if the Q10 can do it, the playbook can, too...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nshots-856668/
    10-02-13 11:03 PM
    Nice I really hope so
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-02-13 11:06 PM
    you are missing the point. BB10 was running on the dev devices with 1 gb or RAM too but it wasnt the best experience. It would be worse with the PB since it has a slower processor also. RUNNING is the key term here as it takes on different meanings..
    10-02-13 11:08 PM
    It definitely can do it
    Personally, as part of BL, I wish we had access to the last build of BB10 they had for the PB
    I think it definitely won't be as smooth as 2 gb ram, especially on a newer OS, which generally takes around 1.1 gb ram
    If you start running android runtime, then you get into laggy issues, but nothing that isn't new on the PB
    Hopefully, in the future we will be able to see BB10 on the PB in some form or another
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-02-13 11:09 PM
    Haven't we seen enough threads complaining about PlayBook checkerboarding?!?
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-02-13 11:11 PM
    Righteous

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR and needforbbx like this.
    10-02-13 11:13 PM
    haven't we seen enough negative posts,,, you're supposed to know better,,, & there is no mention of checkerboarding here...
    10-02-13 11:17 PM
    you are missing the point. BB10 was running on the dev devices with 1 gb or RAM too but it wasnt the best experience. It would be worse with the PB since it has a slower processor also. RUNNING is the key term here as it takes on different meanings..
    have you seen this w/ your own eyes???
    10-02-13 11:18 PM
    It definitely can do it
    Personally, as part of BL, I wish we had access to the last build of BB10 they had for the PB
    I think it definitely won't be as smooth as 2 gb ram, especially on a newer OS, which generally takes around 1.1 gb ram
    If you start running android runtime, then you get into laggy issues, but nothing that isn't new on the PB
    Hopefully, in the future we will be able to see BB10 on the PB in some form or another
    Do you think you could gain access to information as to how many months of work was actually put into BB10 for PlayBook.
    Since no one has been able to gain access to any inside information on BB10 for PlayBook (the CB Community has plenty of people with gold sources) , it almost feels like either there was never a BB10 for PlayBook or all leaks are willfully leaked by BlackBerry as per some inside unofficially agreement between the team as they have been very successful to keep the PlayBook builds a secret.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:23 PM
    Is there checkerboarding with the bb10 beta's browser on the playbook?

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-02-13 11:34 PM
    haven't we seen enough negative posts,,, you're supposed to know better,,, & there is no mention of checkerboarding here...
    I know better than to get people's hopes up, and enough to interject some reality. The PlayBook is darn good, but unfortunately wasn't built well enough.
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-02-13 11:39 PM
    Why isn't nonsense like this closed immediately?

BlackBerry 10 isn't coming to the PlayBook. Could it run on the PlayBook? Yes. Would it be anything like on a Z10/Q10/Z30? No.

End of story. Move on.

#KeepMoving
    10-02-13 11:41 PM
    Do you think you could gain access to information as to how many months of work was actually put into BB10 for PlayBook.
    Since no one has been able to gain access to any inside information on BB10 for PlayBook (the CB Community has plenty of people with gold sources) , it almost feels like either there was never a BB10 for PlayBook or all leaks are willfully leaked by BlackBerry as per some inside unofficially agreement between the team as they have been very successful to keep the PlayBook builds a secret.

Posted via CB10
    I have my personal sources outside of the team, but I haven't gotten any information in regards to this
    From what I know, I'm fairly certain it was developed up until the week they made the announcement that it wasn't
    I try to post whatever information I can get from my sources on the forum if I think they info should be released. If it's internal information, then I won't
    But, I can guarantee that the team does not have access to BB10 for PB currently
    10-02-13 11:50 PM
    if the Q10 can do it, the playbook can, too...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nshots-856668/
    The thread indicates that this is not a production model Q10 which has 2 GB of RAM. The playbook will definitely operate with some earlier versions of BB10. Heins never said it wouldn't but said he concluded that too many users would not be satisfied with it. If you are happy to run just a couple of apps at a time that don't require a lot of RAM and CPU maybe a version of BB10 would be OK.
    10-02-13 11:54 PM
    We know they didn't like the results they got in the PlayBook, so don't expect this to go anywhere. OP admitted in the 1G thread that functionality was limited. But as long as y'all don't start fighting and being silly, you can chew on it.
    SEAWARRIOR and FF22 like this.
    10-02-13 11:59 PM
    I have my personal sources outside of the team, but I haven't gotten any information in regards to this
    From what I know, I'm fairly certain it was developed up until the week they made the announcement that it wasn't
    I try to post whatever information I can get from my sources on the forum if I think they info should be released. If it's internal information, then I won't
    But, I can guarantee that the team does not have access to BB10 for PB currently
    Thanks for the clarifications. So BlackBerry does a fantastic job when it wants to plug the leaks.
    I used that the development team for BB10 for PlayBook was small and the leaker could be easily discovered for fear of which no one made it public. But I am sure that OS 2.1 team must be much smaller and still it leaked.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 12:29 AM
    Aside from that, no one will ever know how well it would and would not run. It's beating a dead horse.
    Also, I don't share the same amount of patience with this as my fellow mod team. We're done here. No offense SEAWARRIOR.
    10-03-13 01:15 AM