Due to the problems amoung Storage on the PB, I was browsing a bit and discovered something rather unusual.

I connected my PB for the first time to my PC, ripped a movie, copied it on my PB, watched it, then removed it again. Nothing special there, just fooling around.

However I deleted the movie from my PC inside windows explorer. I know many storage devices have their own Bin, and deleted files go inside the ''hidden'' Bin on the storage device itself, instead of the bin on the PC.

So I clicked ''Clear Bin'', and I expected just 1 file (the movie) to be there, but to my surprise there were 20 files there! Taking up space on the PB which was unecessairy and useless. Rebooting doesn't seem to delete those items as I rebooted it today even before i put the movie on there (beware the movie was just 1 file).

So if you're wondering ''where did my space go?!'' just give this one a shot and it might help.
    01-25-12 10:38 AM
    Where did you find "clear bin" please?
    01-25-12 10:57 AM
    Where did you find "clear bin" please?
    Inside Windows Explorer, Computer > Z:\ (or another letter, my PC decided it to be Z)

Right mouse click inside the map and then ''Clean Bin'' or something simmilar (not sure since my Windows isn't set to English).
    01-25-12 11:03 AM
    Inside Windows Explorer, Computer > Z:\ (or another letter, my PC decided it to be Z)

Right mouse click inside the map and then ''Clean Bin'' or something simmilar (not sure since my Windows isn't set to English).
    Nope, nothing like that on mine...
    (maybe my "bin" isn't dirty LOLOLOL)
    01-25-12 11:07 AM
    There should be an Icon next to the option aswell displaying a Bin simmilar to the one on your desktop.
    01-25-12 11:09 AM
    very handy - can you screenshot please?
    01-25-12 11:12 AM
    Nothing like that on mine either. Screeshots would be very appreciated.
    01-25-12 11:27 AM
    Notta here for that .. Win7 U x64 on Windows 2008 Domain..
    01-25-12 11:33 AM
    Here are some screenies :

Once you connect your PB, it will show up like this in the map ''Computer'', much like your phone would do, but your PB seems to be a Networklocation, not sure why, but you can still browse it like normal.

When inside the directory, right click it and if you've ever deleted an item on your playbook, or through the directory, the ''clean bin'' ''clear garbage bin'' or something simmilar should be highlighted (i've edited a box around the option). Note that mine is NOT highlighted, because I clicked it already.

This should then permanently remove all the ''deleted'' items from your PB.

EDIT : Oh... you seem to have aquired my PIN :P Oh well.. not like it's very important on the PB.
    01-25-12 11:45 AM
    Hmm, strange, mine doesn't have that option either. And I know I've deleted stuff using Windows Exploder before too. Actually, just an hour ago.
    01-25-12 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD