At least I think it does.

Two weeks ago I logged into my Sony Entertainment account via my playbook. Browsed thru some movies but when I went to watch the trailer it stopped and gave me a message saying that they don't support the blackberry browser.

Today - much different. I can now watch the trailers... next step will be renting or purchasing a movie.

But if Sony now supports the PB browser that's a big plus for me because apart from my mobile products being blackberry, everything else is basically Sony.

Up until now I had no solution for movies purchased online. With Sony supporting the browser that means I can purchase movies thru the Sony Entertainment network and watch it really anywhere.

And the SEN works on the Z10.

For me this is great as it just added more life and usefulness to my playbook.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:10 PM
    This is great news. Thanks for posting.
    05-27-13 05:49 PM
    I might have spoken too soon.... watching trailers and purchasing content - no problem.

Watching purchased content - bit different. I purchased a little movie - now trying to figure out how to watch it.
    05-27-13 05:51 PM
    Yup my bad - can't do it....

Tabernac!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:58 PM
    In case you didn't know, Amazon Prime has a great selection of movies, shows, etc. and they stream fine on PlayBook!
    b320 likes this.
    05-27-13 08:23 PM
    In the US but not in Canada - we pay the same price as Americans but only get the shipping benefit for a prime membership.

Actually last night I found that cinemanow streams to the playbook via the browser but it's not unlimited like Amazon or Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:17 AM