Just talked with Staples customer service. Its more complicated than just ordering one, you have to have a contract agreement with Staples. Its more complicated than simply signing up a small business. Its a year long contract for supplies and services. Would love to get an extra one though. Did anyone else have any luck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 06:09 AM
    So much for all the "ship is sinking" ,"the PB must be a failure" and "something must be terribly wrong to slash prices after 4 months" , which so happened to dominate the Staples ,PB 50% off main thread

Once the dust settles. Or in this case the drama settles, the truth comes out! (Insert eye roll)

PB is an amazing product
    To be honest I think its a matter of time before we do see the 50% off sale.Not because its not a good product, but because it isn't selling, here in the US anyways.
    09-07-11 06:45 AM
    So much for all the "ship is sinking" ,"the PB must be a failure" and "something must be terribly wrong to slash prices after 4 months" , which so happened to dominate the Staples ,PB 50% off main thread
    Perhaps, but the "ship is sinking" line didn't start with this alleged Staples sale, and this alleged sale isn't the only evidence that PlayBook sales are struggling. It's still true that RIM reported 500K "shipped" during the first 6 weeks of sales with "no information" on activations, that Sprint passed on the "4G" WiMax PlayBook due to a lack of corporate interest despite RIM's best efforts, and that Best Buy is offering $150 off of a 64GB model and $50 off the others. As solid a device as the PlayBook may be, the objective data suggests it simply isn't selling, regardless of whether Staples is selling devices for 50% off or $100 off.
    09-07-11 08:51 AM
    just got this from staples

Only Staples Advantage customers have access to this pricing. If you have an account, please contact your account manager. I was informed by management yesterday that this special is for Staples Advantage customers only. Glen did not realize he could not use his account for this special. No orders will be or can be placed.

I'm sorry for confusion.

Andrea
    09-07-11 08:53 AM
    Perhaps, but the "ship is sinking" line didn't start with this alleged Staples sale, and this alleged sale isn't the only evidence that PlayBook sales are struggling. It's still true that RIM reported 500K "shipped" during the first 6 weeks of sales with "no information" on activations, that Sprint passed on the "4G" WiMax PlayBook due to a lack of corporate interest despite RIM's best efforts, and that Best Buy is offering $150 off of a 64GB model and $50 off the others. As solid a device as the PlayBook may be, the objective data suggests it simply isn't selling, regardless of whether Staples is selling devices for 50% off or $100 off.
    The PlayBook isn't 3G/4G device. So, ah, how would there be any "activation" information for it? It doesn't access any cell service directly. So "activations" is not a metric to even consider. I would love to see some concrete evidence of RIM's imminent demise instead of regurgitated nonsense from naysayers and haters.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If RIM is knocking on deaths door, why are they releasing so many new devices and new OS??? RIM is hardly the type of company that would opt to "go out with a bang."
    09-07-11 09:16 AM
    Note to myself: The painful truth about being an early adopter, next time wait 5 months after product launch and buy at a heavy discounted price. And all updates that are needed to make the device working properly is hopefully there.
    09-07-11 09:17 AM
    There are analysts..and then there are "the analysts"...these people I refer to as "the analysts", are organizations such as the Yacktman Fund. They have a proven track record and are very successful at analyzing companies, as their portofolio's reflect tremendous success. They have purchased many shares of RIM. I trust their analysis of the current state of RIM.
    What I pasted below is from Jaguar Financial, not sure how trustworthy they are, but again, a bleak outlook. I don't get all fired up over it, though, as long as I enjoy my BB, who cares, right?

Things just keep getting bleaker for RIM. With its revenues stagnating and smartphone market share dwindling, the BlackBerry maker is now facing new financial pressure from Jaguar Financial Group -- a Canadian merchant bank and RIM shareholder that's calling upon the company to do one of two rather unpleasant things: sell itself, or sell its patent portfolio.
    09-07-11 09:57 AM
    I have a Staples Link account through the BBB, and I logged into my account this morning to see if they were available in my account... and they are! On sale only until tomorrow. Damn, I wish I had the $$ to grab another...
    09-07-11 01:20 PM
    At least the Staples program is still available............

I just checked the pricing at BestBuy and it's back to full retail.
    09-07-11 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD