playbook sells well in the UK
    So does that mean they are still being produced?
    03-28-13 10:56 PM
    So does that mean they are still being produced?
    I believe other than the LTE models (cellular enabled) they are NOT being produced anymore. The existing stock is being sold off. Unless they have a tinkerer assembling spare parts in a basement lab in Waterloo, no more pb's are being assembled - ages ago, the assembler in China or thereabouts moved on to other products.
    03-29-13 12:22 AM
    Amazon.ca does not have them and Amazon (U.S.) will block your purchase so you cannot order from them, so forget about Amazon.
    BTW: Mine was NIB for $227 and no tax.
    I tried the screenshot here but my PB didn't insert the Amazon page photo. :?

Well here's the link:

BlackBerry 64GB PlayBook Tablet with Wi-Fi: Amazon.ca: Electronics

It's the 64 GB and it says in stock.

Same with 32 GB. Both are eligible for free shipping.

(btw I own a business so I don't mind the taxes. All in all we paid the same . )

What does NIB mean anyway?
    03-29-13 07:39 AM
    I believe other than the LTE models (cellular enabled) they are NOT being produced anymore. The existing stock is being sold off. Unless they have a tinkerer assembling spare parts in a basement lab in Waterloo, no more pb's are being assembled - ages ago, the assembler in China or thereabouts moved on to other products.
    Why would they go on with the production of the LTE models then? In order to respect a schedule, contracts? Only to end it too when the last PB they contracted to get produced is out of the plant?
    03-29-13 07:45 AM
    Answer this if BlackBerry was going to quite making them, why would they put the WiFi version back on there web site. Before they had the LTE version on there.
    03-29-13 07:51 AM
103 ... 2345