What frustrates me is sales wise, Playbook has a larger audience.

On December 17, 2011, the PlayStation Vita was launched in Japan with 325,000 units sold in the first few days after the launch. Sales dropped 78% in the 2nd week ending on December 25, 2011 to 74,000 units sold. PlayStation Vita sales continued to drop in subsequent weeks, reaching an all-time low of under 14,000 units in the 9th week ending February 15, 2012.

In the week of February 13, the PS Vita reached its lowest sales in a week in Japan, with only 12,309 units being sold, being behind its predecessor, the PSP (with 14,824).

No word yet on US launch but being a hardcore gamer I have one and it's a slick device. I have no need for Netflix (or Hulu) as I have terrabytes of media and streaming is less than ideal. Playbook with HDMI out is killer, add some more codec support and OTG for USB drives and Playbook would be the killer device for those that don't *cough* purchase content
    Wrong.

Europe seems to have embraced the Vita, (UK figures at 125k) experiencing its largest launch week numbers out of the 3 main territories. Not quite reaching the impressive PSP launch numbers back in 2005, but still above both the 3DS and the DS.

Including figures from its Japanese launch last year, the Vita clears 1 million units in its first week. This puts the install base at 1.4 million, and should top 2 million fairly soon.

A strong launch line up helps PS Vita off to a good start, certainly comparable to the 3DS. In the coming weeks we should have a vague idea on how the Vita will perform during the summer. Though if we look back to this period last year after a similar launch to the Vita, the 3DS endured a difficult start in life before getting a significant price reduction. With the holiday season a way off it's likely we're going to see something similar with the Vita. Sony however has commented that they're content with the current sales and not something they should be worried about.

This is why there is a Netflix App for the Vita and none for the Playbook. Playbook's recent numbers haven't been released yet but I'd guess they barely cleared a million a YEAR after launch.
    02-27-12 02:40 PM
    Just curious... The last 2 posts were concerning mainly Europe and japan and the whole issue began about a netflix app.. Is netflix available in either EU or Japan? If not those numbers are kinda pointless as to the amount of units that can actually use netflix no? Heh.. Either way westerners love there consoles and tablets so it's still not hard to see why an app was a priority on the vita.. You can pretty much assume every other kid atleast in the US and Canada will want one at some point not to mention MANY adults hehe starting sales or not anything with the playstation name on it is here for the longrun.. If you Google playbook reviews.... Unfortunately it will put a bad taste in your mouth until you do some actual research on the device instead of just going with what the mass of terrible uneducated reviewers have to say :/ seems alot of lazy reviewers just Wana regurgitate the same crap over and over while overlooking what the playbook can actually accomplish lol.
    Despite my opinions of netflix itself I don't see why they wouldn't just do it... They can only gain more customers and keep most of the existing ones.. Seems like laziness idk.. I'm done talking about it for reals now though lol
    for those that want netflix I hope you get it eventually! everyone else... Get your eye patches out! Arrrr!
    Last edited by Alt-F4; 02-27-12 at 05:58 PM.
    02-27-12 05:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD