What if?.........Just as EA had access to the beta NDK.......for the launch of Need for Speed.......back in April 2011.....wait for it....

Companies such as Hulu, Skype, Netflix etc have access to and are currently using the closed beta of Cascades with the NDK

These App heavyweights could be apart of RIM's 2.0 strategy ......just saying

It's almost a given that some heavyweights have access to the closed beta of Cascades ..........just a question of who......and what's brewing on the App front

Wait for it...........
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 02-03-12 at 06:54 PM.
    02-03-12 06:48 PM
    I wont be holding my breath.
    02-03-12 06:56 PM
    I wont be holding my breath.
    I'm not either.....However, It's almost a given that some Major App developer/'s have access to Cascades
    02-03-12 07:06 PM
    This is a good speculation got me thinking!
    02-03-12 07:17 PM
    You have something wrong with your right eye? It seems to be very twitchy.
    missing_K-W and lma13 like this.
    02-03-12 07:28 PM
    Cascades is at the heart of PB 2.0/BB10.....With Alec Saunders reaching out to devs and going on record acknowledging that there are some surprises in store for the 2.0 release. There is this striking feeling I get, that just makes too much sense......And that would be that Cascades is in the hands of some major development firms
    02-03-12 07:29 PM
    You have something wrong with your right eye? It seems to be very twitchy.
    Wouldn't the left be the right eye?
    02-03-12 07:52 PM
    never seen so many winky faces in a single post before LOL. I can see your speculation though and that would be nice it they did 'backdoor' those for us when PBOS 2.0 comes out.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    02-03-12 08:02 PM
    Rims. New modo #BeBold, yes that would be awesome but I won't hold my breath. Alec says we are in for a treat with the new os but any upgrade at this point is a treat so who knows what the surprises will be. I'm expecting very little but hoping for the best. That way I don't get let down.
    02-03-12 08:44 PM
    What if?.........Just as EA had access to the beta NDK.......for the launch of Need for Speed.......back in April 2011.....wait for it....

Companies such as Hulu, Skype, Netflix etc have access to and are currently using the closed beta of Cascades with the NDK

These App heavyweights could be apart of RIM's 2.0 strategy ......just saying

It's almost a given that some heavyweights have access to the closed beta of Cascades ..........just a question of who......and what's brewing on the App front

Wait for it...........
    ...and what if RIM had secretly cut a deal with Apple/Google and all iPad/Android apps will suddenly work, and they also came up with a new feature that will let WIFI tablets pick up cellular signals wherever you go and you never have to pay for anything. Sorry, that is all just as likely....
    02-03-12 08:45 PM
    ...and what if RIM had secretly cut a deal with Apple/Google and all iPad/Android apps will suddenly work, and they also came up with a new feature that will let WIFI tablets pick up cellular signals wherever you go and you never have to pay for anything. Sorry, that is all just as likely....
    Well not too toot my own horn, however this time last year when I mentioned around the forum how RIM was going to target every development framework (Qt,Phyton,FULL open source, etc) , have the best browser by leaps and bounds, and run Android better then OEMs, people thought I was being disillusioned.....This all seems to be the case one year later.....With the exception of Android....However RIM in short order will infact have the best Android runtime .....and why would this all be the case???? It's very simple.....QNX

Cascades being in the hands of major app players....don't kid yourselves.....it's not a question of if...more so a question of who is currently utilizing Cascades Expect big things....I am
    02-03-12 09:01 PM
    You hage to figure that anything less than some surprise like this would be disappointing. At CES, they have already shown native email, calendar contacts, etc. If they just released what they already demo'd at CES and nothing else, they run a big risk of delivering and the market just simply saying "yup PB 2.0 is what should have been originally delivered"

For it to be a home run, they need some surprise...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jeffreytoronto; 02-03-12 at 10:19 PM.
    02-03-12 10:15 PM
    Speculation : Some people are going to be disappointed.
    02-03-12 10:27 PM
    As far as cascades go I would be delighted if rim released the media app they showed off awhile back. That looked sick. I'd be happy with that alone as far as cascades go.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    02-04-12 02:54 AM
    As far as cascades go I would be delighted if rim released the media app they showed off awhile back. That looked sick. I'd be happy with that alone as far as cascades go.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    Which media application is that?
    02-04-12 02:22 PM
    I think if it were true, we would have seen some sort of leak. A (real) screen shot at the minimum.
    02-05-12 09:49 AM
    I think if it were true, we would have seen some sort of leak. A (real) screen shot at the minimum.
    Who knows at this point. They could have kept it locked down for various reasons. I'm not willing to discount any speculation. That said, I'm just hoping the "surprises" Saunders referred to isn't something like Plants v. Zombies. I'm not a betting man, but if I were to bet, I would put money on Skype given that the PB hardware is a natural for it. I would perhaps throw in Netflix as well just on marketing level alone.
    02-05-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD