Well I can relate to ur distress OP. The playbook's native browser is sometimes a hassle... The lagg is simply the most frustrating part for me. Not slow loading, but the UI. Working with the (very limited) interface is very frustrating. It laggs waaay too much. I often times wonder if I'm using a dual core processor device. I understand the struggles with AIR, but that is inexcusable for a professional grade tablet. I absolutely love my playbook, but moving forward, this is one of the major concerns that ought to be addressed.

I've experienced that error too many times as well, maybe it's the wifi Idk.. But it's only since upgrading to the latest OS if memory serves me correctly.

Yes, we all know by now that it's a pretty nice browser being very Html 5 compliant, and supports flash. But Html 5 is a pretty new standard and it's far from the be all end all of making or breaking a browser. Safari is nowhere to be seen in the top 5 list if I remember but it does pretty well nonetheless.

I hope 2.1 update delivers.

Sigh i really dont know how much longer i'll be able to read these "my iphone and ipad can do this..."
    06-24-12 09:19 PM
    BB10 won't have any of these issues.
    BB10 browser is already way ahead (on fresh webkit) and will be powered by dual-core 28nm Qualcomm (top notch).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-24-12 09:25 PM
    BB10 browser is already way ahead (on fresh webkit) and will be powered by dual-core 28nm Qualcomm (top notch).
    That's what people on this forum said about 2.0 update, duhee!
    06-24-12 09:39 PM
    That's what people on this forum said about 2.0 update, duhee!

(on fresh webkit) and will be powered by dual-core 28nm Qualcomm (top notch)

Show me were someone said that ^^^ about os2.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-24-12 09:59 PM
    I searched the App store for a Crackberry app and all I get is iraspberry - wtf?
    06-24-12 10:23 PM
    I searched the App store for a Crackberry app and all I get is iraspberry - wtf?
    *Jaw Drops* -.- ..... u are right on topic arent you....
    06-24-12 10:29 PM
    Well when Safari can't hack it (html5 or flash)... "there's an app for that� maybe?
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    06-24-12 10:35 PM
    Checkerboarding on Playbook or white space on the iPod touch browser. Just different poison to me.
    lynxs_claw, grover5 and kozmo68 like this.
    06-24-12 10:39 PM
    We should all come to realize that some people are just technically deficient.
    Mr Donut likes this.
    06-24-12 10:59 PM
    A POS? No, I dont think so.

I just got an Ipad 3 quite literally 2 hours ago (was required by work ) and in the first 30 minutes of use, I'm about ready to huck the thing on the ground, stomp on it, and then light it on fire. This will sum of my thoughts:

I want to go to Zen Studios website at Zen Pinball 2 only to be told that the entire site is a flash site so it's not viewable on via Safaria. Next, I want to go to the forums on Zen Studios to read some comments about some of their products only to load the forums and then receive a message saying that it's recommended to download a special "Ipad app" that will allow for easier viewing of the forums. Is the app free? Of course not, it costs money.

So then I go to CTV news website and want to view some of the videos of the news of the day - nope, cant do that via Safaira. Aha you say! There's an app for that. Well, it's free, but then I read the reviews and the words "horrible", "useless" "disgusting" and "embarrassment" comprise almost every review of CTV's official app.

Oh, as to the Playbook; none of these problems exist - the websites just load as they are meant to.

Oh, and as an aside, the ability to simply plug in the Playbook to a computer with the computer seeing it as a hard drive and not requiring any other special software in order to move files to it is in one word - heaven-sent. Never have I appreciated that more than now - utterly unbelievable what one has to do to get files onto the Ipad.

Playbook rocks!
    06-25-12 12:37 AM
    Oh, and as an aside, the ability to simply plug in the Playbook to a computer with the computer seeing it as a hard drive and not requiring any other special software in order to move files to it is in one word - heaven-sent. Never have I appreciated that more than now - utterly unbelievable what one has to do to get files onto the Ipad.

Playbook rocks!
    In my experience, this isn't true, sorry. You probably need to have Desktop Manager installed. I cannot use my Playbook as an external hard drive in my windows computer at work.
    yanicmb and rcm1301 like this.
    06-25-12 12:50 AM
    Dolphin browser on Android now edges it with a HTML5 score of 450.

*Jaw Drops* -.- ..... u are right on topic arent you....
    Well he isn't any more off-topic than folks who turn any complaint about the Playbook browser to an 'iPad can't render flash sites' bashfest.
    I mean, the OP is complaining about sluggish page load times, checkerboarding and issues with text entry/editing. While i haven't had these issues on my Playbook, getting all defensive and harping on and on about flash compatibility in Safari just doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by texazzpete; 06-25-12 at 12:56 AM.
    Haseleyman likes this.
    06-25-12 12:52 AM
    Mine works great, and I couldn't care less about your crappy experience.
    Mr Donut likes this.
    06-25-12 01:32 AM
    I think the OP went a little overboard, but I love how some of you people act like the PlayBook browser has now flaws.
    06-25-12 02:08 AM
    Let's see if we can replicate the issues.
    06-25-12 02:14 AM
    Dolphin browser on Android now edges it with a HTML5 score of 450.

Well he isn't any more off-topic than folks who turn any complaint about the Playbook browser to an 'iPad can't render flash sites' bashfest.
    I mean, the OP is complaining about sluggish page load times, checkerboarding and issues with text entry/editing. While i haven't had these issues on my Playbook, getting all defensive and harping on and on about flash compatibility in Safari just doesn't make any sense.
    Go back and read his post. He was specifically comparing the performance of the PB browser to his iphone's browser. He thinks his iphones browser can do things faster or better than the PB browser, and because of this the PB browser is a POS. How is it off topic to point out things that the PB browser can do that his iphone's can't?
    06-25-12 02:41 AM
    Go back and read his post. He was specifically comparing the performance of the PB browser to his iphone's browser. He thinks his iphones browser can do things faster or better than the PB browser, and because of this the PB browser is a POS. How is it off topic to point out things that the PB browser can do that his iphone's can't?
    He's complaining about performance issues and not about missing features. There's a big difference. How is it any comfort that his PB can run flash when he's complaining about slow load times and excessive checkerboarding?

So if he was making this comparison with an Asus Transformer Prime (quad core Tegra 3, android 4.0) with 100% flash support, running the latest, popular Dolphin browser (best HTML5 ratings of any bowser) does that mean many folks here would not be able to make an intelligent contribution?

By all means, tell him his case is an exception, not the norm. Or tell him maybe he's doing it wrong. Or ask him to post a youtube video for independent verification. That makes much more sense IMHO than the usual "good luck with Flash sites".
    rcm1301 likes this.
    06-25-12 02:53 AM
    Let's see if we can replicate the issues.
    Now THIS is the kinda post i'm talking about...from a 3 post 'newbie' no less.
    06-25-12 02:55 AM
    Other than the OS and the hardware, the Playbook is awesome!!!
    Haseleyman likes this.
    06-25-12 03:16 AM
    He's complaining about performance issues and not about missing features. There's a big difference. How is it any comfort that his PB can run flash when he's complaining about slow load times and excessive checkerboarding?

So if he was making this comparison with an Asus Transformer Prime (quad core Tegra 3, android 4.0) with 100% flash support, running the latest, popular Dolphin browser (best HTML5 ratings of any bowser) does that mean many folks here would not be able to make an intelligent contribution?

By all means, tell him his case is an exception, not the norm. Or tell him maybe he's doing it wrong. Or ask him to post a youtube video for independent verification. That makes much more sense IMHO than the usual "good luck with Flash sites".
    we probably would have given him alot of input and help. try to help him see if there is anything we could do, but when he goes PlayBook is POS every 2seconds and has a climax everytime he speaks baout his iPhone. it to me anyways clearly states he doesnt even care for any help. as for as OP's issues i personally have not witnessed them. i have an iPad2, Transformer Prime, PlayBook my PB out performs every single one of them when it comes to browsing in my experience. When OP decides to give out more info about his settings etc and doesnt throw out POS every 2seconds the rest of the community will be more inclined to help if you ask me. Until then what do i know im just using a POS device why listen to me when my choices lead to me having POS devices? lol
    Last edited by TheUnknownUser; 06-25-12 at 03:49 AM.
    06-25-12 03:41 AM
    I think the OP went a little overboard, but I love how some of you people act like the PlayBook browser has now flaws.

Everything has flaws. The question is... Why is only the PlayBook having connectivity issues on the OP's network? Questions can be asked, troubleshooting done, and suggestions made. But to say in blanket terms the browser is faulty is a rush to judgement. Isn't it better to ask for and get some help?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-25-12 05:35 AM
    we probably would have given him alot of input and help. try to help him see if there is anything we could do, but when he goes PlayBook is POS every 2seconds and has a climax everytime he speaks baout his iPhone. it to me anyways clearly states he doesnt even care for any help. as for as OP's issues i personally have not witnessed them. i have an iPad2, Transformer Prime, PlayBook my PB out performs every single one of them when it comes to browsing in my experience. When OP decides to give out more info about his settings etc and doesnt throw out POS every 2seconds the rest of the community will be more inclined to help if you ask me. Until then what do i know im just using a POS device why listen to me when my choices lead to me having POS devices? lol
    He paid good money for his PlayBook, he has every right to vent angrily when it's not up to scratch. People have different ways of expressing their annoyance. If the OP's browser has been giving him loads of frustration, then he's entitled to call it what he likes. He paid for it with his money, not yours.

Finally, what business is it of you folks if he's full of praises for his iPhone? He paid good money for his iPhone and it's performing up to his expectations (as he says). The logical thing to do is to focus on the under-performing device! I still see ZERO reason why anyone would go off on a tangent about the iPhone and Flash.

PS: This doesn't mean I agree that the Playbook browser is a 'POS'...It's worked pretty well for me so far.
    rcm1301 and kennyliu like this.
    06-25-12 05:36 AM
    in my opinion playbook would have been better accepted (and got more usable apps) if it runs OS7.1

current QNX experience is still inconsistent; applications are not well written; similar experience as in WP ( i bought Nokia Lumia 900 a week ago). WP is even worse because the marketplace doesn't work in many countries.

quality wise, there is no way we can compare qnx applications vs android or ios; its a completely different ballpark, completely different ballgame.

as far as the interface and UI experience, playbook does not really ring any new experience since i have had webos devices (pixy et al), meego (nokia n9500 developer edition), WP(lumia 900), android (droid bionic), ios (ipad) and of course BB (9900 and PB 64gb).
    For other people it may be fascinating, confusing or just downright difficult.

the browser is indeed dissapointing. most of the time its just closes..i get tired of clearing caches and whatnots. even the super-adjustable-complex-multiple setting android phones or tablet does not need me to clear caches. its so windows 98
    h20work likes this.
    06-25-12 05:48 AM
    The sad thing is that if the OP would have said 'phone' rather than 'iPhone', most of the negativity would not have happened. The inferiority complex many people have about the iPhone is crazy funny.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    06-25-12 06:02 AM
    In my experience, this isn't true, sorry. You probably need to have Desktop Manager installed. I cannot use my Playbook as an external hard drive in my windows computer at work.
    Odd, I certainly don't. Which OS on your cpt at work are you using at work?
    06-25-12 06:18 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD