Is tonight the night?

Thachoc1 and ericlc2 like this.
    07-12-11 01:13 PM
    This forum has many cases of "I spoke to someone who knows someone who said they overheard an update is coming tomorrow" type incidents. Thus is far from that, since all of this speculation was sparked by kev himself. He has been spot on before when he stated an update was coming. Now he is even more credible being on site at RIM
    07-12-11 01:36 PM
    coming back to the first post it makes sense, fits in with MS patch tuesday, 2nd tuesday of each month. I got it first thng wed morning in the uae so pbs on charge and im off to bed!
    07-12-11 02:15 PM
    Is tonight the night?
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    Over my PlayBook do I weep
    If RIM does an OS bake
    I pray my PlayBook it don't break
    07-12-11 02:18 PM
    Give me a U. give me a P, give me a D, give me a A, give me a T, give me a E.......what do you get...........Well nothing as yet!!!!
    BUT I did hear via a RIM techie a few days ago that there was going to be another update for mac BB desktop manager with the BACK UP function to be included......and I really do feel that a update is a ready and flying through the sky as we speak.......also think that we should get some major updates before the launch of the 9900 as this smartphone is going to get mega publicit and want everything to be fully loaded when it goes to the launch pad.....bring it on
    07-12-11 03:01 PM
    I could always make a viral youtube video of me smacking a playbook down the street with a golf club making it explicitly clear why I and other PB owners are unhappy with the product. Maybe throw in a few Best Buy and Staples broken PB display stand pics or vids too. Then finish it off with links to all the RIM in house videos flaunting all the really cool stuff that our PB's cannot do.

And then I would go buy another playbook. And keep waiting.

But here is a warning, the quad core tablet cpus are coming in the next couple months. By then this tab could be a has-been and quad core > PB. Unless they make a quad core PB.

Grrrrr... now im rambling... and I should be working... DAMMIT... I hate waiting. All I want to do is to be able to use this thing for my business. So far = FAIL other than browsing the net and taking notes. The PB does make for a cool flash drive though. If you remember the cable that is...
    07-12-11 03:32 PM
    hmmm with all the connections crackberry and some forum users are bound to have its pretty suprising we cant get a solid lead on anything pb related.
    07-12-11 04:04 PM
    berryreview just tweeted the next rumored update will be july 15th, given the post it doesn't seem to include anything to make us drool, i hope thats incorrect tho!
    07-12-11 04:24 PM
    The supposed leak doesn't include any release notes really, it just says "more to come" so it's kinda pointless even if you assume it's correct...
    07-12-11 04:28 PM
    Post is on BerryReview, they make it sound like a crappy update 'again', no new or little new features.

Dam you RIM! (I hope BR is wrong and we get some features)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 04:45 PM
    im excitex for nothing.hate it...
    07-12-11 04:47 PM
    1) it's not actually berryreview's source, they are just reposting it
    2) there's no release notes really, so jumping to conclusions is pointless
    07-12-11 04:59 PM
    Post is on BerryReview, they make it sound like a crappy update 'again', no new or little new features.

Dam you RIM! (I hope BR is wrong and we get some features)

Never know what's going to come regardless of rumors until we get an actual release. With that in mind I don't see Rim releasing a 1.07 version if there's nothing that significant to give us. If its just a few small updates then we'll probably stay in another revision of 1.06. Once again all speculation we don't even know what is comming.

07-13-11 01:54 AM
    Isn't the highlight of the thread the "banned" word under the OP's name? lol

From PK.....

I'm closing the thread since the date as come and gone, and the OP is also gone.

Last edited by pkcable; 07-14-11 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Adding closure info without bump ;)
    07-14-11 07:47 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD