I stopped by inside a Staples store in Park Ridge NJ advertisement for Xooms and Playbooks. They had accessories and no demo unit. I was told there was an error, the warehouse said they shipped them but they have not been received in store.

The sales representative told me "ALL" Staples stores are selling them already. He said he spoke to someone from the Nanuet store and they are selling and already have a display unit.

I did not pre-order the PB was just doing a drive by the PR store is not sure when they will get it. But I am going to stop by tomorrow and order one shipped to the store.

The sales rep said they have had no Pre-Order's and that only 32gb will be sold in store. 64gb online.

The rep also gave me the typical you have a BB, i'm sure if I said no he would have told me the negatives. But I am a Crackberry user I know everything there is on the PB. Happy PB hunting ... can't wait to hear users response definitely want to hear about the Bridge Browser.
    04-18-11 05:13 PM
    wow i wouldnt trust that rep even with a glove on
    04-18-11 05:15 PM
    They wouldn't sell me on the spot about 10 minutes ago. I even told them that other stores were selling them already, AND I was in uniform (hey, it could help!). I paid for mine today to pick up tomorrow.
    04-18-11 05:16 PM
    The only SKU in the system was for Pre-Orders with ship to the home. I'm not home when they deliver and don't want a shiny nice device laying around for someone to pick up. I can hold off for a few days.
    04-18-11 05:33 PM
    what kind of uniform?
    04-18-11 05:35 PM
    what kind of uniform?
    Military.

10char
    04-18-11 05:37 PM
    Just stopped at local staples....manager tried to sell me one tonight....priced put at $10,499.00 ! I hope people aren't paying that.....anywhere !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 05:57 PM
    I hope someone did lmao

That's their placeholder value so no one actually buys it before launch.
    04-18-11 06:06 PM
    This is BS. Staples is not selling playbooks tonight. If you bought one tonight, lets see it. Take a picture of you with it in your house booting up. Stop the nonsense. No one is selling it tonight.
    04-18-11 06:13 PM
    Never said he bought one, just that a Staples store said they were selling them but unless someone actually goes and buys one, it's all hearsay.
    04-18-11 06:17 PM
    Was just at my local Staples and you would never know anything was being launched tomorrow... Not sure what the strategy is, but there was no end cap, no demo units available, no one knows much about the Playbook... Not a real confidence booster when you have one pre-ordered for delivery to this store for tomorrow! I thought at least I'd get a 'your the (insert number) guy that's asked...' but nothing.... They were more interested in pushing cell phones.....what's up with that?... Guess I'll see what happens tomorrow!
    04-18-11 06:31 PM
    The store I went to had NONE and didn't know when they will get one actual stock NO PRE-ORDERS whatsoever. It doesn't appear that each store is getting a lot, I was not in a rush to drive to Nanuet and pay NY sales tax just to get it a few days b4 I can get one ship to store.
    04-18-11 06:47 PM
    i just went by a Staples.

they had a lot of them in stock, but they were only the 16GB.

in any case, they weren't selling them yet. but they had quite a few.
    04-18-11 07:48 PM
    Was just at my local Staples and you would never know anything was being launched tomorrow... Not sure what the strategy is, but there was no end cap, no demo units available, no one knows much about the Playbook... Not a real confidence booster when you have one pre-ordered for delivery to this store for tomorrow! I thought at least I'd get a 'your the (insert number) guy that's asked...' but nothing.... They were more interested in pushing cell phones.....what's up with that?... Guess I'll see what happens tomorrow!
    Mine had banners all over the walls, pictures on the doors/windows, and they were wearing playbook t-shirts. They were setting up the display area when I showed up.
    04-18-11 08:35 PM
    I walked into my local staples to see if they had a demo unit and they did! I flipped and ran over too it, it was stuck on the agreement screen. I was so disappointed, I cannot wait to get this thing in my hands. Its smaller than I expected but extremely light, it felt right holding it. I CANNOT WAIT. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough
    04-18-11 08:48 PM
    Technically the device is in the Staples inventory and CAN be sold. But, it is listed at $10,000. This is stop anyone from actually selling one. Tuesday the system is updated to the correct price.
    04-18-11 08:49 PM
    I just ordered one online for pickup tomorrow at Office Depot. The price was $999.99, I suppose the same reason, so as not to sel lthem until the morning. I am hoping when I pick it up they drop the price.
    04-18-11 08:53 PM
    Visited a Staples in Cypress CA.
    Demo unit was still running OS 1.0.0.1439 and stuck on BB ID agreement screen.
    Terrible. How are people supposed see how it works if it isn't set up right?

Next I went to an Office Max.
    same OS .1439. But they were trying to upgrade to the latest OS build.
    No luck...kept crashing on their WIFI.
    04-19-11 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD