does anyone has any sugesstions? some reason the speaker crackles and echos. this is through the external speaker and when i use headphones. now all of the sudden it is fine. i didn't shake it or anything, i was sitting on my lap, just started working. is there a cause for concern?
    02-20-12 10:08 AM
    Are you using the retail os or the os2 beta? I'm on the beta and have this now and again. Guessing it's a buggy codec. Might be fixed tomorrow.

Monitor the problem. If it continues contact RIM
    02-20-12 10:11 AM
    Also do yourself the favour if your on stock OS to just call rim right away and do the troubleshooting that way you dont do it on your own and have to redo it again and make it more frustrating. I can tell you that you will be doing a OS reload for sure with them so dont waste another 30mins-1hr on your own
    02-20-12 10:12 AM
    Perhaps just an intermittent connection inside the headphone jack. Plugging the headphones in and out a few times will probably solve the problem. Might be too early for concern. I don't think anyone can tell you for certain whether it's a long term problem or not.
    02-20-12 10:13 AM
    Is it possible that you were listening to a bad recording? Try listening on something else and see if it's still crackly.
    02-20-12 10:39 AM
    na, any video, mp3. its not the recording or the jackas the speaker does this as well. i am using a beta os though
    02-20-12 02:22 PM
    Reboot by holding power button and right/left volume buttons down at same time for a few seconds, then see if it still does it after reboot. This worked for me once with similar problem. YMMV
    02-20-12 02:26 PM
    i've updated the new OS, rebooted serval times. now this has become intermittent
    02-21-12 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD