Couple of questions. 1. In bridge, can I use my phone apps through my PB? Ex bible app or time mobile from bold 9900 pb 2) in bridge, what are the things that the PB can do through phone (ex, email, sms, bbm, calendar etc). Especially sms, can I do sms in my pb using bridge? Let me know what other features I can use using bridge.
    I'm excited to get my new PB in a couple of weeks thanks!
    02-01-12 10:06 AM
    Hi. No your phone apps will not work thru bridge except for email, calendar, bbm. There is an app to allow text from the playbook in app world. Depending on your carrier you can also surf over bridge with no additional data plan etc. but it does use your allotment of data your phone has.

You should look at the sticky hints and tips thread at the top of the playbook section.
    02-01-12 10:25 AM
    Currently only a handful of apps work through the bridge (such as memopad, calender, web browser, etc)..

You are coming at the right time to the playbook club... The upcoming OS update promises to make this device what it should have been almost 8 months ago. If i knew now what i new then I wouldnt have bothered buying it on launch day. I would have waited... but who knew the cr*p Lazaridis and Balsillie were going to pull.
    02-01-12 10:26 AM
    only PIM apps work from the bridge as far as I know. PB app world has plenty of usfull apps.
    pim apps, contacts, email, calendar, BBM, other BB apps
    02-01-12 10:27 AM
    There is an app called PhoneRemote that mirrors the bbphone on the pb so you kind of run the apps on the phone in big screen versions - a bit slow. But the pb itself canNOT run phone apps.
    02-01-12 10:56 AM
    There is an app called PhoneRemote that mirrors the bbphone on the pb so you kind of run the apps on the phone in big screen versions - a bit slow. But the pb itself canNOT run phone apps.
    I'm going to have to take a look at that app. Thanks
    02-01-12 11:31 AM
    I'm going to have to take a look at that app. Thanks
    It is a PHONE app.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-12 12:19 PM
    Thanks for all the useful tips guys. Hopefully i get my new PB by the time OS2 is released
    02-02-12 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD