I posted this in the 9810 forum, but am also posting here since many folks may not visit there.

After getting Mecca's hybrid to run on my 9810 I ran some speed tests for comparison. I measured Mobile Hotspot, tether, and bridge using my PlayBook. Mobile Hotspot is a little buggy (sometimes shuts down inexplicably), but I think most folks will like the speeds.

Interesting that tethering isn't significantly faster than bridge.
    bluetroll and jajano like this.
    01-03-12 02:39 PM
    I posted this in the 9810 forum, but am also posting here since many folks may not visit there.

After getting Mecca's hybrid to run on my 9810 I ran some speed tests for comparison. I measured Mobile Hotspot, tether, and bridge using my PlayBook. Mobile Hotspot is a little buggy (sometimes shuts down inexplicably), but I think most folks will like the speeds.

Interesting that tethering isn't significantly faster than bridge.
    wow those speeds suck, with my Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 wifi hotspot, I get close to 6Mb downloads, and tethering is usually less then 1.5mbs.
    01-03-12 02:51 PM
    wow those speeds suck, with my Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 wifi hotspot, I get close to 6Mb downloads, and tethering is usually less then 1.5mbs.
    It's all relative, brother . I just came from a 9800 with no tethering nor even 4g. Remember that thehotspot for 9810 is an early hybrid. It's gonna get better.
    01-03-12 03:06 PM
    It's all relative, brother . I just came from a 9800 with no tethering nor even 4g. Remember that thehotspot for 9810 is an early hybrid. It's gonna get better.
    very true, but the bold 9930 is the only berry right now with official 7.1 status right now. The 9900 is on a leaked hybrid as well that is still very buggy as well. I believe you and I are actually using the same version of os 7.1 just for different phones.
    01-03-12 03:08 PM
    very true, but the bold 9930 is the only berry right now with official 7.1 status right now. The 9900 is on a leaked hybrid as well that is still very buggy as well. I believe you and I are actually using the same version of os 7.1 just for different phones.
    Yeah, don't know why it may be faster on the 9900. But speed tests are notoriously inconsistent. Different sites give wildly different results, and even the same site differs over time. Lot of variables at play. I guess my point is that the hotspot speeds are promising. Even if our results are typical and the 9810 speeds are slower, that doesn't make them bad. Big difference between not as good and "sucks".
    01-04-12 06:07 AM
    On my Sprint Bold 9930, hotspot speed absolutely SUCKS. .24 download; .10 upload, grade of F-. Will not stream or play videos. Not much difference from bridge connection.

That goes to show you how much Sprint sucks.
    01-04-12 10:32 AM
    On my Sprint Bold 9930, hotspot speed absolutely SUCKS. .24 download; .10 upload, grade of F-. Will not stream or play videos. Not much difference from bridge connection.

That goes to show you how much Sprint sucks.
    That must be how Sprint can afford to advertise an unlimited data plan.
    01-04-12 11:04 AM
    That must be how Sprint can afford to advertise an unlimited data plan.
    Exactly!

I wish Verizon did buyouts ...
    01-04-12 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD