Just got the PB at the $200 price point and this is my first post. I love it.
    So worth it.

But, I have noticed a few minor things I'm hoping to solve.

First, heavier sites, and some light, produce slow scrolling.
    At times, I'll drag my finger the entire length of the screen when scrolling
    and the web page will only scroll a few lines, as opposed to matching my finger
    drag. What gives?

Second, when I finger scroll, anytime my finger touchs an ad when I'm
    dragging my finger to scroll, pb acts like I tapped it and will open the site. This is
    annoying.

I have been doing bezel scrolling to help both of these issues, with varying
    success. Any ideas?

Third, there doesn't seem to be any auto-predictive typing. Such as, auto capital
    at the beginning of a sentence or when I type "i." Nor does it do a "." after a double space
    bar tap.

Fourth, repositioning the cursor in text lacks the long press to bring up a magnifying
    of that area to enable precise cursor placement.

Are there setting adjustments for any of these? Will version 2.0
    bring relief to any of these ailments?
    12-26-11 11:10 PM
    Turn off your flash and java script in your browser settings and the web loading and browsing is much snappier.
    12-26-11 11:27 PM
    That did help speed it up. But I do like my flash. That's what makes pb better then other tablets. I feel I can do most anything on this pb device that i can on a desktop.
    12-26-11 11:34 PM
    That did help speed it up. But I do like my flash. That's what makes pb better then other tablets. I feel I can do most anything on this pb device that i can on a desktop.
    welcome to the world of mobile flash. buggy and slow. if only there were some sort of adblock hack you could add to the playbook like iOS and android both have. you could block annoying ads that slow the page down but not block videos etc you want to watch.
    12-27-11 12:04 AM
    Actually, turning off javascript is generally all that is necessary to smooth out scrolling. Leave Flash ON.

As for TYPING - one of my pet beefs. In reply boxes like this on Crackberry, there is NO autotext, suggestive text or punctuation/capitalization. It will show a misspelled word but then it's up to you. And cursor placement can be tedious at best - you can pinch/zoom the reply box and get a slightly better cursor control.

In Email, PERIODS and CASE will be entered automatically and "dont" will be changed to "don't" etc. But still no spelling corrections only the RED underline showing the mistake.

Word-to-go have the email and will also suggestion spelling fixes.

So, inconsistency is its hallmark!

And, yes, I open too many ads wrongly and wind up seeing Crackberrians' profiles more than I want (also accidental openings)
    12-27-11 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD