Guys, calm your tits down. It will come soon; RIM stated it will come "SOON".
    Ah, "soon".

On the forums of the online game I play, too much according to my better half , I see the word "soon" all the time. "soon" is the unspecified future date for the arrival of a new (often entirely speculative) feature/fix that may never actually exist - still less be released.

It's become such an in-joke that even the Mods and GameMasters use it - everyone understands it's code for "this might be on the list, and we may even get around to doing it if we find ourself with nothing better to do one wet Wednesday". So I always smile when I hear the word "soon" in conjunction with any announcement.
    05-29-12 01:30 AM
    EDIT: Just got a notice from one of my source that two apps and games from my list will be available for download from App World by next week.
    One of them include Dictionary.com app.
    Cheers!
    I hope your source is right. It just a lot of people post news from sources, and it turn out to not be true. So you can understand my skepticism.
    05-29-12 06:57 AM
    Ah, "soon".

On the forums of the online game I play, too much according to my better half , I see the word "soon" all the time. "soon" is the unspecified future date for the arrival of a new (often entirely speculative) feature/fix that may never actually exist - still less be released.
    Ah, you wouldn't be referring to SWTOR would you?
    05-29-12 12:24 PM
    Ah, you wouldn't be referring to SWTOR would you?
    Probably Warcrack
    05-29-12 12:47 PM
    Soon: Copyright 2004-2012 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
    10 characters
    05-29-12 03:27 PM
    EDIT: Official Playbook 2.1 DEV Beta will be available for download tomorrow ( NO OTA) Time not given. Stay with us as our sources go deeper.
    05-30-12 07:58 PM
    are your sources just reading the other threads?
    05-30-12 08:05 PM
    EDIT: Official Playbook 2.1 DEV Beta will be available for download tomorrow ( NO OTA) Time not given. Stay with us as our sources go deeper.
    no sh*t Sherlock.
    nappp likes this.
    05-30-12 08:07 PM
    Stay with us as our sources go deeper.
    Are they doing their own version of mission impossible? Mission Impossible 5: Getting Skype on PlayBook
    05-30-12 08:11 PM
    its coming out end of may, tomorrow's the last day, and his sources figured out it's coming out tomorrow? I was stumped! thanks!!
    Last edited by nappp; 05-30-12 at 08:49 PM.
    05-30-12 08:13 PM
    Are they doing their own version of mission impossible? Mission Impossible 5: Getting Skype on PlayBook
    Pretty much, but my sources, indeed, are the best of the bests there is at what they do.

So stay with us.....

#Soon
    Last edited by rupam95; 05-30-12 at 08:20 PM.
    05-30-12 08:15 PM
    ROTFLMAO!!! I've got NO sources and I could have figured out tomorrow must be it. What's left? I do have a Magic 8 Ball tho...Hilarious!
    05-30-12 08:38 PM
    Omg your guys are good! Or maybe by the end of May they meant June 3rd or something!? Lmao
    05-30-12 08:52 PM
    ask the "sources" aka crackberry homepage or the other threads
    05-30-12 08:54 PM
    Omg your guys are good! Or maybe by the end of May they meant June 3rd or something!? Lmao
    This is rim we are talking about and it certainly would NOT be earlier than July since it was due SOON or Just Around the Corner!
    05-30-12 11:03 PM
    Coming Soon™ .... Maybe..... Kinda..Sorta..... Not ..... Really ...... Wait-for-it...... OOoops .... Next Week.... Maybe.....Coming Soon™
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-12 11:11 PM
    Coming Soon� .... Maybe..... Kinda..Sorta..... Not ..... Really ...... Wait-for-it...... OOoops .... Next Week.... Maybe.....Coming Soon�
    Now if that doesn't sum up RIM and the Playbook succintly, I don't know what does. Brilliant!

I think I want to put that on my business card.
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-31-12 12:15 AM
    Playbook 2.1 DEV Beta is up and running.
    05-31-12 06:57 PM
    EDIT: Just got a notice from one of my source that two apps and games from my list will be available for download from App World by next week.

One of them include Dictionary.com app.

Cheers!
    'Next week' has almost passed so where are the apps and games you've promised? I think this thread should be closed to not fool anybody.
    06-03-12 01:43 AM
    Originally Posted by jafobabe
    Coming Soon� .... Maybe..... Kinda..Sorta..... Not ..... Really ...... Wait-for-it...... OOoops .... Next Week.... Maybe.....Coming Soon�
    Now if that doesn't sum up RIM and the Playbook succintly, I don't know what does. Brilliant!

I think I want to put that on my business card.
    Why? Have you officially changed your name Brittany Spears or Research In Motion?
    06-03-12 02:38 AM
    'Next week' has almost passed so where are the apps and games you've promised? I think this thread should be closed to not fool anybody.
    I prefer the Oxford English Dictionary that I installed on my BlackBerry smartphone. No wireless or WiFi connection necessary.
    06-03-12 02:40 AM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD