What a truly ridiculous analogy! Your ability to make a mountain from a molehill is less than impressive...
    I'm not have the intention to impress you but merely to show you the pointlessness of your solution. If anybody want to use a button that is specially designed to do a task, they must be able to do so. Regardless if you or me are happy to do it another way.

...As I said, for those of you who are computing novices, there has yet to be an OS without a bug. The icon in question is not a major component of the system. You are acting like a child.
    No, I'm by no means a novice and, yes, I agree to the fact that I never in my life encountered a perfect OS. However, in the most cases the bugs are addressed at a certain moment in time. I find after 2 years and a really mayor upgrade, that it is far from childish to have a complain about a reasonable simple to address bug.

One other little thing my friend:
    This is just a forum where discussions are a great way to obtain knowledge and expand our view on things. Sayings like "Ridiculous analogies", "less impressive abilities" and "childish acts", are not helping to keep the tone of the conversation on a friendly level.
    03-15-12 11:54 AM
    First it hasn't even been a year. Second they did fix it in OS 2, they eliminated it, fixed because it isn't there or an option any longer.
    Hgouck likes this.
    03-15-12 12:03 PM
    First it hasn't even been a year. Second they did fix it in OS 2, they eliminated it, fixed because it isn't there or an option any longer.
    March 22, 2011...You're right.

Still have the button after upgrading to 2.0. They did not eliminate it from my previous version. For me it's still there and a part of my OS.
    03-15-12 12:13 PM
    Delete it and move on.
    Maybe they don't have the ability to remove it from your PB through an update. Maybe they do and just haven't. I don't know the answer but it's silly issue to complain about.
    I deleted it from OS1 and haven't seen it since.
    03-15-12 12:19 PM
    By all means then continue to beat that dead horse if it makes you feel better.
    Hgouck likes this.
    03-15-12 12:22 PM
    Guys please don't feed the trolls.

I didn't even remember I had the power button in os1 because I deleted it as soon as I noticed the battery icon up top first day. It was 3x redundant and a waste of app space, use my pb daily and never once missed it. But then that is just me...
    03-15-12 12:32 PM
    March 22, 2011...You're right.
    Minor point, but for the record launch was April 19, 2011, not March 22.
    03-15-12 03:58 PM
    I don't even have power button on my playbook. That's right it was eliminate when I upgraded to 2.0. Thanks Rimm for fixing this obvious bug that has caused some many people to return their defective devices. Is this really a three page thread over an icon that was eliminate?
    If for some reason you still have his annoying bug. There is a fix. Press and hold get icon until it pulses. Than tap the same icon and choose delete. From that point forward the playbook will be repaired. Without even having to do a hard start.
    FF22 and Barljo like this.
    03-15-12 04:41 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD