Here's what happened today. Thought I share it with you.

I live in Germany and before going to tutor a student of mine I thought I'd waste some time in the nearby MediaMarkt. As I browsed through the shelves I noticed a 32gb playbook (which is quite uncommon in Germany to be available in shops).
    So, I thought I'd have a look at it and what I saw was horrible!
    The playbook was in superbad condition. The touchpad wasn't really responding, it was crammed with and TONS of customer-videos. That whole thing was a mess!
    Then I noticed one thing: it was still running the very first OS -.-

Since I had time left and couldn't stand that view of a totally unoperatable playbook I started to take care of it. 1st I tried to update it (of course), but it wasn't possible because it was so loaded with videos and crap that there wasn't enough space left!
    So I cleaned that whole up, deleted all those stupid videos, closed all of the (more than 20!!) simultaneously running apps and THEN I started installing the new OS.

It was a bit conspicious, so I walked through the shop for some minutes and came back when it was done.
    And ET VOILA! : a completely fresh, set-up, playbook!

I really can't believe how they think ANYONE would possibly buy that if they don't take care of it. Really. It's no wonder the pb has such a bad reputation with so many people.

In every shop there are like 50 employees swarming around apple-products, but no one even cared for me while I was completely swiping and setting-up the playbook.

I'm sorry if I bored you or wasted your time. It just pissed me off today.
    03-06-12 03:20 PM
    Thanks for doing that, Calimero!

It's terrible when sales staff are too badly trained to ensure that all their demos are in good working order!
    03-06-12 03:29 PM
    Good stuff!
    03-06-12 03:47 PM
    Good work. You have done RIM a favor.
    03-06-12 07:14 PM
    Good work. You have done RIM a favor.
    I have the sneaking suspicion, that RIM doesn't care very much in Germany. It sometimes feels like I have to do missionary work around here -.-
    03-07-12 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD