SplashTop has just released it's version 2 and the free upgrade doesn't include Blackberry devices namely the PB. Even though this has nothing to do with RIM itself, IMO this doesn't look good for us PB user's future.
    06-27-12 09:47 AM
    Anyone ever wonder since the OS is going thru more changes again that might break something that some apps are waiting for the change to update so they don't get complaints about something not working when it will need the OS update to work properly?
    06-27-12 10:04 AM
    SplashTop has just released it's version 2 and the free upgrade doesn't include Blackberry devices namely the PB. Even though this has nothing to do with RIM itself, IMO this doesn't look good for us PB user's future.
    Based on your logic then Android users future doesn't look good either, since Splashtop 2.0 is not yet available for it either.

Only the iOS version was released today. Perhaps the more logical view would be that the other versions are not complete yet.
    06-27-12 10:55 AM
    Based on your logic then Android users future doesn't look good either, since Splashtop 2.0 is not yet available for it either.

Only the iOS version was released today. Perhaps the more logical view would be that the other versions are not complete yet.

Shao.... logic.. come on now whats the world coming to?
    joski and kozmo68 like this.
    06-27-12 10:58 AM
    Actually, this is a app that I think RIM should take a serious look at providing or working tightly with a developer to perfect. This is important for the business users.
    06-27-12 11:24 AM
    Made the mistake of installing the "upgrade" and now it won't connect. Boooooo!!!
    Luckily I still have the older version on file! Down-grading now.
    06-27-12 01:09 PM
    I installed Splashtop 2.0 on my PC, I am able to connect with first version of Splashtop.
    Did you create an account with Splashtop?
    06-27-12 01:41 PM
    Thanks guys. Ive been having trouble and didnt even think they would offer an upgrade to a client that uses a device the update doesnt support. !
    06-27-12 04:41 PM
    I installed Splashtop 2.0 on my PC, I am able to connect with first version of Splashtop.
    Did you create an account with Splashtop?
    How do you create an splashtop account? i don't see anywhere on their website how to create one, my impression is that you have to create it from within the ipad app.

Edit: found the opption from within the streamer app, for some reason it wasnt available until i restarted the app.
    Last edited by PanaSama; 06-27-12 at 05:34 PM.
    06-27-12 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD