I had this installed before my OS upgrade. After OS upgrade I want to reinstall it. But now it seems gone from AppWorld? Anyone knows what happened to Splashtop?
    07-28-12 12:09 PM
    I had this installed before my OS upgrade. After OS upgrade I want to reinstall it. But now it seems gone from AppWorld? Anyone knows what happened to Splashtop?
    If you had it already then it should be there. Did you look in uninstalled list?
    07-28-12 12:28 PM
    I had a hard rime finding it the otherday too doesnt show in searches:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...63170/?lang=en
    07-28-12 12:38 PM
    I just tried to buy it from that link and got the error message that the app is no longer available.
    07-28-12 02:59 PM
    They had so many complaints from Blackberry users that the bridge does not work with it. Also that outside your lan it was useless to access your pc's via 3g tether or hotspot.
    07-28-12 04:06 PM
    If it's been pulled, that's a shame. I just looked myself and it's not in App World. Luckily, I still have it installed. It works great for me and I troubleshoot work computers sitting right here at home. I also use it to view the security cameras at work.

I'll be sure NOT to delete it!
    07-28-12 04:43 PM
    My guess, and its just that, a guess, is that the removal is temporary. A few weeks ago I was prompted on my PCs to upgrade to a new version where they were using their own service to host the IP addresses of the desktop machines, rather than using Gmail. My guess is that they don't have the Playbook upgrade ready yet and pulled the old version because the PC software has been updated. That being the case, mine still works with the upgraded PC software. Their website still shows the press release from May for the Enterprise version and there is nothing indicating the Playbook has been dropped. So I am hoping this is temporary. Has anyone emailed them?
    07-28-12 10:12 PM
    Could be because of the upcoming update for the playbook (OS 2.1) ?
    07-29-12 01:18 AM
    I email them,i got no reply as of yet. I do notice it only shows app store and google play on their website.:-(. I have this app and i had everyone in my family that has a playbook buy it and we all love it. I really hope they bring it back. We have a smart a_s here saying it didnt work on bridge or hot spot, is he kidding it works great off bridge or hot spot and is a 5 star app. Some people just like to talk smack.
    07-29-12 04:43 AM
    Hi Guys,

I sent them a support request to ask if v2 was coming to playbook. the reply was that they are discussing internally whether or not the playbook will get the new version.....I guess not if its been pulled
    07-29-12 05:15 AM
    Also that outside your lan it was useless to access your pc's via 3g tether or hotspot.
    I'm not sure where this is coming from..... I access my computer all the time at work while tethered to my 3G Cell phone and I have absolutely no problems at all connecting or using it.
    07-29-12 08:20 AM
    I email them,i got no reply as of yet. I do notice it only shows app store and google play on their website.:-(. I have this app and i had everyone in my family that has a playbook buy it and we all love it. I really hope they bring it back. We have a smart a_s here saying it didnt work on bridge or hot spot, is he kidding it works great off bridge or hot spot and is a 5 star app. Some people just like to talk smack.
    The app does not work via Bridge. I disable wifi on my Playbook & the connection is lost even though it's bridged to my 9930..
    07-29-12 08:26 AM
    I had Deleted or Uninstalled it as I really did not use it much and remote from Starbucks was a bust in my testing. But after this discussion I went looking on my UNinstalled list. Last night I had no problems REinstalling it.
    07-29-12 09:22 AM
    I'm not sure where this is coming from..... I access my computer all the time at work while tethered to my 3G Cell phone and I have absolutely no problems at all connecting or using it.
    Oh I guess from the hours and hours I have played with it. And the few dozen tickets I have with them. And the fact they told me they were trying to fix it. Works perfect inside my house. Many others are complaing about it.
    07-29-12 10:38 PM
    Its another....works for some....and doesnt for others. Oh it does not work on bridge 100%
    jessedawson628 and rcozzo like this.
    07-29-12 10:40 PM
    Hi Brian,
    Thanks for your inquiry.
    Don't worry, we'll continuously support the App on playbook. Since recently we just found there is a bug on the App, so we removed it from app world temporarily. We have already uploaded a new version, but the new version needs some days to pass the review so that it can get available again.

Hope this helps, thank you!

So this is great news
    07-31-12 03:18 AM
    Splashtop 2 Support, Jul 31 00:10 (PDT):
    Hi Brian,
    Thanks for your inquiry.
    Don't worry, we'll continuously support the App on playbook. Since recently we just found there is a bug on the App, so we removed it from app world temporarily. We have already uploaded a new version, but the new version needs some days to pass the review so that it can get available again.

Hope this helps, thank you!

Regards,
    Splashtop Support Team

Brian Heffren, Jul 30 04:56 (PDT):
    tonyron227 likes this.
    07-31-12 05:26 AM
    Splashtop is back on app world but it is the same version.
    07-31-12 05:12 PM
    I love this App and use it frequently on my PB.

I recommended it to my brother for use while traveling. He has an iPad2 which I gave him. It would really be useful for him during his trip.

What I discovered while helping him install it is this: SplashTop Remote for the iOS has recently changed their billing model.

When I bought it for the PlayBook - I got unlimited use. Now, when you buy the new version for iOS at 2.99 - you get unlimited use while on the same network (like in your house on your WiFi network PC and iPad are on same IP). But, if you want to use it outside the same network, like when your PC is at your house and your out remoting into it with your tablet, you have to pay a monthly fee or an annual fee.

I am hoping this same business model doesn't come over to the PB. I did read that prior users were grandfathered in. But, new users were going to have to pay $10 per year for the service...
    07-31-12 07:20 PM
    baldo, sometimes the issue happens in other areas of the communication path. It most likely was impacting new registrations.

Glad its back up, fantastic app, worth the $$$.
    08-01-12 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD