this has happened several times, but when I first noticed it, I had the 2.1beta installed so thought it was because of that... but I'm still having this problem with the offficial 2.1 os release.

so I'm typing a very long email (with sound on) as I love the sound of the key click, and after constant typing, say about 15-20mins, the sound disapears... but not just of the key clicking, there's no sound on a youtube video or any other media.... restarting the device fixes this problen, but why is this happening? has anybody else had this problem?? figured out how to fix it? I'll have to report to this RIM cos its weird.....

its as if I've worn out the speakers with constant typing which gives me the key press sound and so the speakers shut of as a safery mechanism so that they don't explode looool....
    11-19-12 12:55 PM
    I had 1 speaker stop working once and at the time I thought "god here we go I've killed it!"

Then I slapped the back of it on my hand 1 good time and it has worked ever since.
    11-19-12 01:27 PM
    For those having speaker issue on the playbook.. (like I did) : If you're willing to physically open your playbook (sear I fix It website on the web) , you'll fix this problem pretty quickly... it's a contact issue between the speaker pins and the main board. It seems the pins of the speaker are gradually scraping the board contact (vibration of the speaker i guess). When the contact gets completely removed, no more connection are presents between the board and the speaker pins. to resolve this, simply bend a little bit the speaker pin so it makes contact again, and close the PB. (don`t apply to much pressure on the speaker pins when moving them right or left or you'll break them) This is a simple fix that work,
    11-19-12 02:23 PM