Down here in Puerto Vallarta... staying at a rented condo.

The condo has a nice Sony big screen TV with hdmi in. It also has wifi but the wifi is quite... ermmm... flakey... so I got myself a Mexican 3g simcard for a few bucks.

I plugged in my PlayBook via micro hdmi to play some videos while guests were over during cocktail hour. Somebody asked if I had a certain music video, I went onto youtube, found it, downloaded it onto my Z10. Swapped the hdmi cable to the phone and played the requested video. Cool.

But here's the really fun part: while the videos were playing from the phone, someone else asked if I had another video. I didn't want to interrupt the one playing, so I grabbed my PB, connected it to my Z10's mobile hotspot, downloaded the video onto the PB, and as soon as the Z10 video was done, I swapped the hdmi cord back the PB and played the newly downloaded one.

Continued taking requests and swapping like that till it was time to go for dinner. Quite fun. Very entertaining.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 10:58 AM
    Multi tasking like a pro! lol
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-28-14 11:05 AM
    If you're on vacation in Mexico and you're watching Youtube.............you could be doing it wrong.
    01-28-14 11:46 AM
    You could have thrown your Playbook's video player into presentation mode and downloaded the new vids onto your PB while the old vid was playing. That might have impressed your friends and saved you the hassle of swapping hdmi sources.
    DrBoomBotz and nealjane1 like this.
    01-28-14 12:22 PM
    You could have thrown your Playbook's video player into presentation mode and downloaded the new vids onto your PB while the old vid was playing. That might have impressed your friends and saved you the hassle of swapping hdmi sources.
    I keep hearing about this but I never actually figured how to. Teach us, Paco!
    01-28-14 01:08 PM
    Presentation mode (works with Video player, Pictures, and Powerpoint Docs To Go). Connect PB to TV with hdmi cable. Open Videos app. Start a video playing. Tap on the screen. A double box will appear towards the top right corner of the screen- tap it. PB will be put in presentation mode. The video will continue to play on your TV, but will not be playing on your PB- only the motion controls will now show on your PB. You can now minimize the Videos app on your PB and do anything else that you want to do, downloading YouTube videos using Tube Mate, for example, while the original video continues playing on your TV.
    01-28-14 07:56 PM
    Love positive threads about the Playbook!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:16 PM
    I downloaded Stereotube and set this up. Nice tip. I agree nice to see this type post and replies because there is so much to do with PB especially with a bridge and remote. Watched the Pink video. . . again.
    01-29-14 05:31 PM
    If you're on vacation in Mexico and you're watching Youtube.............you could be doing it wrong.
    ... not if you saw what was going on before, after and while the music videos were playing LOL but thx for chiming in

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    01-30-14 06:26 PM
    Good tip for the newbies... and thx for the comment. I used presentation mode later once I had them downloaded. But the condo's wifi and/or Sony big screen didn't support DLNA so I had to use the hdmi cable... not a problem except that given where the tv is and where the cocktails were being ermmm consumed, a cable across the intervening space may have been a safety hazard LOL.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:31 PM
    I downloaded Stereotube and set this up. Nice tip. I agree nice to see this type post and replies because there is so much to do with PB especially with a bridge and remote. Watched the Pink video. . . again.
    I like Stereotube and I have it on both my Z10 & my PB. Recently they updated it... and when I went to use it during this cocktail party (for the first time since the update), I couldn't figure out how to play the friggin' saved playlist. When time and attitude permits, I'll go back and try it again.... but as Mr or Master Cynical said above, you don't want to spend too much time with your gadgets while on holiday... especially not in Puerto Vallarta baby!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    antonio crawley and Cynycl like this.
    01-30-14 06:35 PM
    I noticed they've also dropped the download link in the stereo tube app too - wouldn't have upgraded if I had known!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    02-01-14 08:34 AM
    I noticed they've also dropped the download link in the stereo tube app too - wouldn't have upgraded if I had known!
    I use file2hd.com to download music videos from youtube.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:36 AM
    Down here in Puerto Vallarta... staying at a rented condo.

The condo has a nice Sony big screen TV with hdmi in. It also has wifi but the wifi is quite... ermmm... flakey... so I got myself a Mexican 3g simcard for a few bucks.

I plugged in my PlayBook via micro hdmi to play some videos while guests were over during cocktail hour. Somebody asked if I had a certain music video, I went onto youtube, found it, downloaded it onto my Z10. Swapped the hdmi cable to the phone and played the requested video. Cool.

But here's the really fun part: while the videos were playing from the phone, someone else asked if I had another video. I didn't want to interrupt the one playing, so I grabbed my PB, connected it to my Z10's mobile hotspot, downloaded the video onto the PB, and as soon as the Z10 video was done, I swapped the hdmi cord back the PB and played the newly downloaded one.

Continued taking requests and swapping like that till it was time to go for dinner. Quite fun. Very entertaining.

Posted via CB10
    DJ Patrick is in the house!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-01-14 11:59 AM