Anyone knows a trick to make a browser stay awake on Playbook? I've made myself a nigh-stand clock as a www website but it sleeps after 5 minutes. Here is the app (I can share the source when it's finished): DeskClock (beta)
    Right now the only way I've found to keep the screen stay awake is to play muted video in the background (by html5 video tag) - this is problematic though because it reloads the video every time it plays it (meaning server bandwidth would be unnecessarily high and it wouldn't work offline). I could probably copy the www to a local folder and try running it from there? Are there any other, easier ways though? Maybe an alternative browser with stay awake mode?

Running the site from my server gives me a neat way of updating the photos from my computer without moving the Playbook.
    11-19-13 03:44 PM
    Anyone knows a trick to make a browser stay awake on Playbook? I've made myself a nigh-stand clock as a www website but it sleeps after 5 minutes. Here is the app (I can share the source when it's finished): DeskClock (beta)
    Right now the only way I've found to keep the screen stay awake is to play muted video in the background (by html5 video tag) - this is problematic though because it reloads the video every time it plays it (meaning server bandwidth would be unnecessarily high and it wouldn't work offline). I could probably copy the www to a local folder and try running it from there? Are there any other, easier ways though? Maybe an alternative browser with stay awake mode?

Running the site from my server gives me a neat way of updating the photos from my computer without moving the Playbook.
    here's another ez way to transfer pics from pc to pb via wifi,,, drag & drop 'em @ your leisure...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    11-19-13 03:50 PM
    Use origami browser. It's in the app world. It has a "keep screen on" feature.

I use it all the time when listening to a radio station from their website. Works a charm!

Posted via CB10
    ute and Magnesus like this.
    11-19-13 05:22 PM
    Believe there is a line of code which if it can be included in the app itself will cause the screen to stay on. This was discussed in an earlier thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-19-13 08:22 PM
    Thanks, the Origami Browser should do the trick. I don't want to make an app because that would take too much time which I don't have recently unfortunately. Thanks!
    11-20-13 04:58 AM