Where can I get Playbook replacement speakers because mine are not working?
    Thanks in advence
    08-14-12 06:09 PM
    Ebay!
    Or if less than 1yr, manufacturers warranty
    jessedawson628 likes this.
    08-14-12 07:10 PM
    Thanks but nothing there
    08-14-12 11:11 PM
    First make sure it is hardware. I've read on this site of people with speakers go out who recovered them with a security wipe or an upgrade to the beta version of 2.1
    08-14-12 11:17 PM
    I tryed up grading to newest built of 2.1 but it didn't help. I also checked that if i plug in outside speakers they work normally. thanks for advice anyway.
    08-15-12 12:33 AM
    There is your just searching the wrong thing, don't search for playbook speakers, search for 'broken playbook' or 'spares an repairs playbook',
    These playbook's go for around �40-�50 usually just got a smashed screen.
    Buy one,un-assemble it, un-assemble yours, swap your broke speakers with the working ones on the broke playbook then re-assemble
    08-15-12 08:34 AM
    Both speakers went out at the same time?
    Something may be wrong with the headphone jack. If the PB thinks headphones are plugged in it will mute the speakers. Try plugging and unplugging the headphones multiple times.

RIM's warranty service is good. Even out of the one year warranty it would be worth your time to call them.
    08-15-12 08:39 AM
    Hi just signed up as I am a PlayBook user/owner

My PlayBook is suffering from the bulging back, and wondered if rimm would supply a new one, rather than sending unit back under warranty

Thanks Mark
    02-04-13 06:35 PM
    Hi just signed up as I am a PlayBook user/owner

My PlayBook is suffering from the bulging back, and wondered if rimm would supply a new one, rather than sending unit back under warranty

Thanks Mark
    The bulge on the back is really nothing to worry about. It is just an effect of the staking process they use for the logo.

The only "bad" thing about the bulge is that when typing on it "naked", i.e. not in a case, it will be like typing on a top. It will have a tendency to rotate/spin. How long have you had it? If within the return policy of the store from which you purchased, you should be able to do an across the counter exchange. If outside this return window, then you deal with Rim. And from what I've read in these forums, they are really quite supportive in their RMA process and policies.

My first 64 PB has a slight bulge, not enough for me to worry about as it is in a leather case. My second 64 has a perfectly flat back. It seems like the luck of the draw.

It won't cause any functionality issues, just the "weebles wobble' effect. (But they don't fall down!!!!!)

C
    02-05-13 08:59 AM
    Also there's a video of a guy who fixed his PB by usjng a hairdryer and then stacking heavy books on it fo flatten it out..incase you dont wanna spend the time to wait for BB to send you a new one.
    02-05-13 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD