I had to call tech support for my Playbook. I had downloaded OS2 and it worked for a couple days and then I couldn't get my PB to do anything but blink, pause, blink blink blink blink....over and over again. My experience....

1. RIM tech support was not horrible like I have heard. I got right through to tech support....on a Sunday! And they were very nice and helpful. Bottom line, I had to ship my PB back for repair or replacement. I am missing it

2. The title of my thread....I was told by one of the tech support guys that I should NEVER do anything that is posted on CB. He told me I should stay "far far away from CB!" He also said I should never listen or believe anything I read on CB! Trying any tips or advice from CB would void my warranty. I was kinda shocked that he said those things!

Anyway, overall a positive experience so far. I am hoping I get my PB back soon and as good as new!!!
    omgzombiess likes this.
    03-22-12 01:26 PM
    Stay away from the tips and tricks post at the top. You may never see your PB again.
    Willard814, Hgouck and mud314 like this.
    03-22-12 01:40 PM
    From all the trollism, whining, and arguments here, it's hard to take things serious here. The constant derailment here is unreal. But honestly, most of the info here is great. You just need to know how to navigate thru the BS.
    03-22-12 01:44 PM
    Just *try and stay away from CrackBerry. I dare ya.

Strange they said that.

When I worked for Verizon Wireless we were sent to a BlackBerry training session with RIM reps.

They actually brought up CrackBerry and went onto the site and had it up on the projected screen.

It's how I found out about CrackBerry.
    03-22-12 01:53 PM
    You know what they say about assumptions and asses don't you. He probably has no experience whatsoever with CB. I've been a forum member for about 6 months and i can tell you there's no other "go to" place for me to sort my BB gear out. From sideloading to getting early info, BB gear deals, info about apps that are worth your spend and tips and tricks on how to get the best out of your gear, CB is it! Plus you'll learn a whole lot from the serious techies around here! Also let him know that his CEO doesn't share his sentiments!!
    malcerie likes this.
    03-22-12 01:59 PM
    How you are treated by Customer service is great. I think there is a misunderstanding when people say it's bad. The Reps will treat you great, and if you have a simple issue they will resolve it beautifully, treat you with the utmost respect and empathy. It's when you have to deal with the inner bureaucracy that things get tougher. I'm dealing with a complex RMA situation right now. I don't blame any of the people dealing with me, they've been fantastic, it's just taking a lot longer than expected and their internal system is confusing.

Second, I'm not surprised they do not endorse 3rd party "support". You are on a complimentary 90 days of phone support. After that, they want your money, they want you to pay and support their business. Not find help for free.

It makes sense to me, but I wouldn't follow all of their advice. I've seen many instances of extremely helpful advice here, and love the community!

Don't stay away!
    Spencerdl, Cracklen and artie like this.
    03-22-12 02:02 PM
    Whoever came up with that is a dumbass.
    03-22-12 02:05 PM
    I agree CB is unreliable, but where do we get legit Playbook info from, what is the alternative?

I have been misled on so many issues since October 2011 that I am angry and do not bother posting questions here anymore.
    I am very upset, very disappointed with CB (The Playbook is a fantastic device) but this forum has me disillusioned.
    The latest and most frustrating experience for me is being misled and misinformed about the benefits of syncing my playbook to Gmail what a catastrophe!
    gladiatorofyale likes this.
    03-22-12 02:06 PM
    Didn't take long for this thread to alter its course to 180 magnetic.
    03-22-12 02:09 PM
    Awww you guys. This makes me sad. This isn't CrackBerry. It's the Internet. You never believe everything you see here, and you need to be the ultimate decision maker. What's posted on here if by no means gospel. It's discussion, generally people seeking "3rd party" assistance are aware of the risks and take all the advice with a grain of salt.

Don't knock CrackBerry or any other site.

Be a responsible Internet user, and be skeptical, be curious, and sometimes take risks.
    03-22-12 02:11 PM
    LOL
    When I called support she was helpful and friendly but is really seemed like she was searching CB and asking if I tried this or that, in the same order I found it in CB!
    I swear she was searching CB for answers
    03-22-12 03:24 PM
    I agree CB is unreliable, but where do we get legit Playbook info from, what is the alternative?

I have been misled on so many issues since October 2011 that I am angry and do not bother posting questions here anymore.
    I am very upset, very disappointed with CB (The Playbook is a fantastic device) but this forum has me disillusioned.
    The latest and most frustrating experience for me is being misled and misinformed about the benefits of syncing my playbook to Gmail what a catastrophe!
    This is a joke, right? April 1st isn't for another 10 days!!???
    03-22-12 03:29 PM
    He probably has a point. There are many, many helpful posts on this site. There is also a great deal of nonsense and advice that, if followed could result in many problems including voiding of warranty.
    03-22-12 03:40 PM
    Well, I disagree!!! I have learned a lot from this site and when I have a problem this is the first place I go to.. Mine you, there are some things that I have read and would not try. But to say, stop using CB for info, I would not been happy with that comment.
    malcerie likes this.
    03-22-12 03:44 PM
    From the standpoint that a lot of people can get discouraged from this site, I can see why the rep said that...and that is sad.

However, there are a great deal of members on these forums that can give you good, sound advice and get help you solve all kinds that your BlackBerry can throw at you.

Besides, we are a family in here...somewhere... So when we bicker and fight, it's (mostly) out of love.
    03-22-12 03:48 PM
    He probably has a point. There are many, many helpful posts on this site. There is also a great deal of nonsense and advice that, if followed could result in many problems including voiding of warranty.
    Other then the dingle berry section, can you give an example of advice given that would void the warranty.
    03-22-12 03:49 PM
    I'm sure he meant things like rooting, side loading, Beta OS, basically things generally not intended for end users. RIM will not support issues arise from any of these for sure.
    03-22-12 03:51 PM
    Could probably have something to do with rooting the PB. A RIM employee or one of their departments sent a statement that basically states Jailbreaking your PB will/could void your warranty.

The best was when I had to call Tech support for the BIS setup bug back in the day. The Tech asks how I like the phone, said I loved it, and he goes 'Meh, I made the switch to Android, I suggest you do as well' Didn't really know what to say (What could I have said?) Just asked if it was good to go, he said it was, and I hung up.

There are people like that all over, hopefully, we don't have to deal with them all the time.
    03-22-12 03:53 PM
    Every single person whom I've convinced to buy a Playbook, (about 10) I have explicitly told them to visit this forum. This is the best source of information about how to use ur BB products.
    03-22-12 03:54 PM
    I can understand where the rep is coming from! There is a post here about how to get rid of the bulge on the back of your PB. It involves archaic methods that no one should ever try even as a trained professional. I think at one point in the instructions state you should hold a hair dyer to your PB to make the case pliable and then stack books on it. I would like to know how many innocent patrons actually tried that and ruin their PB.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-22-12 03:54 PM
    I had to call tech support for my Playbook. I had downloaded OS2 and it worked for a couple days and then I couldn't get my PB to do anything but blink, pause, blink blink blink blink....over and over again. My experience....

1. RIM tech support was not horrible like I have heard. I got right through to tech support....on a Sunday! And they were very nice and helpful. Bottom line, I had to ship my PB back for repair or replacement. I am missing it

2. The title of my thread....I was told by one of the tech support guys that I should NEVER do anything that is posted on CB. He told me I should stay "far far away from CB!" He also said I should never listen or believe anything I read on CB! Trying any tips or advice from CB would void my warranty. I was kinda shocked that he said those things!

Anyway, overall a positive experience so far. I am hoping I get my PB back soon and as good as new!!!
    Sorry, but I have to stay away from your post since you posted on the forbidden CB!
    03-22-12 04:24 PM
    "you wanna be where you can see, troubles are all the same
    you wanna go where everybody knows your naaaaame..."

lol.

Don't stress what the tech said, anymore than you pay too much mind to the occasional BestBuy or FutureShop employee with their durm und strang. The only way for them to survive is to get as many people as possible to believe that they and they alone have all the answers...aaaaand they don't. Even CB doesn't. It's like anything else, you listen to everything with your BS filters firmly in place and trust your instincts. Good luck.
    Chrisy and ambarmetta like this.
    03-22-12 04:28 PM
    But while here, I have a bulging SCREEN and have heard on CB that I should take a blowtorch to it, get it molten hot and then apply downward pressure with my thumb till it resumes a flat surface. Is this true?

(do NOT try this at home. Only try it within walking distance of your local fire station or emergency room!)
    03-22-12 04:29 PM
    I've had this experience also. It's nothing against CrackBerry. They'll say this about any forum
    03-22-12 04:36 PM
    Hey OP...it's called "CRACK"-berry for a reason...it's very addicting...
    03-22-12 04:37 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD