Aaawww yeah! Fired up this little tablet for the first time since the shutdown and everything is still running. No nag about BBID.
    Getting all my emails synced up and even the good ol' calendar is syncing up fine with Outlook and iCloud!
    Not sure if this suffers from the same battery consumption issue as the BB10 devices, but I suppose not a big deal since it is mostly an offline media device with only occasional forays online.

And yeah, this is coming from the Crackberry app on Playbook!
    01-12-22 08:59 PM
    BG's ?? BB's !!!

dmlis likes this.
    01-13-22 10:24 AM
    Funny thing is BlackBerry World still fires up and showing new tiles/contents (or at least I don't recall seeing them before). No surprise though that download and install fails.
    01-13-22 03:03 PM
    Do you get the annoying pop up asking to sign into your BB account?
    01-13-22 03:03 PM
    That's just the way it is.
    01-13-22 03:06 PM
    Nope, have not got any sign on popups yet. Not on this nor any of my BB10 devices
    01-13-22 08:38 PM
    I have multiple Playbooks and I have found that the last one I used before the Shutdown does not give me the password challenge when I go online. The others do though. So if you have one device no problem. More than one tied to the same ID? Forget about using them online unless you like continually having to cancel pop ups.
    01-14-22 04:47 PM
    I don't think that's the issue. I recall even on my one Playbook, if I have not used it in a while it pops up asking for me to sign in.
    I expect to see this sooner or later.
    01-14-22 11:11 PM
    I was playing a racing game. Just before I got to the finish line, I got the sign in popup it cost me the race. I put it in airplane mode and still get BBID popup. Before the shutdown, I went to this BB Protect site and removed all my devices from my account. I didn't close the account. This site is now closed.(https://protect.blackberry.com/protect/managedevices)
    01-15-22 11:53 AM