IF they do NOT upgrade our current BBPB's to BB10 software, I am sure there are going to be a lot of disgruntled people who will NOT buy a new BB10PB and will leave BB in the dust, me included.. I hope they will upgrade us old hangers on....
    chaosdivine likes this.
    01-30-13 11:49 AM
    Trust me, you'd be much better off with an Ipad. Don't wait until March, go get it now and then you can add it to your list of hardware in your signature line
    Oh i despise Ipad and apple, trust me that will never happen.
    slparry likes this.
    01-30-13 11:49 AM
    Oh so your saying May is when we MAY see it on PB's Older or newer?

Care to present any info that states this as for sure from Blackberry themselves?
    The info was given to me by my friend that works at BB (RIM). And yes, by the end of May, there will be an update to BlackBerry 10 os, except for you.... Mr Cranky pants!!!
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    IF they do NOT upgrade our current BBPB's to BB10 software, I am sure there are going to be a lot of disgruntled people who will NOT buy a new BB10PB and will leave BB in the dust, me included.. I hope they will upgrade us old hangers on....
    Well all i am saying is what u are saying except i will sell my PB if they don't do so very soon and i mean within a months time, not MAY like speculated by others here.
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    I can wait for the PB BB10 update until it is good and ready, until then, my PB works fine, it is fast stable and reliable...
    Denenatse likes this.
    01-30-13 11:54 AM
    The info was given to me by my friend that works at BB. And yes, by the end of May, there will be an update to BlackBerry 10 os, except for you.... Mr Cranky pants!!!
    Lmao ok so umm can i speak to this person your friend so i can clarify your info?

Well i may just call Blackberry up and ask em, but i bet i get same old answer, yes we will be upgrading PB's, ok which ones new ones or old ones? i bet they say all PB's, ok does this imply New PB production line or old ones?

Hey blackberry why update older ones when you can make money on new ones?, well simple we hate making that much money.... LOL

I sure hope they update the older PB's, but like any company in hardware market....... they may update, but some features won't be on it though ..... as only NEWER ones will have this or that feature....... forcing us to buy NEW PB's or tablets whatever they call them, Maybe Lenovo will buy em out or have a deal made and produce tablets for BB?
    01-30-13 11:55 AM
    Lmao ok so umm can i speak to this person your friend so i can clarify your info?

Well i may just call Blackberry up and ask em, but i bet i get same old answer, yes we will be upgrading PB's, ok which ones new ones or old ones? i bet they say all PB's, ok does this imply New PB production line or old ones?

Hey blackberry why update older ones when you can make money on new ones?, well simple we hate making that much money.... LOL

I sure hope they update the older PB's, but like any company in hardware market....... they may update, but some features won't be on it though ..... as only NEWER ones will have this or that feature....... forcing us to buy NEW PB's or tablets whatever they call them, Maybe Lenovo will buy em out or have a deal made and produce tablets for BB?
    YES THE OLD ONES WILL BE UPDATED... ALL PLAYBOOKS NEW AND OLD WILL BE UPGRADED TO BB10OS!!!! OMG WHY ARE YOU BEING AN A$$????

And no, you can't have my friends contact, because I have his personal bbm and phone number and his parents address (as I dated his sister last year)
    01-30-13 12:00 PM

And I can bet you, besides a higher processor, there won't be new features that can't be utilized by the old PlayBook. Now run along....
    01-30-13 12:01 PM
    YES THE OLD ONES WILL BE UPDATED... ALL PLAYBOOKS NEW AND OLD WILL BE UPGRADED TO BB10OS!!!! OMG WHY ARE YOU BEING AN A$$????

And no, you can't have my friends contact, because I have his personal bbm and phone number and his parents address (as I dated his sister last year)
    Ok ok i will state this i will wait till end of march is all and leave this thread as that.
    01-30-13 12:02 PM
    You will wait until the end of March... and then what?

This thread is giving me a headache.
    Denenatse, AggreX and MC_A_DOT like this.
    01-30-13 12:14 PM
    You will wait until the end of March... and then what?

This thread is giving me a headache.
    Sell PB
    01-30-13 12:15 PM
    Sell PB
    Why, because the update didn't come on your schedule? And why do we care? Oh, right, we don't.
    You know what will happen... you'll sell your PlayBook, and the update will come, and then where will you be? lol

Also, please adjust your signature. As stated in the posting guidelines, signatures may be 1-4 lines max, including spaces. Yours is currently 9. http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/
    Thanks!
    01-30-13 12:18 PM
    Why, because the update didn't come on your schedule? And why do we care? Oh, right, we don't.
    You know what will happen... you'll sell your PlayBook, and the update will come, and then where will you be? lol
    Lol laughing as i will get a newer Tablet BB makes with faster processor and more memory and better camera and software updates for future and so on and so on... lol
    01-30-13 12:20 PM

Also, please adjust your signature. As stated in the posting guidelines, signatures may be 1-4 lines max, including spaces. Yours is currently 9. http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/
    Thanks!
    Then he will be screaming at Google or Apple that their update didn't come quick enough for his liking!!
    01-30-13 12:22 PM
    Then he will be screaming at Google or Apple that their update didn't come quick enough for his liking!!
    Never will happen as i answered her question already...... lol
    Baledorm likes this.
    01-30-13 12:24 PM
    Future tablets?
    We will continue in the tablet space but are looking for specific services (verticals) where we can provide a value proposition
    What does this mean? ie what are verticals?
    01-30-13 12:29 PM
    Sell PB
    Then you should sell NOW --- because it won't be available in March.

There are 2 much higher priority issues to deal with:

(1) they have to finish the QWERTY version of the OS first (so they can launch the Q10).
    (2) they have to finish OS 10.1 --- which at an absolute minimum needs to bring landscape mode to BB10's calender app and map app (which are currently operating only in portrait mode). On a practical level, since the Playbook's main usage is in landscape mode and we don't have these apps operating in landscape mode on BB10 phones right now --- you get the picture of the timeline.
    01-30-13 12:30 PM
    PLAYBOOK the new PALM LIFEDRIVE. Vapor ware.
    01-30-13 12:34 PM
    Then you should sell NOW --- because it won't be available in March.
    I assume this a personal guess (?)

There are 2 much higher priority issues to deal with:

(1) they have to finish the QWERTY version of the OS first (so they can launch the Q10).
    (2) they have to finish OS 10.1 --- which at an absolute minimum needs to bring landscape mode to BB10's calender app and map app (which are currently operating only in portrait mode). On a practical level, since the Playbook's main usage is in landscape mode and we don't have these apps operating in landscape mode on BB10 phones right now --- you get the picture of the timeline.
    A. Those jobs will take a small share of their pool of engineers. There should be plenty spare capacity
    B.How are these priorities defined exactly? Do you have a source, or is it just your opinion?
    01-30-13 12:41 PM
    I assume this a personal guess (?)

A. Those jobs will take a small share of their pool of engineers. There should be plenty spare capacity
    B.How are these priorities defined exactly? Do you have a source, or is it just your opinion?
    maybe, either him or one of his friends works at RIM...
    01-30-13 12:43 PM
    Thats one ugly tablet or whatever they say it is.
    01-30-13 12:43 PM
    We all know that the original Playbook was a bit of a disaster. There was nothing wrong with the hardware when released, it was the half arsed version of the OS and the lack of marketing that killed it. It took some massive price cuts to get it selling and Os2 to fix many of the problems.

I would have thought that Blackberry would want to release BB10 on the original Playbook to please existing users. I know if Blackberry announced a new tablet tomorrow, I wouldn't be rushing out to buy it. I'd wait a long time just to see if it is actually going to be supported by the software companies. If that happened, then I'd consider purchasing a BB10 powered Playbook.

Now, if Blackberry released BB10 for the existing Playbook, and it looked good, worked well and was supported in the apps dept. then as soon as a new BB10 powered tablet came I on the market, it would get my serious attention and I'd most likely be buying it.

Also, by releasing BB10 on the existing Playbook, there is an existing tablet market there for new developers to tap in to. The more apps a developer sells, the more they'll want to develop for it and the more money Blackberry make from their cut of the sales.

In my opinion, not that it's worth much, I think it would be stupid for Blackberry not to release BB10 on the original Playbook. Convert your original market over, let them fall in love with BB10 and then watch them buy new BB10 enabled tech when its released. It seems simple to me.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    01-30-13 12:45 PM
    Wow they have a lot of work to do then, so why launch BB10 now and not in march or may like specutation is now for a PB having BB10, basically get the OS stuff done first before ever stating a launch, don't go saying cause of the new phones, heck they could of waited till may to do all of this and have PB updated too at that time.
    01-30-13 12:46 PM
    Seriously dude, GO AWAY...
    mnhockeycoach99 and Enyigma like this.
    01-30-13 01:00 PM
    The priority is pretty simple --- RIM only sold about 1.5 million Playbooks to-date. RIM can live without its tablet business. RIM cannot live without its smartphone business.
    xamdam likes this.
    01-30-13 01:05 PM
98 1234