How can a Site be experiencing network errors when I can load it fine on my iPhone in blazing speed? How can I not access access sub pages of a site, freezing, blue bar disappearing, while my iPhone loads the Page on first attempt? I'm on the same home network, in the same room on the same planet. Why when I load crackberry i get checkerboarding out the whazoo when I'm only scrolling down a paragraph? Why when attempting to select text for correction in this very Window I have to tap 4 times just to get the pins to appear somewhat close to the vicinity where I need to make adjustments?
    Why can't I select all the text in this input box!!!??(for fear that I'll lose my entry to a surprise crash) why when I open multiple tabs (5) its stalls and eventually crashes or mixes up the web view?

This browser is a POS and It better be flawless by the time BB10 comes, Or I'll be moving on. Yes, I'm only one individual, but out of 6 of my colleagues that picked the PB up, I am the only faithful one still using it. (I'm submitting my post here because the POS browser won't let me scroll to the end of this test input to complete my entry. This is such a POS browser)

It's just more and more frustrating and apparent that RIM doesn't seem to care or is acting fast enough to cross the T's and dot the I's
    06-24-12 05:03 PM
    Apology accepted
    06-24-12 05:11 PM
    How does your iphone do with flash? The PB browser generally works pretty good.
    06-24-12 05:12 PM
    How can a Site be experiencing network errors when I can load it fine on my iPhone in blazing speed? How can I not access access sub pages of a site, freezing, blue bar disappearing, while my iPhone loads the Page on first attempt? I'm on the same home network, in the same room on the same planet. Why when I load crackberry i get checkerboarding out the whazoo when I'm only scrolling down a paragraph? Why when attempting to select text for correction in this very Window I have to tap 4 times just to get the pins to appear somewhat close to the vicinity where I need to make adjustments?
    Why can't I select all the text in this input box!!!??(for fear that I'll lose my entry to a surprise crash) why when I open multiple tabs (5) its stalls and eventually crashes or mixes up the web view?

This browser is a POS and It better be flawless by the time BB10 comes, Or I'll be moving on. Yes, I'm only one individual, but out of 6 of my colleagues that picked the PB up, I am the only faithful one still using it. (I'm submitting my post here because the POS browser won't let me scroll to the end of this test input to complete my entry. This is such a POS browser)

It's just more and more frustrating and apparent that RIM doesn't seem to care or is acting fast enough to cross the T's and dot the I's
    Sorry you're having problems. I see it as a work-in-progress. But I have experienced a few of those things you mentioned. The text selection is far from perfect but, to RIM's credit, they have been faithful with updates. I think maybe the next update, 2.1, will alleviate a lot of issues people seem to be experiencing with the PB.

I hope you'll hang in there and not give up. Maybe things will get much better soon.
    06-24-12 05:14 PM
    It has a long way to go to become awesome.
    dave1701 likes this.
    06-24-12 05:25 PM
    @Marty - I'll be sticking around because actually like this little black sucker. BB10 looks promising, but can it really be a full refresh of what we have now? I hope so

@pacoman03 - I'm a former Flash / Flex dev, and I do still love the platform, but, it's time has past for the bowser experience. Adobe is now moving flash/AIR to game development and apps, and even apps are questionable because of performance and file size issues. Just look at the native apps in the PB(which are mostly AIR)...they are laggy and suck. Also, because Flash/AIR is so heavily tied into the OS, we aren't open to quick updates which include the most Recent Stage3D classes which take advantage of GPU hardware acceleration.

If RIM goes down I'll be sad for all the talented coworkers, and the community it supports. I won't be sad for the management and former employees that actually allowed the release of this tablet with such weak software. I remember watching Balsilie on CNBC touting this device, holding it up and professing that it was a tool and not a toy.

CEO Interview: Jim Balsillie - CNBC

I don't think he didn't even use the device for an hour let alone 15 minutes as doing so would have had him grinding teeth. ESPECIALLY the WEB BROWSER with version 1.0!
    Last edited by leedium; 06-24-12 at 05:47 PM.
    06-24-12 05:43 PM
    Have you tried SimpleBrowser+ ? HaTax is the dev and posts frequently on CB.
    06-24-12 05:58 PM
    How does your iphone do with flash? The PB browser generally works pretty good.
    Not that I can answer for the iPhone users... My Laptop and Phone do pretty well without flash.
    06-24-12 06:03 PM
    Oh my! Another thread about how awesome the iPhone is. Some of my friends with iPhones might disagree - but hey - whatever turns your crank!
    bigbmc26 and maddie1128 like this.
    06-24-12 06:17 PM
    Not that I can answer for the iPhone users... My Laptop and Phone do pretty well without flash.
    Just curious, but can your phone stream this? Video: Secrets of the Sun | Watch NOVA Online | PBS Video
    06-24-12 06:20 PM
    OP: LOL, you should be posting in an iPad/iPhone forum.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-24-12 06:25 PM
    I think he was trying to drive the point that pb browser has some issues. Issues that I have experienced as well.

Do other platforms do better in certain aspects of the browser - yes they do. Does the pb have flash and therefor have an advantage - yes if you use flash sites (and I do).
    06-24-12 06:27 PM
    This is a POS thread
    06-24-12 06:42 PM
    Thank you for your info. We will all think about it.
    06-24-12 06:54 PM
    I enjoy my PB browsing experience just fine and can utilize sites that have a lot of complicated scripting behind them, including photo touchup apps, webcam chat apps, remote computer login sites, and so on. I don't have to think whether they are HTML5 or Flash... everything just works!

I am sorry if the checkerboard pattern is a problem. Have you considered maybe the Wifi signal and connection speed is maybe the issue for the delay in rendering the data, versus your iStuff?

This is one more thread bashing the PB browser like it is garbage when we all know it is one of the most compliant around and numerous comparisons prove it. Sounds like another rant by someone who has to kick the PB and RIM to feel good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    copperoak and rotorwrench like this.
    06-24-12 07:08 PM
    I myself, do have continuing, network error message, tried many solutions but browser keeps acting up, it is frustrating, i'd really be po'd if I had paid full price. But I'm sticking with RIM, hoping to see a fix come through sooner than later, months and months in between fixes is really frustrating. Rim seriously must monitor these issues and react faster to these bugs.
    06-24-12 07:22 PM
    The only time I get network errors is while using bridge.
    06-24-12 07:30 PM
    The only time I get network errors is while using bridge.
    I don't use bridge, just wifi.
    06-24-12 07:52 PM
    I mean, not everyone has the experiences the OP has. My browser works fine for me. My front facing camera doesn't work. But just because it doesn't work for me, I don't go around calling the PB camera a POS (whatever that means )

This thread is a POS (whatever that means )
    Last edited by bounce007; 06-24-12 at 09:43 PM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-24-12 08:12 PM
    Guess the OP has never used the Browser on the Touchpad
    06-24-12 08:16 PM
    In spite of the claims that the other device works fine, I'm quite sure the OPs problem is actually with WiFi.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    06-24-12 08:32 PM

Why when attempting to select text for correction in this very Window I have to tap 4 times just to get the pins to appear somewhat close to the vicinity where I need to make adjustments?
    Stop tapping. One long press brings up the pointers and move them to select text. Simple really. Even with 20 yahoo tabs open.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 06-24-12 at 08:47 PM.
    06-24-12 08:43 PM
    I enjoy my PB browsing experience just fine and can utilize sites that have a lot of complicated scripting behind them, including photo touchup apps, webcam chat apps, remote computer login sites, and so on. I don't have to think whether they are HTML5 or Flash... everything just works!

I am sorry if the checkerboard pattern is a problem. Have you considered maybe the Wifi signal and connection speed is maybe the issue for the delay in rendering the data, versus your iStuff?

This is one more thread bashing the PB browser like it is garbage when we all know it is one of the most compliant around and numerous comparisons prove it. Sounds like another rant by someone who has to kick the PB and RIM to feel good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    A buddy from work is going to scrap his iphone for something else. He says he has to reboot it twice a day and it is overheating. Its a 4 or 4 s, (the 5 they couldnt deliver.)
    06-24-12 08:56 PM
    Not sure OP. I have 3 BlackBerrys, an iPad, a PlayBook, a Tivo, a laptop and 2 PCs on my home network and have no difference in connectivity between them.

You' d have to do some troubleshooting to figure out the difference. It sure aint as simple as " the iPhone is awesome and the PlayBook sucks ". I can say that much.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    grover5 and kozmo68 like this.
    06-24-12 09:06 PM
    I to think the Playbooks browser is terrible. The checker boarding is terrible! Web pages load very slow, and yes I have checked my router and turned off flash and java, cleared cache. I have nothing else to turn off or disable. My IPad, my Touch pad, my Transformer Pad and also my Galaxy player all load web pages faster with no checker boarding.
    06-24-12 09:07 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD