Amazon has the 64GB for $228.00 US for the WiFi version. Will they ship to Canada?
    Where are you seeing this - my Amazon acct shows $259 for lowest - ?
    03-20-13 03:27 PM
    I bought mine from Rakuten.com
    ordered it refurbished from seller TechTurnLTD, it was $113 and some change with shipping
    i ordered 16 gig, received 32 gig brand F'n new! i was verrry surprised it was brand new, but it makes sense, all the stores that had them in stock cleared their inventory without selling them off. so somewhere, is a warehouse full of brand new unsold playbooks.
    Im thinking about buying another one to have as a back up in case this one gets stolen, i think playbook is worth it.
    You were lucky!
    03-20-13 03:28 PM
    the 64Gb is now $215.00
    Attached Thumbnails store now telling people play book discontinued-img_00000089.jpg  
    03-20-13 09:30 PM
    I work at a source store and they were not recalled. They were simply discontinued because stock dried up. Trust me when u say no recalls were required to empty our shelves. I still have customers coming in asking for them.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 09:32 PM
    Poorly marketed, if they launched with OS2 and Z10 with no wifi and only bridge to BB servers and people could not run up massive bills using their carrier direct connection to surf the WWW BB would have cleaned up big time!

Unlimited data = more BB and PB sales and Apple would have been crying in a year.
    03-20-13 09:51 PM
    The 64GB is the one to get... the differential on Amazon between the 64 and 16 is about $15! Camelizer indicates price will probably stay around this level until the stock starts to dry up properly.

BlackBerry Playbook 64GB $215 on Amazon

store now telling people play book discontinued-amazon-pb-camelizer.jpg

Had to buy a virgin one recently for testing... now I'm excited to seeBB10 on it..eventually.

~Steph
    03-20-13 11:29 PM
    The OP is in Canada, so some of these Amazon deals may not be available or have very expensive international shipping.
    03-21-13 07:18 AM
    The 64GB is the one to get... the differential on Amazon between the 64 and 16 is about $15! Camelizer indicates price will probably stay around this level until the stock starts to dry up properly.

BlackBerry Playbook 64GB $215 on Amazon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazon pb camelizer.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	142699

Had to buy a virgin one recently for testing... now I'm excited to seeBB10 on it..eventually.

~Steph
    Just tried this - won't ship this product to Canada and must provide a U.S. Address, so I got blocked at the last step.
    03-21-13 10:42 AM
    @Rob you're right of course... luckily there will be Parcel Pickup locations just across the border from Toronto if there aren't already.

It's a big growth area here in the US with Amazon Lockers springing up all over, Google buying Bufferbox... on a smaller scale when we send stuff over to the crew in Winnepeg we send it to: Pembina Parcel Pickup | Cross Border Shopping | Mike's Parcel Pickup I gotta believe there's a place like Mike's just across the border from Toronto...

~Steph
    castoridae likes this.
    03-21-13 10:42 AM
    @castoridae try finding a parcel pickup service... I promise it's not uncommon, we use one near Winnepeg (see previous post) there's got to be one near Toronto.

Basically if you have an address near the CA border in the US you can run a tidy business as a shipping address for US deliveries destined for Canadian homes owing to cross border pricing and shipping differentials.

~Steph
    castoridae likes this.
    03-21-13 10:45 AM
    What are people calling the wifi version? Also, if buy used, how do you know if the operating system is the old one w/no native email, or the 2.1 version for the 64GB?
    03-21-13 10:45 AM
    What are people calling the wifi version? Also, if buy used, how do you know if the operating system is the old one w/no native email, or the 2.1 version for the 64GB?
    Does it matter? If it is the old version(quite unlikely I'd have thought) you can do an update to bring it up to the current version... can't you?
    03-21-13 10:49 AM
    Wow! I just signed up to Bufferbox - waiting for confirmation. They are located all over Toronto with one area I'm in all the time! Greatest news - first shipment is free !! Thank you so, so much
    03-21-13 11:00 AM
    I'm at Dufferin Mall . Went to Best buy and Source looking to price a PB64. They both told me it was discontinued. I pressed them both & asked - at your store, your location, what? BestBuy was worst, took several attempts to clarify that the company is no longer carrying PB. Source told me they were all recalled and they said BB were going to stop making them. When I emphatically told sales person that was untrue, she said that is what they have heard. So rumouring not making & so not selling them anymore.
    Where do I shop for a good deal on one, as I love my 32 and now looking for a 64
    Amazon.com
    They are always available.
    03-21-13 11:06 AM
    Does it matter? If it is the old version(quite unlikely I'd have thought) you can do an update to bring it up to the current version... can't you?
    I honestly don't know - Would you just do it thru update and that would give you the OS2? What about the native email. - would that download? I only have the 32gig with these, so I don't know. Also what do people mean by 'the wifi'. Version?
    03-21-13 11:07 AM
    03-21-13 11:07 AM
    Wow! I just signed up to Bufferbox - waiting for confirmation. They are located all over Toronto with one area I'm in all the time! Greatest news - first shipment is free !! Thank you so, so much
    How do they deal with the duty or sales tax? I assume if they bring it into Canada, they must collect the tax.
    03-21-13 11:19 AM
    I honestly don't know - Would you just do it thru update and that would give you the OS2? What about the native email. - would that download? I only have the 32gig with these, so I don't know. Also what do people mean by 'the wifi'. Version?
    You will be able to update to the latest version of the OS. It doesn't matter what OS version the PB ships with.
    There are two different versions of the PB available. One is a wifi only and the other (PB4G)has cellular capabilities in addition to wifi.
    03-21-13 12:00 PM
    @Rob you're right of course... luckily there will be Parcel Pickup locations just across the border from Toronto if there aren't already.

It's a big growth area here in the US with Amazon Lockers springing up all over, Google buying Bufferbox... on a smaller scale when we send stuff over to the crew in Winnepeg we send it to: Pembina Parcel Pickup | Cross Border Shopping | Mike's Parcel Pickup I gotta believe there's a place like Mike's just across the border from Toronto...

~Steph
    Wait - It looks like bufferbox address is in Canada, so still won't work as I need a U.S. address?
    03-21-13 12:02 PM
    You will be able to update to the latest version of the OS. It doesn't matter what OS version the PB ships with.
    There are two different versions of the PB available. One is a wifi only and the other (PB4G)has cellular capabilities in addition to wifi.
    How do I know what I have now? Sorry, to sound so lame, but I didn't think about cellphone capable BPs. This site is creating a monster in me
    03-21-13 12:30 PM
    In the main settings/about/general shows the OS version.
    03-21-13 12:59 PM
    Amazon=everything you'll ever need or want...

Amazon.com: blackberry playbook: MP3 Downloads
    03-21-13 01:04 PM
    Playbook maybe me gone for now, but will be updated to BB10 OS and a new Playbook/Tablet will be out this year I almost guarantee it.
    03-21-13 01:05 PM
    Amazon=everything you'll ever need or want...

Amazon.com: blackberry playbook: MP3 Downloads
    Ok, so first the Amazon.com won't ship this product new to me. It says there is a problem with my address and I have to change it. There might be duty chgs even if they did. If it works for 2nd hand mdse, I don't know if duty will charge me or if item is truly ok.
    03-21-13 01:15 PM
    I got my 64GB off eBay for $225.
    03-21-13 01:16 PM
103 1234 ...