crackle works great.
    06-24-11 01:05 PM
    I think the issue might be beyond RIM.

If i remember correctly, HULU and like other online streaming services, can;t just turn on service for all devices. They have to negotiate the service with the contect providers and such for each device. Desktop being separate from laptop being separate from tablet being separate from Phone Devie etc.
    06-24-11 02:25 PM
    Actually, the low estimation of 250'000 seems right, maybe even generous. NONE of my friends are wanting the PlayBook. None at all. They wither want the Samsung Galaxy Tab or the iPad. And that's out of the 1200 people on my Facebook friends list. I personally can't see the PlayBook taking off, not here in the UK anyway.
    hahah your one of those, i have 1200 FB friends. You probably talk to 100 of them and thats generous. How many Real life friends do you have? Keep your eyes open im sure youll start seeing people with them, they might not be on your friends list but doesnt mean they dont want a playbook.
    06-24-11 08:22 PM
    Actually Hulu is for sale and I would very surprised if anyone saw anything from em in the near future. Rumour is AOL may bite.
    06-24-11 11:07 PM
    Precisely. And it goes even further, for example they have to negotiate rights for each different android phone, so the droid2 can use hulu but the desire hd can't (that's just an example but it's to show how ridiculous the media companies are being).

I think the issue might be beyond RIM.

If i remember correctly, HULU and like other online streaming services, can;t just turn on service for all devices. They have to negotiate the service with the contect providers and such for each device. Desktop being separate from laptop being separate from tablet being separate from Phone Devie etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-25-11 09:14 AM
    it's remarkable how the iPeople like Scottsdale Hokie come into these CB forums and crap on BB devices and crap on comments written by people who like these devices, such as Shoots Scores... he makes a harmless suggestion that we all write in to whatever service providers we are interested in and suggest they add support to the PB. Then, predictably, along comes the hokie from Scottsdale Arizona, and he just has to make a pissy remark about PB sales being too low for any software/website developers to pay attention to. It reminds me of schoolyard bullying. And nothing more useful or productive than that.
    06-25-11 10:56 AM
    crackle works great.
    I love crackle, been using it for awhile.
    06-25-11 10:59 AM
    Then, predictably, along comes the hokie from Scottsdale Arizona, and he just has to make a pissy remark about PB sales being too low for any software/website developers to pay attention to.
    I don't know that it's fair to say sales are "too low" for developers to code apps, but I do know that device sales will do more to drive the release of more apps than letter writing. That said, letter writing certainly won't hurt.
    06-25-11 11:56 AM
    It is quite possible that some app developers are waiting to see how well the droid sandbox works on the PB before jumping in and learning the ins and outs of a new OS.
    06-25-11 12:03 PM
    I don't know that it's fair to say sales are "too low" for developers to code apps, but I do know that device sales will do more to drive the release of more apps than letter writing. That said, letter writing certainly won't hurt.
    I don't think device sales drive app development on the Blackberry platform. Blackberry was number 1 smartphone in market share for years, but it didn't do much for app tonnage in Appworld. Maybe it has something to do with corporate IT policy. Playbook will probably be no different in that respect. However, RIM generally produces good quality apps for their devices; I think (hope?)they will make some excellent apps for the Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 03:28 PM
    hahah your one of those, i have 1200 FB friends. You probably talk to 100 of them and thats generous. How many Real life friends do you have? Keep your eyes open im sure youll start seeing people with them, they might not be on your friends list but doesnt mean they dont want a playbook.
    How many of those do I know in real life? At least 1'000. And actually, I've not met ANYONE at the Uni (and I talk to loads of people) that are interested in a BlackBerry tablet. Don't make crude assumptions about me else I start adding to ignore list. I have at least 300 people on my Facebook block list for causing me trouble, so severing contact fully with people is not something I'm a stranger to. And don't think I won't do it either, because I will. And that my friend, is a guarantee. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to levelling my Shaman so I can play World of Warcraft with my real life friend.
    06-25-11 04:35 PM
    Show off a PB to your "friends" and they will be wanting one. This forum has many accounts of those who own both an ipad and a PB and it's the PB that ends up being the device of choice. Some stick with the ipad because it might have an app not currently available on the brand new PB but overall it appears that the PB is generally more useful as it is closer to in performance to a lap top than is the ipad. The portability factor is also a huge plus for the PB because the screen display is simply brilliant making the smaller display pretty much a non-issue.
    06-25-11 04:46 PM
    I'd strongly recommend that PB owners fire off cordially worded requests to sites that currently don't support this new device about when support will be forthcoming.

Below is a reply to an email I sent to Hulu customer service. Obviously other owners have requested service and these requests have put the PB on their "radar" as Stephen put it.

"Thanks for writing in about Hulu on the BlackBerry PlayBook. Unfortunately, due to the contractual agreements with our content providers, we have to have a certain set of agreements set up with a device manufacturer before we can provide support for that device. We have no partnership with BlackBerry at this time, so we can't currently stream through their device.

We get a lot of requests for BlackBerry support, so it's definitely something that's on our radar. Though we can't support it right now, we are continually evaluating new technologies, and will be adding more devices based on user demand. Stay tuned!

We have plans to bring Hulu Plus to as many devices as possible. For up to date info on which devices are currently supported or have been announced, you can go to ( Hulu - Plus ). On this page, you can even sign up to be notified of availability on upcoming devices.

If there's anything else I can address for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Hulu Support"
    How about a better idea. How about giving us a switch like other tablet browsers that let us select how the browser shows itself to a website. (ie, ff, safari, etc.)

Or another browser like Atomic Browser that has it built in...
    06-26-11 11:41 AM
    I assumed nothing, I asked how many were "real life friends" not " how many you know in real life". You misreead my comment and flamed me based on your misinformation. I also know thousands of people, but how many i can say are friends, confidants, people i enjoy and trust doesn't even come close to that number. 300 blocks on facebook because people "caused you trouble", sounds like your annoying and cant enjoy other peoples opinions. Go ahead and block me i have enough REAL friends. I am also not on facebook so i wont bother you there. Enjoy your life and what it brings you, i hope you make 1000 more friends this year alone!
    How many of those do I know in real life? At least 1'000. And actually, I've not met ANYONE at the Uni (and I talk to loads of people) that are interested in a BlackBerry tablet. Don't make crude assumptions about me else I start adding to ignore list. I have at least 300 people on my Facebook block list for causing me trouble, so severing contact fully with people is not something I'm a stranger to. And don't think I won't do it either, because I will. And that my friend, is a guarantee. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to levelling my Shaman so I can play World of Warcraft with my real life friend.
    03-24-13 01:46 PM
    Did you seriously just reply to a two year old argument? Seriously?
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    03-24-13 04:42 PM
    Did you seriously just reply to a two year old argument? Seriously?
    To be fair, it was more like 21 months.
    k_evjen likes this.
    03-24-13 06:00 PM
    I thought Hulu like Netflix, it's US base. Which would mean only playbook owners in the States. So the number of playbook owners that want Hulu could not be that big.
    03-24-13 10:21 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD