Does anyone know when the Playbook will be released on Sprint and if you can get just the WiFi model? because I dont want the 3G/4G I am almost always in a wifi area!

Also can you pre-order it?
    02-20-11 04:58 PM
    There is nothing official...yet

The only thing we know:
    It will be availabe on March 31th in US... But maybe later on Sprint...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 05:03 PM
    Does anyone know when the Playbook will be released on Sprint and if you can get just the WiFi model? because I dont want the 3G/4G I am almost always in a wifi area!

Also can you pre-order it?
    Let me clarify that a bit. What has been said is that the WiFi only PlayBook will launch in Quarter 1, thus by March 31. As for the 4G Sprint WiMax version won't launch until summer (a bit ambiguous) so maybe August?

So Yes, you will be able to buy the WiFi only version and much sooner than the Sprint version.
    02-20-11 05:16 PM
    Ah, all I need is the WiFi version! Since I'll be using my Playbook at home! Thanks for the info guys
    02-20-11 05:17 PM
    RIM is notorious for not announcing anything they can be held to. No official release dates have yet been coughed up, and seeing that we just put week 3 of February in the can leaving a measily 5 weeks left in Q1, its highly likely it means they are no longer confident enough to give one.

02-20-11 06:36 PM
    Kevin in the last podcast said that he's heard Sasktel in Canada is getting it April 15. US carriers will probably get it a few weeks before that. Lets stop whining again about release dates.
    02-20-11 06:39 PM
    Kevin in the last podcast said that he's heard Sasktel in Canada is getting it April 15. US carriers will probably get it a few weeks before that. Lets stop whining again about release dates.
    Yea I heard that today listening to their podcast... And if US outlets are indeed scheduled to get them first, then surely they will be available by March 31.

Good luck on stopping the release date chatter. All it takes to get this forum bubbling is another wild and unsupported supposition... Superbowl, mwc, whatever is next....

02-21-11 10:46 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just buy the wifi playbook and tether it to your 3g blackberry mobile device and then the playbook will be running 3g right? I don't see the point of a 3g/4g playbook if you can just tether it with your mobile device and then use the wifi from the playbook whenever you have wifi access.

02-21-11 11:19 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just buy the wifi playbook and tether it to your 3g blackberry mobile device and then the playbook will be running 3g right? I don't see the point of a 3g/4g playbook if you can just tether it with your mobile device and then use the wifi from the playbook whenever you have wifi access.

If you don't have a BlackBerry
    02-21-11 11:20 AM
    If you don't have a BlackBerry
    Oh yeah that's true, but I bet most of the people buying playbooks will already be blackberry users.

02-21-11 03:28 PM
    I'll have my hands on a sprint playbook hopefully this friday, not to keep but to check it out first hand
    02-21-11 04:42 PM
    waiting for the sprint version as well ... shame no news on release
    06-02-11 07:24 AM
    a flyer that was leaked a while back said sprint was delaying their playbook
    06-02-11 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD