The priority is pretty simple --- RIM only sold about 1.5 million Playbooks to-date. RIM can live without its tablet business. RIM cannot live without its smartphone business.
    Very very true statement for sure as its like apple.
    CallMeNop likes this.
    01-30-13 01:06 PM
    Wow they have a lot of work to do then, so why launch BB10 now and not in march or may like specutation is now for a PB having BB10, basically get the OS stuff done first before ever stating a launch, don't go saying cause of the new phones, heck they could of waited till may to do all of this and have PB updated too at that time.
    Because RIM can survive without the tablet business, but they cannot survive without the smartphone business. Delaying BB10 until the tablet version is ready would be pennywise and dollar stupid.
    xamdam likes this.
    01-30-13 01:07 PM
    Why wouldn't they not upgrade it its halfway there and some of the stuff on the new phone was tested on playbook they now run the same OS = QNX
    Take a look here lots of investment's going on.
    RIM – BB10 True End-Game is QNX & NOC! � Serious Mobile
    QNX – Imagined: Your car in the not-so-distant future � Serious Mobile
    BB10 Enterprising Mobility: Possible Future � Serious Mobile
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2012/01/...laybook-video/
    I see no Ipads, Apple's are for eating.
    01-30-13 01:21 PM
    The priority is pretty simple --- RIM only sold about 1.5 million Playbooks to-date. RIM can live without its tablet business. RIM cannot live without its smartphone business.
    Wrong! Tablet sales have increased every year and are expected to Boom in 2013. If RIM wants to usher in a new era of mobile computing then they must have at least A TABLET offering.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    chaosdivine likes this.
    01-30-13 01:53 PM
    They shouldn't have launched BB10 for PLAYBOOK today.

They should have launched BBM and or an update that would allow for Native Cascade apps to be Available for download from the PlayBook.

PlayBook won't see any new apps now. Not for a long time. BB killed the PLAYBOOK today along side the RIM name.

chaosdivine likes this.
    01-30-13 01:56 PM
    They shouldn't have launched BB10 for PLAYBOOK today.

I was not aware they HAD launched BB10 for the Playbook today........
    01-30-13 02:13 PM
    BB10 *is* coming to the PB current version.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    01-30-13 02:20 PM
    Hey folks, don't let that hook get too deep in your mouth
    Denenatse likes this.
    01-30-13 03:31 PM
    We don't even know if "PlayBook" is the future tablet name. Thor clearly meant existing tablets.
    01-30-13 03:37 PM
    Find me a Quote where he said that plz.
    Really? She has no reason to openly lie about it. -10
    01-30-13 03:49 PM
    I am willing to bet when Blackberry Ceo stated we will be upgrading PB to BB10 he mean't that a NEW pb will be out with BB10.

I am willing to bet that older PB's will not have BB10 update...... why i say this is because all STORES are discontinuing the PB's...... DISCO = NO MORE coming, so = New PB = NEW PB with BB10.

Why Upgrade older PB's when they can make money selling NEW PB's with BB10 on it.. ????????
    There will be no more Playbooks....Blackberry is getting out of the Tablet Business...they can't make money selling Tablets. They are in the phone selling business....and they are in it to make money....as they should be...... I own a playbook...i'm happy with my playbook and i'm looking forward to bb10....or not...lol
    01-30-13 05:26 PM
    Why are retailers clearing out wifi Playbooks? To sell 4G Playbooks & make more profit. The new Playbooks, combined with new BB10 improvements will make them much easier to sell.

How many car dealers & TV retailers sell two year old cars as new?

We Playbook users made BB10 possible. And many of us will buy BB10 phones as soon as possible. What purpose would there be to NOT upgrade our Playbooks?
    01-30-13 05:41 PM
    This thread should have been closed after the 14th post lol
    01-30-13 07:03 PM
    I singled this one out of a whole pile of links today: The Few Who Bought PlayBooks Can Look Forward to BlackBerry 10 Update | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    CEO Thorsten Heins says the company plans to provide its latest OS to all existing PlayBooks. Heins made the announcement Wednesday during a Q&A session after BlackBerry�s New York launch of the OS and first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the Q10 and Z10.
    It IS coming (apparently) - but no timetable announced. Speculation is Q2 or Q3 (can't remember where I read that though, so it might not be too reliable). I'm a very new Blackberry user and have no idea if Blackberry has a habit of living up to announcements that they make, but there are plenty of stories repeating the above out there at the moment.
    01-30-13 07:20 PM
    It is coming. . Look for it in spring. You'll see that on the developer support forums from RIM.

I've heard they have a team now working on it. But it takes many, many months with builds and sizing and testing. And right now they need to keep the majority of their staff on the keyboard series.

Agreed with scrid2000, this post could've been locked awhile ago

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    01-30-13 07:39 PM
    Oh so your saying May is when we MAY see it on PB's Older or newer?

Care to present any info that states this as for sure from Blackberry themselves?
    I'll have some of what he's smoking.
    01-30-13 07:50 PM
    I just watched the Thorsten Heins interview on CNBC...he said the Playbook will be getting BB10...did not give a timeframe. It is more important for them to work on the phones first. I love my PlayBook the way it is...I will gladly wait patiently...it will come.
    01-30-13 07:59 PM
    Another troll.
    01-30-13 09:59 PM
    I am willing to bet when Blackberry Ceo stated we will be upgrading PB to BB10 he mean't that a NEW pb will be out with BB10.

I am willing to bet that older PB's will not have BB10 update...... why i say this is because all STORES are discontinuing the PB's...... DISCO = NO MORE coming, so = New PB = NEW PB with BB10.

Why Upgrade older PB's when they can make money selling NEW PB's with BB10 on it.. ????????
    I totally agree, you want BB10 go get the new Playbook.
    But watch out for the troll patrol.
    01-30-13 10:20 PM
    Ok ok i will state this i will wait till end of march is all and leave this thread as that.
    bye.....
    01-30-13 11:25 PM
    [QUOTE=xamdam;7904596Why Upgrade older PB's when they can make money selling NEW PB's with BB10 on it.. ????????[/QUOTE]

Did you really just ask this? 1. RIM wants to take care of all of its current user base by delivering the BB10 to the PlayBook as they have promised all along. 2. You realize that RIM pushing BB10 to the PlayBook costs them minimal amount of money and could spur sales of those current PB users looking to upgrade to a newer version (ie. 10 in PB).
    01-30-13 11:32 PM
    This thread is weirdly interesting. From my point of view, most people here want BB10 more than a PB with BB10. And since BB10 phones will be available to all before PB BB10, why bother for now?
    01-31-13 12:24 AM
    I have a playbook,well, my son has a PB and I am excited to get a serving of BB10. If not, i'm getting a BB10 phone!
    01-31-13 01:22 AM
    The playbook was a big flop and what almost costs RIM life... Do you really think their next gen tablet will be called.... Playbook?

So when he said all PB would get the update, he was refering to THE playbook, as we currently know it... Trust me, you wouldn't even had 2.0 if the PB was that dead...
    I would say that the pb was part of rim's problem but introducing no new phones for mlre than a year was more critical.
    01-31-13 01:34 AM
    I just watched the Thorsten Heins interview on CNBC...he said the Playbook will be getting BB10...did not give a timeframe. It is more important for them to work on the phones first. I love my PlayBook the way it is...I will gladly wait patiently...it will come.
    Exactly. I'm happy I got what I paid for

Anything more is a bonus
    01-31-13 02:43 AM
98 1234