02-27-12 10:51 AM
    Was wondering when would start getting some news from WMC for BB.
    02-27-12 10:52 AM
    Almost here? It is here if you are running OS 7.1 on your BB. The problem is that it's not on the PB for some unknown reason.
    02-27-12 10:53 AM
    Almost here? It is here if you are running OS 7.1 on your BB. The problem is that it's not on the PB for some unknown reason.
    And if you're on T-Mobile you don't have OS 7.1
    02-27-12 10:55 AM
    If you actually try FOLLOWING the link it mentions DLNA on PB too.

Even better, what's the deal with THAT WATCH?? Imagine getting BBMs on that and using "send to Playbook" for content?!!
    02-27-12 11:01 AM
    If you actually try FOLLOWING the link it mentions DLNA on PB too.

Even better, what's the deal with THAT WATCH?? Imagine getting BBMs on that and using "send to Playbook" for content?!!
    Do you have DLNA on your Playbook?
    02-27-12 11:13 AM
    The link says, "Additionally, we’ve seen it (DLNA) available on a BlackBerry PlayBook with the introduction of OS 2.0"

Which is not true.
    02-27-12 11:18 AM
    I wonder if it is something they saw at the event.
    02-27-12 11:25 AM
    Hmmm... I doubt it. That display shows a 99XX and a playstation. The backdrop only shows BlackBerry handsets.
    02-27-12 11:28 AM
    Yup, no DLNA. Still need to hook up a USB cable to load content... pretty disappointing considering my phone from 2 years ago allows me to refresh my media wirelessly before taking a trip from my couch using DLNA...

Here's hoping they enable it soon.
    02-27-12 11:31 AM
    Their comment on DLNA on the Playbook is vague. I agree, it seems to imply that the writer believes that DLNA is ALREADY on the Playbook, but it might refer to something else?

I don't know...
    02-27-12 11:35 AM
    have you tried the view on command from BB to PB with pictures and Browsing? it works, I would assume that is a small form of DLNA..I could be wrong..but this is not Speculation..
    02-27-12 11:43 AM
    And if you're on T-Mobile you don't have OS 7.1
    You make no sense at all, sir. How can a carrier prevent you from updating the OS on your phone? You d/l 7.1 and install it on your PC, connect your BB, run DM, and there you are.
    02-27-12 12:04 PM
    have you tried the view on command from BB to PB with pictures and Browsing? it works, I would assume that is a small form of DLNA..I could be wrong..but this is not Speculation..
    Wouldn't that just be Bridge?

DLNA is a standard. All DLNA devices are inter-operable with any other DLNA device or it's not DLNA.
    02-27-12 12:19 PM
    Wouldn't that just be Bridge?

DLNA is a standard. All DLNA devices are inter-operable with any other DLNA device or it's not DLNA.
    Right. It might "Feel" like DLNA in that relationship between the PB & BB, but alas it is not DLNA.
    verticallimit12 likes this.
    02-27-12 12:21 PM
    WOW.. I keep forgetting about bridge because it seems so fluid for me. thanks....
    02-27-12 12:48 PM
    You make no sense at all, sir. How can a carrier prevent you from updating the OS on your phone? You d/l 7.1 and install it on your PC, connect your BB, run DM, and there you are.
    Lol really? Damn I'll to try that.
    02-27-12 01:05 PM
    There is a lawsuit in Europe between Microsoft and Cisco. Cisco wants to make things like Skype available across platforms. I think this would be part of this DNLA. In the future you would see Video Chat able to communicate with Skype and all other video apps.
    02-27-12 01:32 PM
    There is a lawsuit in Europe between Microsoft and Cisco. Cisco wants to make things like Skype available across platforms. I think this would be part of this DNLA. In the future you would see Video Chat able to communicate with Skype and all other video apps.
    DLNA has nothing to do with skype or video chat.
    02-27-12 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD