I was like you sitting on the fence, to return or not to return. I love the damn thing and it was sad at the thought of giving it up....but at last i did return it back to BB. One of the posters is correct in, that the more PB that gets opened up and returned, the loss belongs to RIM, they lose out on profit and have to eat the costs of fixing the units and shipping...but at the time of return make sure you specify what problems or defects you have with device...this info is translated back to RIM.
    05-01-11 01:11 PM
    I was like you sitting on the fence, to return or not to return. I love the damn thing and it was sad at the thought of giving it up....but at last i did return it back to BB. One of the posters is correct in, that the more PB that gets opened up and returned, the loss belongs to RIM, they lose out on profit and have to eat the costs of fixing the units and shipping...but at the time of return make sure you specify what problems or defects you have with device...this info is translated back to RIM.
    Futureshop here in Canada (which is like Best Buy) quite often re-sells returned electronics as "open boxed" and typically reduces the price 5 to 10%. I have a feeling those who are unhappy or not willing to wait for updates to fix issues will start returning them this week as the 14 day return policy is a couple days away. l have a 90 day return window as I bought nine from Costco, but if they don't make significant improvements in the next 90 days, sadly, I will likely be returning mine as well.
    Last edited by Rudee66; 05-01-11 at 02:35 PM.
    05-01-11 01:38 PM
    I'm sorry US Costco does not carry it. The 90 day return would have been a sweet way to test the unit and, frankly, test Rim to see how they remedy some of the shortcomings of the device. (and I'm not talking about 3rd party apps - those will definitely take a while unless developers perceive the platform as not worthy)

edited to add: does someone have a link to the Canadian Costco Playbook? (on their site and do not see it)
    Last edited by F2; 05-01-11 at 02:18 PM.
    05-01-11 02:15 PM
    So I just returned my PlayBook to FutureShop and exchanged it for a brand new one, so I could get another 14 days to decide whether or not I'm going to keep it.

I was chatting the guy there about the Playbook returns and he said "We've had more PlayBook returns than any other tablet/phone device in history. He wasn't the least bit suprised to see another one" I probed a little more about the main reasons for return and he said it was mostly bridge or screen issues.

So RIM has 14 more days to convince me to keep or it that will be it.

I've seen posts and press releases about how sales are higher than expected but what about the return rate?
    05-01-11 05:26 PM
    I returned my to Staples yesterday. Went and picked up another at Best Buy. 14 days again also. If things don't start improving more that's it for me as well. Love the Playbook but some of the bugs are pretty annoying and I don't want to shell out $600 for something I am not totally happy with.
    05-01-11 05:39 PM
    I was chatting the guy there about the Playbook returns and he said "We've had more PlayBook returns than any other tablet/phone device in history. He wasn't the least bit suprised to see another one" I probed a little more about the main reasons for return and he said it was mostly bridge or screen issues.
    Funny how each store and location is different - the futureshop in my area is the exact opposite. The Xoom has been returned at much higher rates than any other tablet/phone device in history. As for the Playbook, they have only had 2 returned since it was released. Of course, as with all of these types of reports, the numbers are meaningless and irrelevant unless you know how many were sold in the first place.
    05-01-11 05:41 PM
    I returned my to Staples yesterday. Went and picked up another at Best Buy. 14 days again also. If things don't start improving more that's it for me as well. Love the Playbook but some of the bugs are pretty annoying and I don't want to shell out $600 for something I am not totally happy with.
    What bugs do you expect to have been fixed between the return of your first PB and the one you just bought?
    05-01-11 05:46 PM
    For me, I'm not expecting any bug fixes until RIm releases updates but it gives me 14 more days to decide.

However, I'm setting up the replacement and it has a raised power button (bonus for me) and I noticed that when I press it, I now have an option to "Standby" which the previous one didn't have.

On the minus side, I can't get passed the agreement page :::sigh:::: Using the debrick OS update to try and resolve that.

Nice to have something fixed and a new problem anyway. At least it's different
    05-01-11 05:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD