Playbook maybe me gone for now, but will be updated to BB10 OS and a new Playbook/Tablet will be out this year I almost guarantee it.
    What would that mean for we who have PBs already? - are we going to become like iPad owners and therefore slaves to 'getting the newest one out' every year?
    03-21-13 01:19 PM
    Are you in Canada, was it from the US and was it used?? Thx
    03-21-13 01:19 PM
    @castoridae correct hence the advice to sign up to a parcel pickup service in across the border in the US... then take a drive when you're ready to do some shopping... there's probably duties if you declare on your way back but you shouldn't get hit with larger shipping.

Several of our guys do this as the storage costs for the mom&pop versions of these are pretty low..

~Steph
    03-21-13 01:31 PM
    @castoridae correct hence the advice to sign up to a parcel pickup service in across the border in the US... then take a drive when you're ready to do some shopping... there's probably duties if you declare on your way back but you shouldn't get hit with larger shipping.

Several of our guys do this as the storage costs for the mom&pop versions of these are pretty low..

~Steph
    I think eBay with someone in Canada is the better choice.
    03-21-13 02:16 PM
    y I don't disagree... they've already got it in CA so much less complexity.

...just worth knowing these things exist for the future!

~Steph
    03-21-13 02:44 PM
    Ok, so there are some used one with the old june 2011 release date. My question is, if you buy one of the early ones, how do you get email, and other features?
    03-21-13 03:33 PM
    What would that mean for we who have PBs already? - are we going to become like iPad owners and therefore slaves to 'getting the newest one out' every year?
    Does someone from Apple come to your home with guns and then forces you at gunpoint to buy every new ipad? If that's the case then yes... but I highly doubt it. No one is a slave to anything. If you work and make decent paper, you have the right to do whatever you want with it. The thing about people must having the latest Ipad or phone is all about status within their herds. If you bought the brand new ipad and a week later another newer one came out, that week old pad would make you look like a poor slob in those circles even though it's new as well.

Electronics have become a status symbol like SUV's were. All the mommies wanted an SUV because it showed their status in society. Iphones and pads were the same thing, then BBRY and Windows came along...... The thing Apple has going for it right now is that it was the first and people got used to it, and people don't like change. Look how many people are still using 3.5 inch screens and it took years for Apple to get up to 4 inches. 4 inches and higher have been around forever, but the devices they are on aren't familiar with people, therefore for right now, Apple wins. Tides are changing though... unless they come out with a 4.5-5 incher padlike device that can make calls....
    03-21-13 03:43 PM
    If I was you, I would get a post office box at some were like the UPS store in Buffalo and buy one from Amazon and drive down and pick it up. It's up to you if you want declare it.
    03-21-13 03:46 PM
    Ok, so there are some used one with the old june 2011 release date. My question is, if you buy one of the early ones, how do you get email, and other features?
    The hardware is the same for all wifi PlayBooks. The email and other additions all came in an OS update. When you update the OS all the features will be there. Well, all the features everyone else has.
    castoridae likes this.
    03-21-13 03:53 PM
    The hardware is the same for all wifi PlayBooks. The email and other additions all came in an OS update. When you update the OS all the features will be there. Well, all the features everyone else has.
    Good qualifier!
    castoridae likes this.
    03-21-13 04:14 PM
    If I was you, I would get a post office box at some were like the UPS store in Buffalo and buy one from Amazon and drive down and pick it up. It's up to you if you want declare it.
    The cost in time and gas, if I had car would maybe mean I break even from getting on from a Canadian. Seller. One guy offers free shipping
    03-21-13 05:13 PM
    Thanks so much. I only have a 32gig newer one so I didn't know and the email and calendar are excellent for me.
    03-21-13 05:21 PM
    Does someone from Apple come to your home with guns and then forces you at gunpoint to buy every new ipad?.
    I hear you, but with apple people cannot get their old models upgraded via. Download, so faster, more gbs, etc is what drives many of them, while we sit back and smile because we got so much from the very start. I think apple is nasty to its fans for this reason, not to just mindlessly chase the new thing out -
    I don't even think about that group at all.
    Last edited by castoridae; 03-21-13 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
    purple_bb likes this.
    03-21-13 05:27 PM
    Ok, so I found a used one for sale. Can someone please let me know what Recovery partition not in tact" means? It says that the recovery partition is a section of the HDD that has been separated at the factory. This section contains an image of the computer as it was originally configured. It can be used to restore the computer to its factory condition, or repair the operating system. If the partition is not in tact, it will not affect the daily performance of the unit."
    I have no idea what this means. thx for any information
    03-21-13 09:14 PM
    The PB doesn't have a HDD(hard disk drive). If that is what the ad is saying then keep looking.
    03-21-13 10:51 PM
    Have you looked at local ads like craigslist?
    03-21-13 10:59 PM
    Yes, but Best Buy was consulting the Mayan Calendar.
    Hasn't Best Buy Canada closed their doors? Or just some locations? No wonder they aren't stocking much...
    I too LOVE my playbook, and want a new 32 or 64 wifi playbook.

From Z to U via CB10
    03-21-13 11:03 PM
    Do you not know anyone in the US? you can order it and ship to them and have them ship to you fed-ex ,etc. ? I've done it more than a few times for friends.
    Just a thought .....

I am all about pissing off customs officials from any country.
    Disclaimer.....I do not condone/nor suggest anyone else attempt similar actions as I do so with full knowledge I may have to run from those pesky Mounties or CBP...
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-22-13 06:05 AM
    There are a couple I'd look at on eBay Canada. There is a used, in "great" condition. Ask the seller about condition. If you case it, you probably couldn't tell any blemishes. There is an auction with no bids for a new that closes in 6 hr. Keep an eye on that or make a bid:
    playbook 64 | eBay
    03-22-13 07:19 AM
    The PB doesn't have a HDD(hard disk drive). If that is what the ad is saying then keep looking.
    Hi Chad, No, I did a cut and paste above so you can see exactly what it said - the recovery section is partioned - separated at the factory, but will not effect the daily performance of the unit . Read the info I included above and pls let me know if you know what it means because I'm thinking of buying one of the 10 he has and 4 are sold already
    03-22-13 09:17 AM
    Hi Chad, No, I did a cut and paste above so you can see exactly what it said - the recovery section is partioned - separated at the factory, but will not effect the daily performance of the unit . Read the info I included above and pls let me know if you know what it means because I'm thinking of buying one of the 10 he has and 4 are sold already
    The partitioned hard drive doesn't apply to the PlayBook so that's why I would be suspicious of that seller. The PB has flash memory not a disk drive.

That info applies to PC's with a hard disk drive(HDD). They put a partition, like a wall, to keep a separate good copy of the OS in case of corruption.
    I suppose you could ask the seller for clarification but if they don't care enough to post an accurate ad I wouldn't do business with them.
    03-22-13 09:44 AM
    The partitioned hard drive doesn't apply to the PlayBook so that's why I would be suspicious of that seller. The PB has flash memory not a disk drive.

That info applies to PC's with a hard disk drive(HDD). They put a partition, like a wall, to keep a separate good copy of the OS in case of corruption.
    I suppose you could ask the seller for clarification but if they don't care enough to post an accurate ad I wouldn't do business with them.
    He sell lots of electronics, tvs etc, so I may have read that info and it was for another product. I need to clarify with the guy. Thx
    03-22-13 12:07 PM
    [QUOTE=Chaddface;8170766]The partitioned hard drive doesn't apply to the PlayBook so that's why I would be suspicious of that seller. The PB has flash memory not a disk drive.

Ok, I asked and that info shouldn't be there for this item.
    03-22-13 01:01 PM
    There are a couple I'd look at on eBay Canada. There is a used, in "great" condition. Ask the seller about condition. If you case it, you probably couldn't tell any blemishes. There is an auction with no bids for a new that closes in 6 hr. Keep an eye on that or make a bid:
    playbook 64 | eBay
    Yep, I got my eye on a few of them.
    03-22-13 01:11 PM
    OK. Since you got a 32, take your time. A deal will come up that is good for you. I got a feeling there are plenty around.
    03-22-13 02:13 PM
103 12345