Hi all,
    This is my first thread here. Seriously i m sucked now, i have deleted most of my data and application nd clear the cache but still i am unable to get my free space back. Now i have only 400 mb free space. I delet almost everything except near about data of 3 gb.
    But i didn't understand that whn i deleted any app why my space not get free.

Plssss helpppp
    10-03-12 10:58 AM
    Are those native(app world) or sideloaded apps?

- Native - You have to uninstall them via App World;

- Sideloaded - Its safer to unins via DDPB or via the "Settings" app.

After doing that, reboot!
    10-03-12 11:07 AM
    Are you looking at MEMORY or storage space? What size pb do you have?
    diegonei likes this.
    10-03-12 07:22 PM
    Are you looking at MEMORY or storage space? What size pb do you have?
    "I delet almost everything except near about data of 3 gb."

He's definately talking about storage.
    10-03-12 07:29 PM
    Hi all,
    This is my first thread here. Seriously i m sucked now, i have deleted most of my data and application nd clear the cache but still i am unable to get my free space back. Now i have only 400 mb free space. I delet almost everything except near about data of 3 gb.
    But i didn't understand that whn i deleted any app why my space not get free.

Plssss helpppp
    Just security swipe the playbook.
    10-03-12 07:30 PM
    No need to wipe if he's talking about RAM...

I find it that 500-600mb is the usual for an idle PlayBook. Kill the Android Player and you may get to 700mb.
    10-03-12 08:43 PM
    No need to wipe if he's talking about RAM...

I find it that 500-600mb is the usual for an idle PlayBook. Kill the Android Player and you may get to 700mb.
    How do you kill android player? Not certain if I am even running android apps...
    10-03-12 09:13 PM
    Open as many apps as you can, as fast as you can. The PlayBook will run out of memory and start closing them. Keep doing it till you get an error message (12 if I recall).

That's it. It's dead till next reboot.
    10-03-12 09:24 PM
    "I delet almost everything except near about data of 3 gb."

He's definately talking about storage.
    I understand what was deleted but if the NUMBER or Value that is being looked at is MEMORY, data deletion won't touch it.
    10-03-12 10:08 PM
    There are some apps that can kill Android in appworld.
    10-03-12 10:09 PM
    Guys i have 16 gb pb.
    I m talking abt internal memory not ram memory.
    I have only 400 mb space left, due to which i am unable to update my pb.
    Pls help guys. How i can get my space. Music,video , game nd other data is just 5gb not more than that.
    10-04-12 09:57 AM
    Ok, a 16gb PlayBook starts at 14.9gb or so. The OS takes something like 2.3gb. 12.6. You said you have stuff amounting to 5gb, so that's 7.6gb. You probably have about 7gb or so on installed apps. Plug it to Desktop Software and hit backup, you’ll be able to see how much space your apps are taking.

You can then delete some apps and update or backup your PlayBook, debrick via Desktop Manager and restore the Backup.

Link for debrick is in the signature.
    10-04-12 10:05 AM
    5 gb is included all data games video music nd installed apps too buddy...
    Nd rite now i m not in access to pc. Is there ny other way to find out from this situation. I deleted sideloaded apps too. I have air browser in my device thru this i access internal memory.
    10-04-12 10:26 AM
    Have you rebooted since deleting the Apps and data? Some Android apps can leave a lot of temp files behind that you may have to delete manually using a third party file browser.
    10-04-12 10:29 AM
    Yes i rebooted.
    Nd pls tell me where i can find these temp file. Although i have never seen any file named of uninstalled apps in android temp file.
    10-04-12 10:59 AM
    Yes i rebooted.
    Nd pls tell me where i can find these temp file. Although i have never seen any file named of uninstalled apps in android temp file.
    I don't sideload Android apps, so I can give you the specific details. It came up in another thread and you needed to use a certain file browser to access the area the TEMP files are stored. I will take a look and see if I can find the thread.

edit:

I think it may be the program Ghost Commander that allows you to see all the Android file system. Below is a link to a thread discussing using Ghost Commander to delete a temp file regarding a completed download.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post7228990
    Last edited by robsteve; 10-04-12 at 11:19 AM.
    10-04-12 11:03 AM
    I would do what Robsteve said and look for temp files (though it is hard to believe there will be about 7GB in temp files).

If that doesn't work, maybe your PB is showing the wrong information about free space (though I haven't seen that problem before, but I'm relatively new to CrackBerry and don't read every post).

I think it *could* be something simple that you missed (I think we all can say that happened to each one of use at some point). I know you said you don't have access to a PC/Mac right now, but if you can hold off on the update, check it on Desktop Manager. There it will show how your HDD space is being occupied. You may have thought you deleted something but it didn't delete for whatever reason.

If you need it now, I think you will have to wipe your PB and start fresh. Though a possible warning, I don't know if you will need WiFi to do that. I don't know if it will download 2.1 and you won't need wifi or download 2.0 needing WiFi and then update to 2.1 after setup.

If you're typing this with your PB or on a computer that you can get permission to install DM on, you should be good. If you are using your phone or a friend's PS3/Xbox Beta/etc (who doesn't have a computer or a broken computer) or etc, well then you may have to go without the update until you find WiFi or a computer. Sorry

Edit: Do you download movies/tv shows/videos through the BlackBerry Video Store app? I did download the free movie (Sherlock Holmes) for it and noticed that it does not show up as a "video" on the Desktop Manager (and that single movie is about 2 gigs, if I remember correctly). Check there and see if that is what is using up your free space. The same could be true for your music (under the Music Store app).
    Last edited by BerryClever; 10-04-12 at 01:13 PM.
    10-04-12 12:30 PM
    I installed i, its just show all apps which i have already able to see thru air browser nd es file explorer. Thnx bro but not useful, ....
    10-05-12 08:41 AM
    This has got to be the weirdest thing. Debrick it bro. Save your music and videos. Load the OS from scratch.
    10-05-12 08:53 AM
    Then it sounds like your best bet is to wipe your system (start fresh). If you have old backups, well you can restore that, but it sounds like you wouldn't have any backups at your location.

You can try to back up what you have now, but you might run into the same problem when you restore that backup.
    10-05-12 01:49 PM
    Honestly, do what everyone is saying, back up everything... and wipe and start again and restore ONLY the media, and you can go into appworld and redownload your apps, and keep an eye on your free space, and then restore the apps and that will show you if any of the apps you downloaded is bloated. But make sure you don't restore the apps until after you reload the apps from appworld because you need to figure out what is causing the huge amount of free space missing
    jaduali likes this.
    10-05-12 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD