When bridged I found both browsers work. I know only the bridge browser works with my 9930's email. Are they using my data differntly, or is the stock browser tethering? Just curious what others may have discovered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-12 05:24 PM
    Initially, when the pb launched the "regular" browser only worked on wifi. One of the OS updates opened Bridge, meaning, phone's access to data to other apps like the regular browser and some other apps (I think poynt and others). It seemed to have blurred the original distinction between browsers. So if you do not have wifi, both browers will use your phone's 3g and your data allowance.

(hey, folks, does Bing work on bridge now?)
    01-16-12 06:53 PM
    yes bing does work!
    01-16-12 07:40 PM
    Luckily I have unlimited data. thanks for the input. I could have sworn when I first installed Bridge it wouldn't allow the stock browser to connect. Someone must have flipped a switch, fine with me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-12 07:55 PM
    If you are tied to your company's intranet through BES, then Bridge Browser may go through that connection to grab internet/intranet. I suspect it is dependant on how your sys admins configure BES.

Since tethering became standard, I've found that most of the time when tethered and I click a link, it grabs the standard browser (and therefore grabs internet directly from Sprint). Occasionally it grabs Bridge Browser, but I always have the option of opening Bridge Browser directly (which then ALWAYS tunnels through BlackBerry/Company Intranet/Internet).

Since my company blocks sites such as youtube,.twitter, and fb, I do have to be selective when choosing which browser to flip on when thethered.
    01-16-12 08:22 PM
    Initially, when the pb launched the "regular" browser only worked on wifi. One of the OS updates opened Bridge, meaning, phone's access to data to other apps like the regular browser and some other apps (I think poynt and others). It seemed to have blurred the original distinction between browsers. So if you do not have wifi, both browers will use your phone's 3g and your data allowance.

(hey, folks, does Bing work on bridge now?)
    Yep, working alright here over Bridge.
    01-16-12 09:28 PM
    I have noticed that my on my 6mbit DSL line I get about half the speed as soon as I turn on Bridge. That is with using either browser. As soon as I disconnect Bridge, I'm back to normal speed. Why is that?
    01-16-12 09:58 PM
    Google chrome works pretty well, too.
    01-16-12 10:11 PM
    Bing is working great! No lag and getting a lot back. It appears to work as well if not a little better than google.
    01-16-12 10:16 PM
    Bing is working great! No lag and getting a lot back. It appears to work as well if not a little better than google.
    How do you use Google Maps?
    01-16-12 10:21 PM
    Google chrome works pretty well, too.
    ok... so you have chrome on your playbook how?
    01-16-12 11:11 PM
    ok... so you have chrome on your playbook how?
    Yes, I do.
    01-17-12 11:34 PM
    Yes, I do.
    Along with Skype, NetFlix and Windows 12, eh?
    01-18-12 09:44 AM
    Along with Skype, NetFlix and Windows 12, eh?
    Sorry. I guess I was mistaken. I guess I saved a bookmark or the page that said thank you for downloading instead of the browser.

And thank you so much for making fun of me.
    01-19-12 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD