This is the most official information (sorted by date) that I have been able to gather on the BlackBerry 10 upgrade on the PlayBook.

Thorsten Heins stated the following on January 30, 2013 in an interview with CNBC (check from 6:40 to 6:55 in the video linked below)...

We will provide BlackBerry 10 software updates for all of the PlayBooks that are out there. So, the wifi and the 4G versions, they will all be upgradable to BlackBerry 10.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/compone...bcplayershare/

March 7, 2013
    BlackBerry working to upgrade PlayBook - MarketWatch

Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook, CEO Thorsten Heins said while addressing a technology conference near the companys headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario.

From the BlackBerry Beta Zone, this is what has been posted by John (BlackBerry Project Manager) over the past couple of months.

Mar 28, 2013 02:26pm
    Hi folks!

I don't have information to share about PlayBook right now, but I'll post it here when I do!

John

Mar 28, 2013 02:47pm
    Understandable. The market is eager to know what's next for PlayBook...some things have to remain a secret at first!

John

Apr 19, 2013 10:52pm
    Howdy,

I'm here! I usually only jump in if there is a constructive comment or idea I can take back to the team. Right now I have no updates to share.

John

Apr 30, 2013 09:28am
    Howdy,

Nothing to share at this point.

John

May 15, 2013 10:31am
    Howdy!

I appreciate the response - it's good to hear your thoughts. I am still here, I still read every post, and I am still communicating your shared thoughts and opinions to the right teams. BlackBerry, and my team specifically, still very much care about you as PlayBook owners and power users.

You're right -- news about PlayBook has been light lately. I know you're expecting more. Some of the most recent posters here are even more right: there are PR plans and rules which typically prevent us from sharing finer details of a product and our roadmap. I'll bring news to you when I can.

I do urge you to check out our Official BlackBerry Channel on YouTube (youtube.com/blackberry) and the Inside BlackBerry blog to keep up with some of the most recent concepts we're discussing at BlackBerry Live and elsewhere. There is also a community in Beta Zone to discuss BlackBerry 10 feedback.

Above all of this, BlackBerry is focused on building out our Mobile Computing platform - something you fueled with your interest in PlayBook...thank you! Let's start thinking about what the future of Mobile Computing looks like, and how BlackBerry and PlayBook fit into it.

John

As I have mentioned on other forums, I would like to have some sort of official confirmation from BlackBerry that they are still working on bringing BlackBerry 10 to the PlayBooks that are currently out in the wild.

If you would like to follow the thread directly, please go to the following...

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...iew/14580?pg=0

Cheers,

Marc
    russworman and eddy_berry like this.
    05-17-13 10:05 AM
    Thanks for the information. In thinking about the PlayBook and regarding some of his responses I'm wondering if OS10 on PlayBook might be different than the phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 11:03 AM
    bb10 has to be different on the pb, imho, because usage is different from tablets to phones. add in screen resolution, and hardware and you have an interesting little project on your hands. they probably also want to make sure that there are apps available for the pb. id rather it take a while and they get it right, than get a half *** version of bb10 on the pb. for there moment, my pb suits me just fine as is.
    bbfan1040 and eddy_berry like this.
    05-17-13 11:34 AM