Any tutorial on repairs can I purchase a micro usb port?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 12:20 AM
    I'm not an expert, but probably easier to replace the port than repair it. I'd be worried that more than just the port specifically is mangled.

Luckily the PlayBook has an alternative charging method built right in. It might just be easier to buy the PB rapid charger or rapid charging dock that both plug into the magnetic dock with the 4 silver dots in it.
    dierre likes this.
    05-26-14 12:36 AM
    Same issue here but use rapid charger. Problem lies with getting data onto the device now.

Probably can use wireless file transfer but then how do you do sideloading?
    dierre likes this.
    05-26-14 01:07 AM
    Same issue here but use rapid charger. Problem lies with getting data onto the device now.

Probably can use wireless file transfer but then how do you do sideloading?
    I have the same issue with the USB port and I used the rapid charger. No problem at all doing side loading via Wi-Fi. I use the Chrome extension for all of my side loading and no issues at all.

Don't even miss the broken USB port.

Posted via CB10
    dierre, FF22 and mh1983 like this.
    05-26-14 01:44 AM
    I have the same issue with the USB port and I used the rapid charger. No problem at all doing side loading via Wi-Fi. I use the Chrome extension for all of my side loading and no issues at all.

Don't even miss the broken USB port.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm that sideloading over WiFi works great. I still have a working USB port and use the original charger, but prefer to do WiFi sideloading. I suspect if I got the magnetic rapid charger, I wouldn't miss the USB port either.
    dierre likes this.
    05-26-14 06:26 AM
    Thanks a lot everyone that didn't even cross my mind

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 06:47 AM
    I can confirm that sideloading over WiFi works great. I still have a working USB port and use the original charger, but prefer to do WiFi sideloading. I suspect if I got the magnetic rapid charger, I wouldn't miss the USB port either.
    Thanks a lot everyone

Composed via Q10 pin:2AEA2051
    05-26-14 06:53 AM
    Just curious what are you must had sideloads on your playbook?

05-26-14 06:53 AM
    Any tutorial on repairs can I purchase a micro usb port?

Posted via CB10
    Lots of threads on what happens if the micro USB plug is inserted in wrong orientation. Sometimes if the white tab is simply bent it may be possible to straighten it with a toothpick. The simplest thing to do is to get the Rapid Travel charger or the Dock both of which couple to the three pin magnetic charging dock. These charge faster and most people are happy not to use the USB port. Incidentally for any cord you plan to plug into the USB port or the HDMI port mark the end of the plug with fingernail polish on the side that is supposed to be up screenside. If you want to see what the inside of the PB looks like you can look at teardowns on iFixit or similar sites and I believe you will decide that replacement requires an electronics technician or at least a skilled person.
    05-26-14 11:35 AM
    Just curious what are you must had sideloads on your playbook?

Greatest Apps nominations and results are here...Sideloads included..enjoy!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=920667

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    05-28-14 04:10 AM
    I have the same problem. The charge port is broken. I have the rapid charge cable so I can charge. But, how can I add data, e.g. music to the Playbook. Can you explain side loading?
    Thank you.
    05-31-14 02:11 PM
    I have the same problem. The charge port is broken. I have the rapid charge cable so I can charge. But, how can I add data, e.g. music to the Playbook. Can you explain side loading?
    Thank you.
    Not sure about side loading but you can use wireless transfer. Just drag and drop into your music folder.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 04:39 PM
    Thank you.
    make sure wifi sharing is on, log in to your tablet IP in explorer then map the media folder for transfering files.

sideloading use the chrome app which is simple enough then you use the IP again with the playbook in development mode.

reasonably simple and you wont miss the cable.

for those with a mangled port the third charge option is to use a wireless charger and fix a QI, powermat or palm charging patch inside the case. you can pick kits up for phones off ebay for a 10-15 and then it's just a quick solder.

they only charge to a max of 1amp but it is better than nothing.
    mh1983 likes this.
    06-02-14 02:07 AM