After seeing what is coming with 10 I almost don't care about 2.1. I'm operating faux 2.1 now and it's not leaps and bounds ahead and will lead to a lot of disappointment after all of this useless hype. It's almost Apple-like. Chill the PB is cool as is, you're just bored.
    Last edited by reschp; 09-25-12 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Sp
    09-25-12 06:41 PM
    After seeing what is coming with 10 I almost don't care about 2.1. I'm operating faux 2.1 now and it's not leaps and bounds ahead and will lead to a lot of disappointment after all of this useless hype. It's almost Apple-like. Chill the PB is cool as is, you're just bored.
    Have to agree. 2.1 is good and all (at least from my experience with the Beta) and there are things I wanted and will use, and other things that I won't use but I know people would like to see. However, after seeing BB10 and imagining it on my PB and on my first BB phone, 2.1 isn't that amazing. Now when 2.1 comes out, it will be cool but business as usual, but when BB10 comes out... well all heck (other word is not allowed apparently) could break loose and I will be sitting in the middle of it glue to the PB and have no idea what is happening around me.
    09-25-12 07:25 PM
    I figured it was a one in three chance of getting anything today. I have three PBs, one running .358, one with .668 and one 2.1 beta. Thus far only the beta has received the 1mb update.
    I got the 1 mb update running. 358
    09-25-12 07:59 PM
    I'm pretty happy with the Beta. What I want is Bridge 2.1 so that I can use SMS on my Playbook.

I get weak cell reception in my basement, but it is good on my first floor where I charge my phone. I'd love to be able to dock the phone when I get home, grab the PB and head down to the basement and text without doing the magical wave in the air to get enough reception to send the message...and no I don't live in the basement, it's just my evening oasis.

I would be happy even with a beta Bridge 2.1 as long as I could text on my PB.
    09-25-12 08:46 PM
    ...and no I don't live in the basement, it's just my evening oasis.
    yea, we call it the "MAN CAVE" lol or you still live with mommy in which case it doesn't count as the man cave...we call it the "dungeon" lmao
    ralfyguy likes this.
    09-25-12 09:14 PM
    There are only so many episodes of Private Practice and such that a man can watch before he needs to go watch things blow up and people get killed in novel ways....

Definitely my man cave.
    09-25-12 09:37 PM
    To those whining about yet another thread reference no OS2.1 yet: How many PB owners are not aware of OS2.1? I would guess 3. That is about .009% of PB owners so I think we are allowed a few threads on the lack of OS2.1.
    09-25-12 11:34 PM
    Looking forward to bb10, and be in line when it comes out. But all I'm looking for now is 2.1, every update brings it one step closer.
    09-26-12 01:33 AM
    BB Jam Americas Program :

BlackBerry Jam Americas, 25th-27th September 2012 | Lanyrd

NOTHING ABOUT PLAYBOOK
    09-26-12 07:22 AM
    BB Jam Americas Program :

NOTHING ABOUT PLAYBOOK
    I'm not sure why that should surprise anyone.

This whole JAM event is designed to project the "future" and RIM's continued relevance in that future with BB10.

For good or ill, Playbook represents the past and I don't expect anyone on that stage to even mention it except in passing. Similarly, I doubt there'll be anything said about OS7 either even though those are the only BB devices you can buy currently.

If 2.1 for PB is finally released, it'll just happen. There might be a noise about it on the CB forums, but I don't expect any fanfare about it coming from speakers on the JAM stage.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 09-26-12 at 08:17 AM.
    Barljo, FF22, baldanders and 1 others like this.
    09-26-12 08:05 AM
    So here we are. Rumours built up, "there's sign's that 2.1 could be released", hype, excitement, and a plan for a night session developed.

Nothing came. No mentioned in JAM session.

Now some really waited for that release, few are even frustrated now that RIM did not. Which was to be expected in case of no release. Had RIM announced anything tiny about 2.1 officially? No. We just interpreted signs.

Interesting is the ratio ... While only 3 or 4 people gave input about that somethin's gonna happen

yunvi
    BB-Bmore
    (somehow howarmat)
    ad19 - but he very clearly marked his information as roumor

a lot more build real hopes or excitement (some now frustrated), like

m_daly2202
    hasib123
    Kandoo-BB
    Mkaa00x
    rupam95
    easydoesit99
    ma678
    madman0141
    timmy t
    F2
    Chaplain_Clancy
    Chrysalis1156
    nkuza
    greatwiseone
    ... only a quick look.

At least it's entertaining, but I dunno. Marking rumours as rumours and Speculation in future and at each such post would be helpful.

For me I don't care. I can usually control my expectations.

Ray
    madman0141 likes this.
    09-26-12 09:43 AM
    truthfully does anyone even know the full detail on 2.1 or it is just basically a more polish 2.1 beta?

unless its a game changer like 1.0 to 2.0, i don't know why people care so much, unless the PB is so buggy you need an update to fix it.
    09-26-12 09:46 AM
    I received an update notice. I was running on the beta. It is now in 2.1...560.
    09-26-12 10:10 AM
    So here we are. Rumours built up, "there's sign's that 2.1 could be released", hype, excitement, and a plan for a night session developed.

Now some really waited for that release, few are even frustrated now that RIM did not. Which was to be expected in case of no release. Had RIM announced anything tiny about 2.1 officially? No. We just interpreted signs.

Interesting is the ratio ... While only 3 or 4 people gave input about that somethin's gonna happen

yunvi
    BB-Bmore
    (somehow howarmat)

m_daly2202
    hasib123
    Kandoo-BB
    Mkaa00x
    rupam95
    easydoesit99
    ma678
    madman0141
    timmy t
    F2
    Chaplain_Clancy
    Chrysalis1156
    nkuza
    greatwiseone
    ... only a quick look.

At least it's entertaining, but I dunno. Marking rumours as rumours and Speculation in future and at each such post would be helpful.

Ray
    I am frustrated with the speculative posts that get some people whipped up into a frenzy of repeatedly tapping their update button. I'm also frustrated that RIM has failed to deliver things like proper browser bookmarking and a PDF Reader that does anything more than display documents (and even then, not all PDFs work). Thank God for 3rd party developers or I'd be beyond frustrated. That said, I love my pb and use it every day. I'm willing to wait for BB10 and hope my hardware lasts long enough to see it realized.
    09-26-12 10:49 AM
    Am a massive fan of bb's and talk highly of it to everyone about their phones and PlayBook but honestly I feel left out on the PlayBook, it has so much potential. yestaday I was looking to get a Lil something about it. Frankly Speaking am losing the love as the days go by. Am on the 2.1 beta and it works ok not 100% but hey I guess if u see the potential in something but nothing is building up on it u start to wonder.am no trol but I feel like I have been screwd over somewhere along the line.bb phones are set for blackberry 10 but honestly what about the PlayBook fan base WHERE IS THE LOVE?
    09-26-12 01:51 PM

yunvi
    BB-Bmore
    (somehow howarmat)

m_daly2202
    hasib123
    Kandoo-BB
    Mkaa00x
    rupam95
    easydoesit99
    ma678
    madman0141
    timmy t
    F2
    Chaplain_Clancy
    Chrysalis1156
    nkuza
    greatwiseone
    ... only a quick look.

Ray
    RYACHT!! How dare you say I'm frustrated...O.K. maybe your right
    09-26-12 01:56 PM
    didn't someone (blaze?) say .1012 the other day

end of the month someone else said too.

lets see what happens Monday eh? (strange day though - isn't it normally Tuesdays releases come out unless there's a Canuke bank hol or something like that?)
    torches likes this.
    09-26-12 02:09 PM
    Hey, I'd say you are in good company but then is grousing about the company one keeps, good?
    09-26-12 02:10 PM
    Is RIM even aware of that rumor?

that's sums up my though ;p
    09-26-12 02:18 PM
    didn't someone (blaze?) say .1012 the other day

end of the month someone else said too.

lets see what happens Monday eh? (strange day though - isn't it normally Tuesdays releases come out unless there's a Canuke bank hol or something like that?)
    Oh Lord, here we go again...
    09-26-12 02:53 PM
    Ok, couldn't resist folks in response to this..cheesy but relevant....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLslnKtjKSk[/YT]

09-26-12 02:59 PM
    Blockboy, jumpstarting another round

sigh

Ray
    09-26-12 03:58 PM
    I'm looking forward to it, but it'll be here when it's here. Until then I'm not suffering any lack of enjoyment or use from my PBs, at work or home. I'm good.
    09-26-12 04:12 PM
    Definitely not frustrated! Not sure I'd say I generated real hope and excitement, just trying to keep it real. I'm happy to join the buzz and keep on keeping on.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-12 04:54 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD