Hi there, if anyone has any ideas on how to find the serial number of my playbook, please let me know... I had it synced to my PC and bridged to my blackberry, also had splash app on my playbook that allowed me to access my PC, so maybe its stored somewhere... any help/ideas would be appreciated... My cousin gave me they playbook a few weeks ago and hopefully he will come through with the box or receipt, but I am impatient lol and until I hear from him I'm trying to find other ways to retrieve the serial. My playbook was stolen today from the beach, right out of my sons stroller!!I called RIM and they can block the playbook with the serial so that it becomes useless to the jerks who stole it and then hopefully they will see my kijiji ads and get it returned to me, even if they put it in the trash, just knowing they can't use it will make me happy....... *fingers crossed*

Also, the super nice gentlemen I connected with via Kijiji who had his playbook stolen and then returned after having it locked said the following: "I didn't have the serial number when I called playbook support. What I did have though was the blackberry desktop software on my laptop, where the playbook PIN is stored, even though the playbook is not connected. With the PIN, my BB ID (email address) and registration contact info, RIM was satisfied, provided me with the serial number and locked the playbook."

I'm not finding the pin or any direction on how to find it, Clearly I'm impatient waiting to hear from my cousin, so if someone could help me find the pin it would be great!

let me know if there are any other identifiers that could help find it....

any ideas on how to maybe get the serial number remotely would be very helpful, I'm good with computers so any suggestions could help

I really wanna just get this playbook locked!
    Last edited by canniiee; 01-05-16 at 08:37 AM. Reason: updated link
    06-14-12 11:49 PM
    Hi there, if anyone has any ideas on how to find the serial number of my playbook, please let me know... I had it synced to my PC and bridged to my blackberry, also had splash app on my playbook that allowed me to access my PC, so maybe its stored somewhere... any help/ideas would be appreciated... My cousin gave me they playbook a few weeks ago and hopefully he will come through with the box or receipt, but I am impatient lol and until I hear from him I'm trying to find other ways to retrieve the serial. My playbook was stolen today from the beach, right out of my sons stroller!!I called RIM and they can block the playbook with the serial so that it becomes useless to the jerks who stole it and then hopefully they will see my kijiji ads and get it returned to me, even if they put it in the trash, just knowing they can't use it will make me happy....... *fingers crossed*

Also, the super nice gentlemen I connected with via Kijiji who had his playbook stolen and then returned after having it locked said the following: "I didn't have the serial number when I called playbook support. What I did have though was the blackberry desktop software on my laptop, where the playbook PIN is stored, even though the playbook is not connected. With the PIN, my BB ID (email address) and registration contact info, RIM was satisfied, provided me with the serial number and locked the playbook."

I'm not finding the pin or any direction on how to find it, Clearly I'm impatient waiting to hear from my cousin, so if someone could help me find the pin it would be great!

Here is the ad I put on Kijiji, I put the same one on used Ottawa as well: REWARD - LOST BLACKBERRY 64GB PLAYBOOK - Gatineau Lost & Found - Kijiji Gatineau Canada.

let me know if there are any other identifiers that could help find it....

any ideas on how to maybe get the serial number remotely would be very helpful, I'm good with computers so any suggestions could help

https://www.facebook.com/eskiipoo my facebook, another way to get a hold of me if needed.

I really wanna just get this playbook locked!

Thank you in advance,

Christine
    If you open desktop manager and click on the device menu and click on your Playbooks entry it shows the pin
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 06-15-12 at 12:36 AM.
    06-15-12 12:23 AM
    Open Blackberry Desktop Software. It should show on the home screen.
    06-15-12 12:35 AM
    Open Blackberry Desktop Software. It should show on the home screen.
    Unless you last had your phone hooked up, not your pb. Then you have to choose it under the device menu
    06-15-12 12:40 AM
    I had is synced with my PC and had splash installed, I'm trying to at least find the pin, but for whatever reason the desktop software is not on my laptop or PC which I don't understand since we've synced it with both, I'm hoping that the pin at least is somewhere, maybe registry or something, it was also added to my wifi so maybe something could be there? I have it bridged to my bb as well so the pin should be somewhere in my bb, right? When I open the device manager I see the playbook software installed.. man I just want it locked so the thief can't use it Did I mention they stole it out of a stroller! pfft

Really appreciate all the replies!
    06-15-12 12:53 AM
    I thought that you can change your BlackBerry ID password on BlackBerry website? Your BlackBerry I'D is the email you used to setup your PlayBook. Not Serial number. This password could be different from password used to access email.
    This should shut off App purchases, and eliminate possibility you put password somewhere it could be found.
    Thankfully your PlayBook is the most secure Tablet, as determined by US Government.
    06-15-12 01:24 AM
    I did change my BBID password, was first thing I did, as my cc info is linked. Is there anyway to find the pin of devices linked to my BBID? I logged into my BBID on the web but could not find anything...
    06-15-12 02:05 AM
    Log into BlackBerry AppWorld (BlackBerry App World) and select Available Devices to view the PIN associated with each device. Contact BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support and have them block your BlackBerry PlayBook.
    06-15-12 02:16 AM
    I found the pin!! I logged into my bbid online and got it via my world Available Devices my pin is PIN 50172B1F I read in google searches that people were able to connect to their playbook with the pin.. can anyone help?
    06-15-12 02:20 AM
    I had mine stolen in April and I had it blocked through RIM. If you get it back, you can have it unblocked, but, you should get it done sooner than later.
    06-15-12 08:10 AM
    I tried calling your pin, but, that requires them to be on the Internet and have video chat on. Good luck, if you bought it with a credit card,some cards cover mysterious disappearances for first 90 days.
    06-15-12 08:14 AM
    I found the pin!! I logged into my bbid online and got it via my world Available Devices my pin is PIN 50172B1F I read in google searches that people were able to connect to their playbook with the pin.. can anyone help?
    I tried calling as well. It appears the PB is not connected to the internet. If the scum bag sells it maybe the recipient will set it up and answer a call.
    06-15-12 08:38 AM
    Thanks for trying to call it guys, if you could keep an eye on the pin and see if it comes online it would be much appreciated!
    06-15-12 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD