I bought a Playbook full price when it came out and waited for all the weak updates and apps that never materialized. But these last two broken promises have pushed me over the edge:
    - No BB10 for Playbook
    - BBM released to IPhone and Android but NOT to PlayBook!
    Goodbye BlackBerry. No more phones. No more tablets. No more lies.
    No one said bb10 is NOT coming to the pb. Frankly, the vagueness from rim is creating a lot of cranky pb owners but they said "by the end of the year" (not those exact words) and that is still another 7 months. So that promise has not been broken yet.

I don't recall the details about any bbm promise for the pb but clearly, the announcement of bbm for those other devices has also not earned rim any new friends amongst pb owners - well, maybe those who now feel free to buy iphones or android-phones.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-21-13 12:12 AM
    The problem with this scenario is that it completely screws over anyone who doesn't have a BB10 phone. I bought my Playbook (and my wife's, and a spare) on the strength of its features as a stand-alone tablet. I don't own a smart phone and I have no intention of buying one anytime soon. However, I would like to receive some of the BB10 functionality promised for the PB, specifically, Cascades support and a decent web browser. Turning the PB into a dumb terminal for a phone that I'll never own is no different than simply reneging on their original BB10 promise. Either way they lied, and those of us who pinned our hopes for extending the PB's useful lifespan on the arrival of a promised BB10 upgrade have a right to feel cheated.

RCK
    FF22, JeepBB, antiRIM and 2 others like this.
    05-21-13 12:52 AM
    ]It would be nice for fanboys to stop making excuses for RIMBBRY's incompetence, but fanboys being fanboys... ;[/HL])

BB10 could have come earlier for the PB because the Dev Alpha device has the same specs and that runs BB10 fine. Maybe BBRY are having trouble keeping Bridge functionality - with the Z10 and Q10, it's nothing more than dial-up tethering. Upgrading the PB to BB10 would turn it into a full independent device with a limited Bridge that won't work with older devices.

Anyway I'm not a fanboy so I'm not giving BBRY a free pass for treating PB users so poorly. Those idiots running the show at Waterloo have completely lost any respect I had for them.
    I agree... There are no 'free' passes, nor should there be. The sooner 'we' stop giving BBRY excuses the sooner they listen and

1. give us what we want (what they said they were going to do ) 2. give us an actual date for what they said what they were going to do...oh and 3. Do what they said what they were going to do! And i don't buy the ' the playbook can't handle bb10' bull$$$t argument. BECAUSE ITS BULL$$$T

In fact i'll go even farther....If they are not going to upgrade the Playbook to BB10...TELL ME....I won't be happy....I may never buy BBRY device again....but after i cool down....who knows.....

It's the lack of trust in what BBRY (Thor) says
    FF22 likes this.
    05-21-13 09:08 AM
    It seems that BB10 for PlayBook is coming is several weeks. @blackberry_mex, a verified Twitter account, tweeted this yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:11 AM
    It would essentially become a "dumb" screen for a BB10 phone, and would be completely dependent on it.
    I really have a hard time seeing people carrying around multiple devices like this.
    05-21-13 09:53 AM
    I really have a hard time seeing people carrying around multiple devices like this.
    you mean a backpack full of screens lol get out of your car head to the cafe for a buisness meeting pull out 5 screens (think to yourself, do I want the 6,7,8,9,10 inch screen today ?) sounds a bit redundant
    FF22 and blueberrymerry like this.
    05-21-13 09:55 AM
    I agree... There are no 'free' passes, nor should there be. The sooner 'we' stop giving BBRY excuses the sooner they listen and

1. give us what we want (what they said they were going to do ) 2. give us an actual date for what they said what they were going to do...oh and 3. Do what they said what they were going to do! And i don't buy the ' the playbook can't handle bb10' bull$$$t argument. BECAUSE ITS BULL$$$T

In fact i'll go even farther....If they are not going to upgrade the Playbook to BB10...TELL ME....I won't be happy....I may never buy BBRY device again....but after i cool down....who knows.....

It's the lack of trust in what BBRY (Thor) says
    Do they "owe" you an update? Sure, because they've (REPEATEDLY) committed to it. I'm confident they are making the best good-faith effort they can to fulfill that commitment.

Do they owe you a date? They may not be 100% on that themselves at this point, so would you prefer them to lie?

I get it. You wanted word at BB Live. They didn't give that. What are you going to do about it?

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    05-21-13 12:05 PM
    What am I going to do about it, as a long time, long-suffering BB user and fool who bought a PB?

Easy - not touch a single thing BBRY puts out, and spread the word to other potential customers to avoid BBRY like the plague. This is a company that sets premium pricing for half-baked, outdated parts, then abandons those devices on a whim. I wouldn't trust them with my personal devices any more. I sure as hell won't trust them with a big corporate purchase.
    05-21-13 03:49 PM
    @blueberrymerry

Your entire opinion of BB is invalidated because they didn't say "boo" about the PlayBook at BB Live?

Or are you saying you'll ditch them if they fail to deliver the actual update (cos that would make more sense...). If this is the case, they haven't actually said either way, and the last word from anyone in a position to know is that it IS still coming.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    05-21-13 05:07 PM
    The problem with this scenario is that it completely screws over anyone who doesn't have a BB10 phone. I bought my Playbook (and my wife's, and a spare) on the strength of its features as a stand-alone tablet. I don't own a smart phone and I have no intention of buying one anytime soon. However, I would like to receive some of the BB10 functionality promised for the PB, specifically, Cascades support and a decent web browser. Turning the PB into a dumb terminal for a phone that I'll never own is no different than simply reneging on their original BB10 promise. Either way they lied, and those of us who pinned our hopes for extending the PB's useful lifespan on the arrival of a promised BB10 upgrade have a right to feel cheated.

RCK
    I would hope that BB would give uses a choice as to whether they'd actually take the upgrade or not. As I say, I'd also see BB make at least minimal improvements to PBOS2.1. But think about it, this isn't something they'd make much revenue from, so you have to admit there's not that much incentive there. Much as I realize that dumping this update altogether would lead to some horrible PR, they just may not have the time and resources to a) get this working as a full upgrade and b) support that full upgrade.
    05-22-13 03:41 AM
60 123