There is an uploader on the pirate bay that goes by the name of "Holyroses" that seems to specialize in MP4 (.m4v) flicks.

A simple search for "720p-HR" will bring up a huge list of great movies, that work flawlessly and most even come with (.srt) subtitle files.
    I've downloaded tons from Holyroses. HDLite also has some good mp4 movies.
    01-08-12 10:43 AM
    What is bitrate and why does it matter? And (possibly related), why is a Handbrake converted movie file so much smaller than the original when I convert AC3 audio?
    The bitrate is the bits used for each unit of the playback time. Changing the bitrate on the same playback time changes the size of the file.
    What format was the original file in? Or container? I your file was a mpeg2 or say m2t2 chances are they where arger files. Most converters lower the bitrate to make smaller files so they will fit on portable devices. Sofgware that I use you can input your own bitrate to get the size you want.
    Encoding a bluray in 30 minutes is impossible. I have an alien m17 and I'm telling you there's no possible way. The fastest I've been able to do it is 4.5 hrs with 1 pass. I really didn't like the results andwent back to using 2 passes. The fastest 2 pass has been 6 hrs.
    02-20-12 12:27 AM
    Someone has to say it:

Please convert DVDs that you own.

With that said, Handbrake can convert the movies to 720p and you can queue them.
    02-20-12 12:55 AM
    The bitrate is the bits used for each unit of the playback time. Changing the bitrate on the same playback time changes the size of the file.
    What format was the original file in? Or container? I your file was a mpeg2 or say m2t2 chances are they where arger files. Most converters lower the bitrate to make smaller files so they will fit on portable devices. Sofgware that I use you can input your own bitrate to get the size you want.
    Encoding a bluray in 30 minutes is impossible. I have an alien m17 and I'm telling you there's no possible way. The fastest I've been able to do it is 4.5 hrs with 1 pass. I really didn't like the results and went back to using 2 passes. The fastest 2 pass has been 6 hrs.
    While we have you here - and slightly off topic - what technically occurs during those PASSES? In other words, what happens on pass 1 and why does pass 2 made it better?
    02-20-12 01:00 AM
    Someone has to say it:

Please convert DVDs that you own.

With that said, Handbrake can convert the movies to 720p and you can queue them.
    This is what I do to! Queue them overnight and you can have 4 to 6 movies converted just like that. I use the ipad settings in handbrake. I know it's not perfect but just tried it out. Watched a few movies this weekend and they looked great on my friends 52". We need the vlc app though for playbook
    02-20-12 01:04 AM
    720p-HR, eh?
    04-04-12 10:42 AM
    I find it worth it to get the high quality .MKV's (of the blue-ray's i own of course), then I can encode them for my tv and for mobile. takes longer but for my mac i have the turbo h264 usb stick so its fast now. its a usb stick with a very special chip inside that does the h264 encoding. best part is the computer doesn't slow down at all when its working.
    yeah...I also steer clear of things that can get me arrested. I re-encode my own using amerisoft Ultimate converter which works wonder's fast encoding also. I do have one of the old Nvidia 460 card so CUDA gets used, but 8GB of RAM and a 6 core PhenomII 3.75GHZ processor and it smokes for me especially under WINDOWS 7 64 Ultimate. yes I know I need to upgrade but it works for me. but I do not that I can re-encode up to 4 of my owned movies at a time in about 20 minutes.

I think this works a lot better than downloading torrents and hoping you get what your looking for virus free.

But I will say this. you should never admit to stealing movies on a public site unless your Superman.
    lencool likes this.
    04-04-12 02:26 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD