So, I purchased a spare 64GB Playbook (hey, I love this device) as a just in case model. Either way, I will probably open it in a year or so and pass my current 64GB down to my kid...as she will be *hopefully* a little more responsible by then

So, my question is, do you guys/gals think that the PB will be ok in storage? It is new, unopened, and in a cool dry location (in a closet). Or will I find that a year from now it is unchargable or something?

Also, on registration, can someone *pelase* provide a direct link to register these devices? I asked previously, but someone linked to BB's support area, which only had the registration of an appworld account. Why is device registration so hidden?
    03-05-12 05:38 PM
    It would be just like if it was sitting in a store, it'll be fine.
    03-05-12 05:40 PM
    If you're referring to the 90 day support it's here. Not so hidden, a quick Google search brought it up.

PlayBook Technical Support Phone Number - PlayBook Help Phone

However, it may not do you any good if you store the PB until a year from now.
    Last edited by saudadeii; 03-05-12 at 06:01 PM. Reason: grammar fix
    03-05-12 05:48 PM
    Cool. Thanks all! Wow, $129 for extended warranty. Might as well pay $70 more and get a spare 16GB model
    03-05-12 05:54 PM
    Cool. Thanks all! Wow, $129 for extended warranty. Might as well pay $70 more and get a spare 16GB model
    On that I agree. I came close to buying a refurb 16gb model as a "backup" for $169. I figured that my warranty is for a year and I'd wait to see what the tablet market was like then.
    03-05-12 06:00 PM
    You should open and test it. The warranty runs from purchase so if it sits for a year or even most of a year, the warranty would be running while UNtested. Unbox, set it up and then store it, I'd guess.
    03-05-12 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD