lag lag buffer buffer lag. wtf? same with vevo. can anyone try watching the new 1 "st episode of sparacus on starz. i am on 2.0.4869. older g router. my test speed is always 13mbs. i touch does not lag, netbook doesn't lag either. my internet speed is 22mb down
    Last edited by mkonrath; 02-01-12 at 06:22 PM. Reason: oops
    02-01-12 06:20 PM
    It took me a while to decipher what you're trying to say, and I must admit, Google Translate was of no help, but I believe I found what your problem is....the Beta OS!!!
    scott.slater likes this.
    02-01-12 06:35 PM
    I must admit, Google Translate was of no help
    Bahahaaha

I'm on 1.0.8 and the native browser seems to have some trouble buffering youtube videos and Vimeo videos over solid, reliable wifi connections. Not sure what the deal is, maybe just the browser's fault? The same problem is found when trying to use HBO Go (although this site isn't the most friendly for the Playbook either).
    02-01-12 06:44 PM
    I have watched numerous videos on vimeo, youtube & vevo with no lag or buffering issues. My wifi speed is shown on the PlayBook as 24 Mbps. Yes, occasionally one will have some lag, but mostly, little or no lag/buffering issues.
    02-01-12 06:48 PM
    I'm don't have a problem either. I'm from Calgary as well. Maybe our internet service here is better.
    02-01-12 06:52 PM
    This is something I did to improve my connectivity. I started playing with the wireless channels. I tested a few of them and fixed my wifi to use a fixed channel.

The problem here is that if your wireless router auto channel setting thinks everything is fine with the associated devices, it might not consider interference from your neighbours using the same channel at another location in your house.

I hope that helps. It worked for me. =)
    02-01-12 06:54 PM
    No probs here....maybe it's because I learned how to use the PB, avoided being a Beta OS guinea pig, clear my cache on a regualr basis, backup and sync weekly, and thoroughly read the Cliff Notes version of "PlayBook for Dummies with PTSD."
    02-01-12 06:55 PM
    lag lag buffer buffer lag. wtf? same with vevo. can anyone try watching the new 1 "st episode of sparacus on starz. i am on 2.0.4869. older g router. my test speed is always 13mbs. i touch does not lag, netbook doesn't lag either. my internet speed is 22mb down
    Frankly, trying to watch ANY buffered video on any OS version before 2.0.0.7111 is an exercise in frustration, since the wireless network refused to transfer at any rate above 11 Mb.

.7111 has addressed this. One can easily assume it will be taken care of in the 2.0 release, too.
    02-01-12 06:56 PM
    No, I'm Spartacus!
    02-01-12 07:14 PM
    Dunno about the service you're jsing but I've been streaming House MD from tgun.tv nonstop. Dunno what service you're using but I've been streaming from tgun.tv nonstop. Here is what I think is happening:

- S/Low WiFi signal;
    - Beta OS' browser (totally non-reliable)

Not saying downgrade, but it may help. The service itself may be overloaded or something.
    02-01-12 07:34 PM
    I'm on the latest beta and I was able to watch the first episode on Starz without any real issues. At first there was a little bit of buffering, but a couple minutes in I was good. I did notice watching SOA on Amazon that the picture looked pixelated for the first few minutes and then became much sharper, but no lagging issues there.
    02-01-12 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD